Where in Bangkok to buy Yellow Fluorescent light bulbs?

Sheryl

The long type, and I mean actually yellow, not "warm white" or anything like that.

Home Pro, Global, Mega, Lotus, Big C etc do not stock these. Regular fluorescent bulbs yes, but yellow, no.

I used to get them at a local electrical/lighting shop here in Prachinburi but apparently I was about the only customer so they no longer stock them, which means I will have to drive to Bkk. It is 5-6 hours r/t so I'd like to be certain of where has them. Would most likely be a shop selling wiring and fixtures for lighting (not a lamp store), and probably have to be a pretty large one.

Thanks!

I never found them and just bought long plastic tubes you slide the white lights in to change the color . They come in many colors but I bought long yellow ones and they fit perfect . For shorter length I just cut the plastic tubes that you get at large lighting shops shops . They are only about 15 baht each .

[emoji106] I keep many colors and it really turns those ugly what's tubes into a kind of nice effect . Happy you found them ... At times I put 2 on same light to get even darker effect , you can experiment and really make some almost art like effect .

Thanks Sheryl.

If you want white that doesn't attract the beasties have a look at one of the LED tube replacements, the light has a spectrum that looks white to us but attracts fewer bugs.

They use less power too :) But are significantly more expensive :( Although they do last a lot longer than standard tubes :)

Archived