Rental Dress Business in Bangkok

Hello, I’m hoping to hear your opinion!

I’m interested in a rental dress business like “Rent the Runway” in the US.

https://www.renttherunway.com

I found similar businesses in the UK, Europe, Japan, Singapore, and even in Malaysia and Indonesia.

But in here Bangkok, I only found one designer’s dress rental store which mostly targeting Thai.

So I think if there is a designer’s dress rental service for both Thai and foreigners would be nice.

Because foreigners also have occasions to dress-up such as dinner at hotel, attending events and party, going to sky bar and so on.

I would like to research the market that if there is a need for this kind of service or not. So please let me know your opinion.

Any opinions and comments are deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

If you regularly require a dinner suit or tux then it is cheaper to buy. I have heard some of the Tailors will also rent out dress suits (then probably put back on the shelf to sell to some unsuspecting sucker).

• 2 years later...

Stumbled onto something similar but with designer bags. They also had some designer dresses and high end cars for rental.

No idea how good the business is as I have never seen any customers in the store.

You can go research it yourself if you are in Bangkok. It's on the ground floor of the ItalThai tower.

• 4 weeks later...