Chromecast

Your Thainess

Hello, I'm a true novice with smart TVs and have just purchased an LG set with WebOS. I would like to stream Adobe Flash videos (mostly sport) from my PC and occasionally my Android phone and am considering buying a 2nd generation Google Chromecast dongle. Do these devices work well together in your experience or as far as you know? I would appreciate any advice before I buy an item that is significantly more expensive here than in the West. Are there perhaps any better alternatives? Thank you-

I have two Android boxes, both connected to LG TV's via HDMI leads. I can watch all the video (including sport) I want to watch and it's all available via downloadable android apps.

I also have an Android tablet with an HDMI socket which again is fine when connected to a TV, except when I used to watch EPL football via the AIS app a couple of years ago. Worked fine on the Tablet but when I tried plugging the HDMI lead in the picture was blanked out. Something to do with copyright laws because AIS only had a licence to show the matches on an android device. The app detected the HDMI lead.

I went to another sport provider which did work so haven't tried the AIS app on an Android box.

Maybe someone else can say whether Android app sites that have copyright restrictions built in will work on an Android box, maybe via the box's AV lead instead of the HDMI lead.

Thank you both for your comments.

sumrit, I'll definitely consider the Android box option. I clearly didn't do my homework when I assumed that WebOS would support as many apps in the Thailand market as it does in Western markets.

fasteddie, could you please elaborate? Do you mean connecting the PC to the TV directly through HDMI adapters?

Thank you both for your comments.

sumrit, I'll definitely consider the Android box option. I clearly didn't do my homework when I assumed that WebOS would support as many apps in the Thailand market as it does in Western markets.

fasteddie, could you please elaborate? Do you mean connecting the PC to the TV directly through HDMI adapters?

Yes, I connect laptop and tablet direct to TV using cables, no problemo.