PM blames Thais for lack of collective responsibility

webfact

So when the Elections do finally occur, will the new PM be under scrutiny of the military and if a policy is not in line with the military, will it revert back to another takeover by the Military

Perhaps defining the role of the military should be on the agenda...

No, then it will go back to the same old Bangkok take-over and random bombings as usual........................ clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Submarines anyone.....?

Actually, he has got a wee bit of a point. People need to take responsibility for themselves instead of bleating about all their woes to the man and expecting it to be sorted out for them.

How can taking personal responsibility coincide with the Thai "saving face" !$(*%$#@ mentality?

Taking responsibility suggests admitting when "wrong" etc. LOL Can ya see that happening in land of GENUINE smiles? lol lol

He suggested the people to be more selective the next time they go to the polls to elect their representatives into the parliament and, eventually, into the government.

He is always surprising and funny, isn't he?

People went to the polls. Fact. And they vote for a government. Fact.

But our PM dislike their choice...!?

Please tell me what will happen when as a result of next election the same party will govern the country as it was before???? He will come again and say: it's not my choice???

The buck stops with you big man, you’re the big cheese the self illegally appointed PM.

Walk the walk, talk the talk.

The big man's petulant display a few days ago showed the world just how unsuited he is for the the responsible position he occupies, supposedly at the behest of the Thai people. I read that he has apologised by proxy for his childish behaviour, but I note there has been no 'denial' of his rather worrying outburst about the demise of the Thai economy.

I've watched a few of his Friday evening TV shows recently and a common theme is the message he conveys concerning the need for others, not himself to act sensibly and accept responsibility. This latest announcement leads me to wonder whether there is some dire news afoot about the Thai economy, for which the Thai population will be held accountable, with the PM attempting to 'wash his hands' of responsibility now, rather than later, when he'll be saying "don't bame me/I told you so before, so you're responsible, not me".

The buck stops with you big man, you’re the big cheese the self illegally appointed PM.

The big man's petulant display a few days ago showed the world just how unsuited he is for the the responsible position he occupies, supposedly at the behest of the Thai people. I read that he has apologised by proxy for his childish behaviour, but I note there has been no 'denial' of his rather worrying outburst about the demise of the Thai economy.

I've watched a few of his Friday evening TV shows recently and a common theme is the message he conveys concerning the need for others, not himself to act sensibly and accept responsibility. This latest announcement leads me to wonder whether there is some dire news afoot about the Thai economy, for which the Thai population will be held accountable, with the PM attempting to 'wash his hands' of responsibility now, rather than later, when he'll be saying "don't bame me/I told you so before, so you're responsible, not me".

How long will it be until the puppets strings are cut by the puppet master?

The invisible elite must be starting to be concerned by the public outbursts by their "boy".

A changing of the guard may be forth coming.

How long will it be until the puppets strings are cut by the puppet master?

The invisible elite must be starting to be concerned by the public outbursts by their "boy".

A changing of the guard may be forth coming.

Suthep?

Holy God. imagine that!sad.png

The collective efforts of the elite he serves have done far more damage to the country than your average Somchai Thai.

He asks for unity but bans gatherings (unless of course they serve a certain agenda).

2016 is going to be a rough ride for him I think. Military 'governments' in Thailand often end in bloody political protests or counter coups.

The collective efforts of the elite he serves have done far more damage to the country than your average Somchai Thai.

He asks for unity but bans gatherings (unless of course they serve a certain agenda).

2016 is going to be a rough ride for him I think. Military 'governments' in Thailand often end in bloody political protests or counter coups.

true about the endings. Besides your choices, there is only "do everything possible to keep power" or "rig the system and keep control with fake-democracy".

They were successful with the latter tactic for most of the 80s, although Prem still had counter-coup attempts... But the people were kept "under control". This seems to be the goal of the current junta albeit with some additional complications.

true about the endings. Besides your choices, there is only "do everything possible to keep power" or "rig the system and keep control with fake-democracy".

They were successful with the latter tactic for most of the 80s, although Prem still had counter-coup attempts... But the people were kept "under control". This seems to be the goal of the current junta albeit with some additional complications.

Well they have had the blessing from big Prem for being the 'good' people. That will carry a hell of a lot of weight.

How is Thailand different to most countries? The establishment throws up a couple of parties that all work for them, then toss in a few social policies for the illusion of differentiating democracy.

Either party is effectively the same outcome. Heads they win, tails the people lose as the gravy train rolls on. Those that still believe democracy actually offers real choices are in delusion. Elections are about entertainment.

How is Thailand different to most countries? The establishment throws up a couple of parties that all work for them, then toss in a few social policies for the illusion of differentiating democracy.

Either party is effectively the same outcome. Heads they win, tails the people lose as the gravy train rolls on. Those that still believe democracy actually offers real choices are in delusion. Elections are about entertainment.

I agree with you but if the military staged a coup in my country I know that I and the vast majority of people would be up in arms. I am no fan of the corporate conservatives in the UK and don't have much love for labour and agree that western democracy is highly compromised but military coups? That sets things back 500 or so years (I think Cromwell was the last one to launch a coup in the UK).

There are gradations of things. Measles versus bubonic plague.

Since the population is suppressed and not encouraged to think for themselves how on earth first do they recognise the issues and secondly know what to do to rescue them. Nobody I've ever met in Thailand has any awareness of sustainability and caring for the future. And as for asking the teachers,who are tasked in ensuring the very issues your bringing up, to just work hard and we can't cover your debts!! There educated and should know better than run up the big debts that they have. Let's face it the Thai education system doesn't ask questions of the students never mind the teachers. The no fail attitude sees to that. And yes I do know the teachers pay isn't good....But most aren't worth anymore !!

Can you list teachers' salaries?

No not really and I don't think anyone can as he seems to differ throughout the country and on experience and degree..I do know it can be as low as 8000 baht starting and go up from there..Is there a scale of pay because I'm pretty sure there isn't. You can correct me if I'm wrong.. All sorts of figures seem to bandied about and certainly teaching English brings its rewards but as for other subjects...What they can get away with seems the norm !

No way a teacher's salary can still be "as low as 8000 Baht starting" in 2015 or 2016 when the minimum daily wage is already 300 Baht a day = 9000 Baht a month for an unskilled labourer who sweeps the streets or a garbage collector for example. Even in late 2013/early 2014, larger Thai corporations were paying their cleaning staff/maids 350 Baht a day and yes, that was what Cambodian maids were being paid, with the Thais being paid 380 Baht a day.

No teacher would work for anywhere near as low as that. Try 12,000-15,000 Baht minimum in the provinces and perhaps 15,000-18,000 in Bangkok.