Thailand Elite Visa for 5 years - anyone tried this?

So what advantages does a TE Visa have over a 'multiple entry' Type O Retirement Visa ? Thanks.

Another advantage of the TE visa is you don't have to apply for a reentry permit when you depart Thailand.

And other advantages of the 5 year PE (Privilege Entry) visa are the airport limousine and fast track services. No more taxi hassles and no more queuing at immigration/customs (entry and exit).

The 'meet and greet' personnel can stand in line for you at the airport check-in counter (but, obviously, you do have to 'front' the desk when it is your turn) while a porter takes care of your baggage. You get access to business lounges on departure (if you're on an economy flight) and the 'golf buggy' service on arrival. Also, on arrival, you do not have to stand around and wait for your baggage at the luggage carousel. Give the porter your 'bag tags' and they will retrieve your baggage for you, take it through customs and out to the car.

Not to mention the assistance they gave me with obtaining Thai car and motorcycle licences.

After stuffing around with other visas and entry waivers, my only regret with the Privilege Entry visa (and the Thailand Elite service) is that I did not get it sooner.

The question asked was "So what advantages does a TE Visa have over a 'multiple entry' Type O Retirement Visa ? Thanks."

• A multiple entry non 'O' visa would not need a re-entry permit either. Someone on an extension of stay can buy a multiple re-entry permit.
  • ​Limosine and fast track services are services TE members have paid for, in advance, as part of the membership fee. Any visa holder can buy these services, as needed. Seems to me a that it's a disadvantage paying up front for something that you may never use or that is only available in certain areas.[/size]

I am not against the TE visa and considered it myself, but I am still to read of one "advantage" the TE visa offers over someone that qualifies for a 1/2 year multiple entry visa or 1 year extensions of stay.

Out of interest how did TE assist with obtaining driving licences?

Edited by elviajero

I've had the TE visa for one year now and I love it. These days I have more money than years left to spend it, so I am very happy to pay for convenience and lack of hassles.

After years of applying for many tourist visas, lots of extensions, several overstays, innumerable border runs, etc. I'm so happy to no longer do that.

I've yet to do any 90-day reports. Has anyone here had TE staff do your 90-day report for you? How does that work? Do they need your passport? If so, how do you get it to TE staff and how do you get it back?

You leave your passport and the 90 day report form at the Thailand Elite office any Tuesdays.

They do the reports every Wednesday.

You can pick up your passport on the Thursday.

The TE office is at the BKK immigration building, so having to go to and fro from Sukhumvit Soi 10 on two different days is way more trouble than just going one time, doing the 90-day report myself, and then returning to Soi 10 on the same day.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is there perhaps a TE office in a more central location in BKK?

The office is on Sathorn, next to W Hotel.

Thanks Gerry ... Good to know. Maybe I can get my favorite moto-cy guy to deliver/pickup my passport at Sathorn office nd I won't even have to leave my condo. Anyway, I'll give TE staff a call and see what are the possibilities.

Yes, you don't need to go yourself.

Send anyone to drop your passport.

And inform TE about who is the person who will pick it up after the 90 report is done.

• Like 1

The 90 day report when on a Thailand Elite PE visa is the last and only argument left to those who still want to criticize the Thailand Elite program.

This can however been done online, as with any other type of visa. And in Bangkok the Thailand Elite staff do the report for the members.

There has been some rumors that Thailand Elite is trying to remove the need for its members to do the 90 day report.

When this happens I guess that 100% of tv posters will agree that it is the best and most convenient option to stay in Thailand.

But, as I said in a previous post, nobody should be surprised to see the membership joining fee go up...

Anyone can pay someone to report for them which is what TE members are doing.

TE cannot "remove the need for it's members to do the 90 day report" as it is the law. And even if they could somehow change the (immigration act) law in their favour it still wouldn't make the TE worthwhile for many as 90 reporting is no big deal anyway.

Not so long ago some tv posters would not believe that there actually was a "Thailand Elite visa"...

I guess that the day Thailand Elite members do not have to do the 90 day report, some will take quite a long time before to believe it. Let's see what comes up in the future wink.png

Good to read that the 90 day report is not a big deal in your opinion... as it seems to be the last possible critic against the program smile.png

I don't think that the 90 day reporting is the last possible critic against the TE card.

From my perspective it is the 500k for a visa that is the sticking point.

Ridiculous amount of money to stay in a third world country still with no rightssmile.png

If you consider 500,000 (baht) a lot of money, I respect your view. But it's obviously not a product suitable for your personal situation and lifestyle.

Thailand Elite is aimed at foreigners who at least have "some" funds, and look for convenience.

Personally I think that the price of the membership is negligible.

Compared to the advantages that Thailand Elite gives to its members (apart from the PE visa), it a bargain.

Question of perspective indeed...

• Like 2

Why somebody over 50 would pay 500,000 Bahts for an Elite Visa? I can get an OA Visa M entries for around 6300 Bahts for one year and get a one year extension as I only spend 6 months a year in Thailand, that would be around 31,500 Bahts for 10 years. If someone has that much money to throw away in the garbage can, they can send it to me, I will make good use of it.

Some do not like lost time for get visa.

TE is near one hour( online trasfer+ on arrive wait when have stiker in passport)

How many time you spell for get Visa every year?;)

TE just easy way and I guess it no big cost for many guys.

And Time its not garbage.

And do not forget on OA Visa mist hold on 800k if cant show income.

Different 300k .in some place its can 10-12% per year. It 30k :)

But ofcouse have another option.

Thats why I say. Thailand it very easy entry and stay in country with many way , with developed imfrastructur and low cost simple life.

Ps

Sorry about my English

:)

• Like 1

The 90 day report when on a Thailand Elite PE visa is the last and only argument left to those who still want to criticize the Thailand Elite program.

This can however been done online, as with any other type of visa. And in Bangkok the Thailand Elite staff do the report for the members.

There has been some rumors that Thailand Elite is trying to remove the need for its members to do the 90 day report.

When this happens I guess that 100% of tv posters will agree that it is the best and most convenient option to stay in Thailand.

But, as I said in a previous post, nobody should be surprised to see the membership joining fee go up...

TE cannot "remove the need for it's members to do the 90 day report" as it is the law. And even if they could somehow change the (immigration act) law in their favour it still wouldn't make the TE worthwhile for many as 90 reporting is no big deal anyway.

Not so long ago some tv posters would not believe that there actually was a "Thailand Elite visa"...

I guess that the day Thailand Elite members do not have to do the 90 day report, some will take quite a long time before to believe it. Let's see what comes up in the future wink.png

Good to read that the 90 day report is not a big deal in your opinion... as it seems to be the last possible critic against the program smile.png

I don't think that the 90 day reporting is the last possible critic against the TE card.

Ridiculous amount of money to stay in a third world country still with no rightssmile.png

Can you tell me where can stay same easy(cen get it near on hour 10 min call,email for apply, 5 min payment online, 30 min in airport immigration get Visa) and cheapest? And for what you say about third world country? Its must be chepest when NATO coutntry or Communist?

Or what i do not understan your point "third world"

• Like 1

Can you tell me where can stay same easy(can get it near on hour 10 min call,email for apply, 5 min payment online, 30 min in airport immigration get Visa) and cheapest? And for what you say about third world country? Its must be chepest wthan NATO coutntry or Communist?

Or what? I do not understan your point "third world"

If 500k means nothing to you fair enough I guess.

I would rather spend the money on something else.

And yes Thailand is a very third world country.

Check the latest thread on the pensioners being arrested by 50 police in Patts for playing bridge. what a joke.

As I said already I spend around 6 months a year in Thailand every year on a combo of tourist visas andentry visas.

It is no hassle at all.

And now they have this new six month tourist visa which is pretty easy to get I hear as well.

Anyway as the thais say up to you if you are happy with it.

Even if I had millions of dollars in spare cash I wouldn't get one. It is for me a rip off.

Ye,s you said it, you don;t have millions and will never have. End of story.

Every time someone post about the Elite all the cheap charlies rush to tell how stupid are the people who can spend 500k for it, so ridiculous !

Hey, I just bought a new 10MB car, am I even more ridiculous ? Please tell me I love it <3

Check the latest thread on the pensioners being arrested by 50 police in Patts for playing bridge. what a joke.

As I said already I spend around 6 months a year in Thailand every year on a combo of tourist visas andentry visas.

It is no hassle at all.

And now they have this new six month tourist visa which is pretty easy to get I hear as well.

Even if I had millions of dollars in spare cash I wouldn't get one. It is for me a rip off.

Edited by buythisdashcam

Ye,s you said it, you don;t have millions and will never have. End of story.

Every time someone post about the Elite all the cheap charlies rush to tell how stupid are the people who can spend 500k for it, so ridiculous !

Hey, I just bought a new 10MB car, am I even more ridiculous ? Please tell me I love it <3

It is no hassle at all.

buythisdashcam, I happily join you in the "stupid" club :)

I have the full Thailand Elite membership, I must be very stupid I guess.

I love cars too :)

(And several other things as well)

But even if they are all stupid, the Thailand Elite members are quite fortunate to be able to enjoy 5 years PE visas, 1 year stamps, warm welcome at the airport by the golden girls, the feeling of being welcome back to thailand each time they fly in, no queues, no immigration visits, no interview, no paperwork, limo transfers, golf and spa privileges, assistance here and there, ... Not bad for just 100,000b a year. And maybe not that stupid, after all :)

Edited by gerry1011

This visa is not for you. Move on...

• Like 1

It is no hassle at all.

Thailand is a 3rd world country, but yet you spend 6 months of the year here....where do you spend the other 6 months ? Zimbabwe ?...that's 3rd world as well

"As the Thai's say"....Er no they dont....thats what BG's say, when you have asked how much...don't confused the "Up to you" thing as part of Thai mainstream culture, it aint...wink.png

So what advantages does a TE Visa have over a 'multiple entry' Type O Retirement Visa ? Thanks.

Another advantage of the TE visa is you don't have to apply for a reentry permit when you depart Thailand.

And other advantages of the 5 year PE (Privilege Entry) visa are the airport limousine and fast track services. No more taxi hassles and no more queuing at immigration/customs (entry and exit).

The 'meet and greet' personnel can stand in line for you at the airport check-in counter (but, obviously, you do have to 'front' the desk when it is your turn) while a porter takes care of your baggage. You get access to business lounges on departure (if you're on an economy flight) and the 'golf buggy' service on arrival. Also, on arrival, you do not have to stand around and wait for your baggage at the luggage carousel. Give the porter your 'bag tags' and they will retrieve your baggage for you, take it through customs and out to the car.

Not to mention the assistance they gave me with obtaining Thai car and motorcycle licences.

After stuffing around with other visas and entry waivers, my only regret with the Privilege Entry visa (and the Thailand Elite service) is that I did not get it sooner.

The question asked was "So what advantages does a TE Visa have over a 'multiple entry' Type O Retirement Visa ? Thanks."
  • A multiple entry non 'O' visa would not need a re-entry permit either. Someone on an extension of stay can buy a multiple re-entry permit.
  • ​Limosine and fast track services are services TE members have paid for, in advance, as part of the membership fee. Any visa holder can buy these services, as needed. Seems to me a that it's a disadvantage paying up front for something that you may never use or that is only available in certain areas.[/size]
I am not against the TE visa and considered it myself, but I am still to read of one "advantage" the TE visa offers over someone that qualifies for a 1/2 year multiple entry visa or 1 year extensions of stay.

---------------

The OP wants to know differences between the TE and another visa. If Fast Track entry and exit can be bought elsewhere that would make one difference less depending on the price.

I'm also considering getting the TE visa.

I agree you can buy a limo when you want one. No significant difference there for me.

I checked with TE visa people who confirmed the golf and spa stuff is only for 20 year TE visas. Neither interest me, but I wonder if a keen golfer might find that benefit attractive.

One issue that stands out is avoiding the queues when coming and going, ie Fast Track entry/exit.

I don't know where you can buy Fast Track entries/exits other than by buying a (very expensive) business class ticket. Wher Cana an economy class ticket holder buy a Fast Track entry/exit for Suarnabhumi airport? And what is the price?

It'd make quite a difference to my consideration of whether to buy the TE visa.

Why somebody over 50 would pay 500,000 Bahts for an Elite Visa? I can get an OA Visa M entries for around 6300 Bahts for one year and get a one year extension as I only spend 6 months a year in Thailand, that would be around 31,500 Bahts for 10 years. If someone has that much money to throw away in the garbage can, they can send it to me, I will make good use of it.

Some do not like lost time for get visa.

TE is near one hour( online trasfer+ on arrive wait when have stiker in passport)

How many time you spell for get Visa every year?wink.png

TE just easy way and I guess it no big cost for many guys.

And Time its not garbage.

And do not forget on OA Visa mist hold on 800k if cant show income.

Different 300k .in some place its can 10-12% per year. It 30k smile.png

But ofcouse have another option.

Thats why I say. Thailand it very easy entry and stay in country with many way , with developed imfrastructur and low cost simple life.

Ps

Sorry about my English

smile.png

For me time is not a problem, I am retired and have all the time in the world. As far as requirements, I have both, 800,000 Thai Bahts or my pension cheque is enough to cover the requirement. To me it would be a waste of money to get an Elite Visa and for 500,000 Bahts for 5 years, I think that's was over price but if you have money to throw away, go for it.

Has anyone with a TEV opened a business but not involved, just creaming off the profit share without a WP.?

To me it seems you must have a WP to pay any tax due on profit income in LOS...

It can be done as long as you are not involved in the operation of the business.

You do not have to have a work permit to pay taxes, All that is needed is a tax ID number. An example of income paid is people that pay taxes on interest earned from bank accounts..

• Like 2

It is no hassle at all.

We not talking about me.

Or you

i just say its erasy and cheapest place..

And some people have money so can spell TIME for something else as you(or me) spell time on tourist visa. wink.png

I do not know What is "very third world country" i know what mean "third world country" befor have NATO alliance country, Warsaw Pact countries (almast communist) and third world country...

Its mean Not any Army alliance..

what mean "very third world country" i Do not know..

And can you tell me another coutry when can get cheappest easy way?

Because i do not understand why you say "Ridiculous amount of money to stay in a third world country"?

If you say for you its big amount I understand( different people have defferent wallet its not big deal).

wai.gif

I already have driving licences from a foreign country. I contacted Thailand Elite and asked them what was required to obtain the equivalent Thai licences (car and motorcycle were okay, however, heavy articulated truck and articulated bus would be an issue so I didn't bother with the latter two). They sent me an e-mail listing all of the documentation that would be required and, from there, I arranged an appointment to meet the TE representative at the licencing office in Bangkok.

The TE representative handled all of the 'interview' process, i.e., they did all the talking and translating. All I had to do was perform the (extremely) basic practical tests (colour blindness, lining up the posts, reaction timing and peripheral vision). While I had to pay for the two 2 year licences (car and motorcycle), the assistance given by TE is included in my membership.

Yes, I know that ANYONE can do all of this themselves but not everyone can be bothered with working out the intricacies in obtaining a licence (and then posting on this site about how they got screwed around).

With regards to your point about arranging limousine and fast track services; yes, anyone can arrange them but, if you want to do it yourself, it is not a 'one step' process. A simple e-mail to TE, prior to departure or arrival and all of this is taken care of. Along with all of the other formalities.

And, on arrival, are you aware that there is 'fast track' (where everyone seems to queue up) and there is 'faster track' where no one is queued?

The Thailand Elite service and the Privilege Entry visa are not an attractive proposition for everyone. I'm under 50 and semi-retired. I will be over 50 when my 5 year PE visa expires but will have no hesitation in purchasing another TE membership and PE visa. As someone mentioned, the benefits and peace of mind only costs the equivalent of a few beers a day.

• Like 2

Has anyone with a TEV opened a business but not involved, just creaming off the profit share without a WP.?

To me it seems you must have a WP to pay any tax due on profit income in LOS...

5 yaer ago I have investment with travel visa.

open company and owner part of business NO need Work Permit..

Tax from profit Pay company.

Immigration, owner business and Work its 3 different thinks.

I hear even can apply for tax form if have income in thailand and have resedent stay( half year more)

But why need do it? If not thai sitizen any preference do not have.

So pay company its fine.

Or, to put your question another way; what services does a 'multiple entry' Type O Retirement Visa offer over the TE membership programme and the PE visa?

As ubonjoe said, the Privilege Entry visa is a multiple entry 5 year visa and gerry1011 mentioned that Thailand Elite is a membership programme which offers, as part of it's membership services, a 5 year PE visa.

A visa/extension of stay is just that. A visa to visit and/or stay in Thailand. The visa does not offer any further services. However, when purchasing TE membership, you are paying for the visa AND the services offered by the programme. If you don't want the additional services, by all means, go with another long term visa alternative.

Thanks much appreciated. Makes the TE visa less attractive.
You should better say that the "Thailand Elite program" is less attractive (to you and in your own financial circumstances), rather than to say "TE visa".

There is no doubt that the visa is the most attractive available. Long term with 1 year stamp, it is definitely best. Everybody would love to have such a visa.

The best is however coming at a cost, which is seen by some as good value, by others as horrendously expensive, and others as a negligible amount.

The visa is part of a package, which includes:

A 5 years PE visa

1 year stamps

Superb assistance at the airport

Limo transfers

Gold and spa privileges

Assistance

Lounges

Etc...

But, the most important is the peace of mind that this service provides.

It also provides the feeling that you are welcome in Thailand. It eliminates lots of hassles, be it for younger or older foreigners.

I spend time in Thailand as a Thailand Elite member since 13 years...

I can only be thankful to Thailand Elite. Truly thankful.

Without this program I would certainly not be here.

Others prefer to queue at immigration, book their limos with some types of agent, submit paperwork every year, keep anxious about requirement changes, keep ranting about how bad and difficult everything is,...

Other cheaper options are there, but why would financially comfortable foreigners go for these options if they can afford an Elite card?

Of course, the ones with very limited funds can only keep rating and criticizing the program.

I am positive about Thailand elite visa and had I know about that 7-8 years ago I would have definitely chosen that but then I learned about it and thought it was a scam. Could have saved me tons of back-to-back flights including expensive hotels.

Still, is it the most attractive? Not for everybody, because there is marriage or dependent or retirement or business visa and other possibilities to support your stay in Thailand.

So, yes, for people who just want to stay in Thailand for a long time period and are not eligible for such an easy visa, the Thailand elite visa might be the most attractive and an affordable option.

But since I am now able to stay long term here in Thailand because of having the appropriate visa, I would never think of just buying this elite visa. Why should I.

At the end I feel the guys having a Thailand elite visa overvalue themselves rolleyes.gif. Calling other people automatically cheap charlies and using arrogant drivel like "not for your lifestyle" just because they have another opinion or are 50 years younger, is the real cheap charlie thing.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Thanks much appreciated. Makes the TE visa less attractive.
You should better say that the "Thailand Elite program" is less attractive (to you and in your own financial circumstances), rather than to say "TE visa".

There is no doubt that the visa is the most attractive available. Long term with 1 year stamp, it is definitely best. Everybody would love to have such a visa.

The best is however coming at a cost, which is seen by some as good value, by others as horrendously expensive, and others as a negligible amount.

The visa is part of a package, which includes:

A 5 years PE visa

1 year stamps

Superb assistance at the airport

Limo transfers

Gold and spa privileges

Assistance

Lounges

Etc...

But, the most important is the peace of mind that this service provides.

It also provides the feeling that you are welcome in Thailand. It eliminates lots of hassles, be it for younger or older foreigners.

I spend time in Thailand as a Thailand Elite member since 13 years...

I can only be thankful to Thailand Elite. Truly thankful.

Without this program I would certainly not be here.

Others prefer to queue at immigration, book their limos with some types of agent, submit paperwork every year, keep anxious about requirement changes, keep ranting about how bad and difficult everything is,...

Other cheaper options are there, but why would financially comfortable foreigners go for these options if they can afford an Elite card?

Of course, the ones with very limited funds can only keep rating and criticizing the program.

I am positive about Thailand elite visa and had I know about that 7-8 years ago I would have definitely chosen that but then I learned about it and thought it was a scam. Could have saved me tons of back-to-back flights including expensive hotels.

Still, is it the most attractive? Not for everybody, because there is marriage or dependent or retirement or business visa and other possibilities to support your stay in Thailand.

So, yes, for people who just want to stay in Thailand for a long time period and are not eligible for such an easy visa, the Thailand elite visa might be the most attractive and an affordable option.

But since I am now able to stay long term here in Thailand because of having the appropriate visa, I would never think of just buying this elite visa. Why should I.

At the end I feel the guys having a Thailand elite visa overvalue themselves rolleyes.gif. Calling other people automatically cheap charlies and using arrogant drivel like "not for your lifestyle" just because they have another opinion or are 50 years younger, is the real cheap charlie thing.clap2.gif

Which "visa" enables you to stay long term and where is this "Visa" obtained ?

These TEV "debates" always deteriorate.

The TEV is an option, which, for some people meets their needs.

Can this be accepted ?

The arguments are pointless.

If you allow me, I would say that the "debates" about Thailand Elite on this forum, however pointless they can be, are still very important to bring awareness about the program to those who may never have heard about this great option.

Each baseless critic of the program gives an occasion to existing members to share their views.

And since all members are happy about their Thailand Elite membership, it is easy for interested future members to make up their mind based on real facts.

As a long long time member (I became member since the begining of the program) I am always happy to repeat how pleased I am with the services and the visa... Since 13 years :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Yeah well they should be more welcoming on all sorts of visas, not just the rip offs.

What should one understand: "Foreigners are bad for this country. But you pay money, we'll let you stay. We still don't like you though."

That sounds indeed very welcoming. But yeah, they just smile more I guess.

However, as the Big Man just admitted the other day I believe to the media (after getting irritated again as usual) : "We are starving, our economy is going bust",

contradicting the good image portrayed so far about LoS.

They should loosen up a bit, at the end of the day we spend money here, some don't want to pay 14,000 USD to get the privilege to spend more money.

Thanks for the info guys, and sorry it's been asked before - at least this thread might introduce some people to this not-so-talked-about visa as an option in these days of very strict Thai immigration (loss of the non-immigrant O 'visiting friends and family' visa!).

The non-immigrant o visas for visiting spouse or children (family) still exists. Not sure if it was ever issued for visiting friends?
Yes there was a time when you could obtain a non o visa for visiting friends.

If I wished to stay in Pattaya for 3 months I would always state I was visiting my good friend,tick and Pla and Gung and Gai and Poo and Tum and Toon.

Oh well. Guess you could still visit them on a multiple entry visa!

Steady on now.

Has anyone found out why foreigners have to visit immigration every 90 days?

How can I get a 90 day visa in the UK for Thailand.

I previously used the Consulate in Birmingham, run by a Brit who only wanted photo copies of the various certificates (Spouse support visa) etc.