Royal Enfield Himalayan

This wouldn't be an "adventure" bike either until you take that stupid front mudguard off...

True - but to be fair to RE, the BMW GS series also has the weird double mudguard arrangement. But if you're serious about riding in the dirt the lower mudguard would need removing before it clogged and then got ripped off.

Still want one.

One really great feature of the Bullet I saw in Laos was the seat, R-E-A-L-Y comfortable saddle, this looks like the mother of all uncomfortable ass-busters is not good for those long rough Himalayan roads. You will have to ride permanently on your haunches and that will be tiring.

I need to have my fat backside planted on a nice comfy sofa if I am going to tackle that place, which I plan to.

One really great feature of the Bullet I saw in Laos was the seat, R-E-A-L-Y comfortable saddle, this looks like the mother of all uncomfortable ass-busters is not good for those long rough Himalayan roads. You will have to ride permanently on your haunches and that will be tiring.

I need to have my fat backside planted on a nice comfy sofa if I am going to tackle that place, which I plan to.

The sprung saddles on the Classic Bullets are excellent. But I ride a CRF250M so anything seems like a sofa compared to my bike.

Although I plan to use an inflatable 'Airhawk' seat cover for my longer trips - makes anything bearable for long distances.

If you could get one of these in Thailand it would be great to ride to India for a road trip. I think it's possible to cross Myanmar now?

You could add all the luggage accessories in India and ride it back 'fully dressed'.

The sprung saddles on the Classic Bullets are excellent. But I ride a CRF250M so anything seems like a sofa compared to my bike.

Although I plan to use an inflatable 'Airhawk' seat cover for my longer trips - makes anything bearable for long distances.

If you could get one of these in Thailand it would be great to ride to India for a road trip. I think it's possible to cross Myanmar now?

You could add all the luggage accessories in India and ride it back 'fully dressed'.

Actually I was referring to the long seat, it is covered in an expanding material with elastic all over the place. I recon I could ride all day with one of those, well arse-wise anyway.

I just had my Lifan dirt bike saddle recovered and before that my Honda NV400 and they both look great...but there aren't really that comfortable and I used to think it was down to the foam, but it isn't. They make saddles look nice and that means a tight cover, which turns this nice soft foam into a brick.

So I am going to visit my saddleman, get him to loosen things off a little and report back..... This could be a revolution in biking comfort, the elixir for the blissful bum feel...If you'll pardon the expression.

PS. I'll tell you what I like about this bike, those side pod covers held on with 4 screws, none of this plastic clip crap, like on my Honda. We all know it needs screws/bolts to secure things, so why hide the engineering?

Edited by AllanB

• 1 year later...

Had a look at it recently at the Bangkok Motor Show.
I like the design. Also I could find mostly positive reviews on the internet, some quoting it as the best entry level adventure motorcycle.
The price could be attractive, too.
Will have a look soon at their shop in Bangkok.

• 5 months later...