My day so far.

colinneil

Got wife up at 5am, today annual retirement extention.

Wife got me out of bed at 6.30, fed my bantams/fish etc.

Winched in to car 8.00am, heading for Khonkaen 46 kilometers.

Arrived at the bank 8.50, wife went in to get my letter for immigration, out after 23 minutes.

Arrived immigration 9.35, wife went got photo copies, i signed them, off she goes inside.

I get out my book, ready for a long wait, 13. minutes later wife in the car set lao she says !!WHAT!!

Everything finished she says.

Maybe all the long suffering farangs in Chiang mai would wish for such speedy service.

On the way home we stop at Tesco says the wife ohh s..t me thinks.

Stopped at Tescos, waited 1 hour 35 minutes, wife comes back with 1 small bag of shopping.

Due to my condition i have to sit and put up with things like that, and cannot say too much.

Arrived home, wife is in a rush to get to school.

First she puts the chicken in the fridge. Then she gets changed.Goes to the car, where car key, she asks, how should i know was the reply. Not play game darling i am in a hurry.

She cannot find the car key. Jokingly i said have you looked in the fridge!!

Why farang say stupid thinks like that, wife says.

T.I.T. darling i say. Guess what, she finally looks in the fridge.

Finds car keys in the bag of chicken.

She very quietly gets in the car and leaves.

Ahh good i can go on my mobility scooter. Spoke too soon bloody flat tyre.

Most exciting day i have had in a long time.

Top marks to KK immigration for a fast and pleasant/ polite service.

There's a spray you can put into the tires so they can't deflate anymore....you can even drive through nails with them after the treatment.

They make solid rubber inner tubes for bicycles....Seems like a good thing for a mobility scooter....Has the bounce and shock absorbance of an inner tube but can't flatten → which would be a huge plus in Thailand where it's hot and service isn't always exactly right around the corner....

There's a spray you can put into the tires so they can't deflate anymore....you can even drive through nails with them after the treatment.

They make solid rubber inner tubes for bicycles....Seems like a good thing for a mobility scooter....Has the bounce and shock absorbance of an inner tube but can't flatten → which would be a huge plus in Thailand where it's hot and service isn't always exactly right around the corner....

The spray is for all kind of tires, they will still absorb shocks like a normal tire does.

A sad read...for the ones who can.

Feel for you OP.

Sir you say you feel for me.Thank you but life is what you make of it, yes i am paraplegic, life is not easy anymore.

It is very frustrating having to ask for help for things i used to do easily.

I make the most of life best i can, always positive never let things get me down.

Have a fantastic wife, some first class friends.Some of them TV members, always ready to help me.

1 friend visits me every week, has kept me well supplied with books for 18 months now. If for any reason he is not able to visit, he phones to let me know.Friends like that, and the 3 friends who helped me get my mobility scooter are true friends.

So TV members next time you are feeling down, remember there is always somebody worse off than you.

Always be kind to others and help them just a little bit if you can.

A sad read...for the ones who can.

Feel for you OP.

The beauty of this story is that the OP just gets on with things, making the most of what life has dealt him.

The people I feel sorry for are the poor buggers who work at the local Global House. Colin will be in there every day now he has his scooter and, before long, he will no doubt be advising them how to improve their stock control etc! :)

Edited by Jip99

Further to my other posts.

Wife came home from school, says to me i lazy to cook you cook dinner ok.

No problem darling. So out comes some of the chicken she bought this morning.

I will fix chicken marinated in honey. I put 1 third of a cup honey/ same amount of water, salt/pepper/coriander powder in a bowl mixed it cut chicken in to strips, left it in the fridge,( MADE SURE NO CAR KEYS IN THERE).

took it out after 1 hour, mixed chicken in tempura flour, fried in deep fat fryer.

Served it along with chinese leaves/ chinese mustard/ spring onions/ tomatoes/ coriander. All organic grown myself.

We were fighting for the last chicken, it was delicious. Left wife to wash up, while i went on TV.

day over time for bed. Now on TV because i cannot sleep ( forgot my pain killers.) Wife is snoring.

Stay tuned for the next installment of my day so far.