Private sector asked to help crack down on illegal nominees in Phuket

rooster59

Private sector asked to help crack down on illegal nominees in Phuket

The Phuket News

post-247607-0-69765600-1454738457_thumb.

Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul speaks at Thursday's (Feb 4) meeting on the issue of businesses with illegal nominees. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The Ministry of Tourism is asking for those from the private sector to join the tourism registrar committee to help them crack down on illegal nominees on the island.

Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul arrived in Phuket on Thursday (Feb 4) and met with the island’s tourism registrar committee to follow up on the registrar process on tourism businesses.

During the meeting, Ms Wattanavrangkul suggested the committee add the private sector to help crack down on the use of illegal foreign nominees as shareholders in a company. She also wanted to hear complaints, obstacles or ideas on assisting help prevent the issue.

Vice Governor Prajiad Aksornthammakul and the tourism registrar committee, in charge of monitoring the register process for tourism businesses, were in attendance at the meeting held at at Point Yamu By Como in Pa Khlok along with officials from the Andaman Tourism Association, Phuket Tourism Business Association, Thai Hotels Association and Phuket Commerce.

The Phuket Department of Business Development (DBD) reported during the meeting that survey carried out this year revealed that less than 50 percent of tourism businesses have foreign shareholders.

These they divided into five categories: real estate, vehicle rental, spa business, retail (handcrafts and souvenir) and tour businesses which also includes restaurants.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/private-sector-asked-to-help-crack-down-on-illegal-nominees-in-phuket-56088.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-06

More Anti-Foreigner Stuff?

This would also take in many expat businesses. Many of these people are just trying to live within the Law.

Thai's perceived problems with foreigners are because of shortcomings in their own people, one way or another.

Looks like it may be time to rethink any ideas about living in Thailand.

This lot are just plain greedy.

This would also take in many expat businesses. Many of these people are just trying to live within the Law.

Thai's perceived problems with foreigners are because of shortcomings in their own people, one way or another.

i have had my business in thailand for 8 years. thai mum from my 2 kids is 51% owner. i employ as many thais as i can. 2 have worked for me for over 5 years. all the money i make from tourists is spent back into thailand. really dont see how i am hurting thailand.

i have had my business in thailand for 8 years. thai mum from my 2 kids is 51% owner. i employ as many thais as i can. 2 have worked for me for over 5 years. all the money i make from tourists is spent back into thailand. really dont see how i am hurting thailand.

Forget it William!

Forget trying to understand their ways of "thinking" and trying to explain your feelings when you realize that even doing it by the books will never be enough to them...

I feel with you and I am as disappointed and mindboggled as you are over this, every day anew for more than two decades now... It hurts and it is "RICHTIG SCHEISSE" as my dad would say...

Let's face it: They hate us and they don't want us! If the Thais would get it their way, any potential foreign investor in Thailand would simply wire the money over to LOS without ever appearing here, or (in their worst case scenario) throw it onto the runway at Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi airport while the airplane taxis back to the runway for departure. Then the stewardess would hand you a cheap badge or a fridge magnet saying "I invested in Thailand!" This is how they would love it the most.

It is just beyond believe that this racist Ponzi scheme has survived for so many decades without serious sanctions being implemented by western countries... At least, Thais should be treated the same way if they want to invest and/or buy anything in a western country. Giving them a taste of their own medicine might help to adjust their mindset. Let's call it westernized attitude adjiustment, short WAA...

Perhaps Phuket's minister of tourism and sports should have a closer look at where the national park fees end up, or who is wasting life savings on illegal sport bets, because my bet would be that not too many foreigners are involved there... Why expose your own folks if you can point a finger at "Farangs", right????

Edited by MockingJay

Forget it William!

Forget trying to understand their ways of "thinking" and trying to explain your feelings when you realize that even doing it by the books will never be enough to them...

I feel with you and I am as disappointed and mindboggled as you are over this, every day anew for more than two decades now... It hurts and it is "RICHTIG SCHEISSE" as my dad would say...

Let's face it: They hate us and they don't want us! If the Thais would get it their way, any potential foreign investor in Thailand would simply wire the money over to LOS without ever appearing here, or (in their worst case scenario) throw it onto the runway at Don Muang or Suvarnabhumi airport while the airplane taxis back to the runway for departure. Then the stewardess would hand you a cheap badge or a fridge magnet saying "I invested in Thailand!" This is how they would love it the most.

It is just beyond believe that this racist Ponzi scheme has survived for so many decades without serious sanctions being implemented by western countries... At least, Thais should be treated the same way if they want to invest and/or buy anything in a western country. Giving them a taste of their own medicine might help to adjust their mindset. Let's call it westernized attitude adjiustment, short WAA...

Perhaps Phuket's minister of tourism and sports should have a closer look at where the national park fees end up, or who is wasting life savings on illegal sport bets, because my bet would be that not too many foreigners are involved there... Why expose your own folks if you can point a finger at "Farangs", right????

You're looking the wrong way. It is not farang and west but Asians and east.

Dear Thai Government,

In reference to your Crack Down on Foreign Businesses, and urging the Private Sector to Assist.

So who will pay TAT fees if you get rid of the Foreigner Tourist Businesses?

Who will employ Thai people in these Jobs?

Who will pay the Taxes these Businesses pay.

Who will pay the Visa and WP fees?

Who will pay the Accountants and Lawyers?

Who will buy Cars and Motorcycles produced in Thailand?

Who will be left to spend money living, and support Thai families?

Will Tourist not come anymore because things have changed?

Who will be left to blame.

Not us Foreignerssmile.png

If they truly believe that there are problems with the foreign shareholding structure or other issues, there's a simple answer, crack down on the Thai law firms that set it all up. Crack down on the district officials that give out fake land documents. Crack down on the tax collectors who are bribed to show lower tax rates due by pretty much every single Thai business out there. Simple.

Except they won't, because no Thai would ever do anything wrong because they are perfect.

It's far far easier to keep their heads up their own collective arse's and blame everything on the foreigners.

And the sad part is, the average Thai believes all the negativity they hear about foreigners. Brainwashing and xenophobia en masse.

Doesn't sound like a nominee structure there. Nominees are when foreigners set up a company that normally cannot be run by foreigners here. To avoid the restriction fake/nominees Thai shareholders are used. Those people don't have any connection to the business and no control at all.

Doesn't sound like a nominee structure there. Nominees are when foreigners set up a company that normally cannot be run by foreigners here. To avoid the restriction fake/nominees Thai shareholders are used. Those people don't have any connection to the business and no control at all.

In practice it is if you are in control, regardless if you are married or have a girlfriend. Legally it is not, but that will not stop every Thai in positions of Authority treating you in the worst way.

If you were to visit Immigration with this Legal Structure and scenario you would be probed by the Transnational Crime Center. I did, and spent a memorable hour with the Captain who was quite adept in his questioning.

By the way I was just lodging a Form to comply with the registration of a foreign friend in my 2 bed residence.

What has company set up and nominees got to do with tourism and sport?

My guess is this has been kicked off due to complaints about Chinese and Russian tour guides operating in Phuket.

Yes, except it is not about the guides this time but about the companies, taking the tourist from one tourist place to the next, all controlled by their own people without any Thai being involved.

Really ? Then you haven't been around lately. Estate Agents (mostly from Europe) must be on top of the list for greed.

Really ? Then you haven't been around lately. Estate Agents (mostly from Europe) must be on top of the list for greed.

How would you know if "I have been around lately"? 8 years to be precise, and a licensee in Real Estate from my own Country.

Had dealings with many real estate people locally. No problems....What greedy thing set you off? Or are you an apologist?

At least, Thais should be treated the same way if they want to invest and/or buy anything in a western country. Giving them a taste of their own medicine might help to adjust their mindset. Let's call it westernized attitude adjiustment, short WAA...

With this comment I could not agree more. The word Justice comes to mind. But whereas the UK is very good handing out justice through its courts the politicians are a scandalous bunch. I wrote to my M.P. (Conservative) suggesting this very thing in the interests of justice, but absolutely zero was done. I really do not understand why the educated classes in the U.K. seem bent on destroying their country. A dose of independent-minded thinking is long overdue.

How would you know if "I have been around lately"? 8 years to be precise, and a licensee in Real Estate from my own Country.

Had dealings with many real estate people locally. No problems....What greedy thing set you off? Or are you an apologist?

Greed is the right expression especially when rates of 10% to rent out or 5% commission for the sale of property, which is far and above the European rate. There is not justification for pure greed which seems to coincide with parasitical estate agents desire for acquiring wealth at the expense of others.

Greed is the right expression especially when rates of 10% to rent out or 5% commission for the sale of property, which is far and above the European rate. There is not justification for pure greed which seems to coincide with parasitical estate agents desire for acquiring wealth at the expense of others.

I agree on the commissions being relatively high, but It is not all beer and skittles chauffeuring around people here who have no real idea what they want, or what is possible. Thailand is not an easy place to do business, or make money if you are a Foreigner.

I would pay 10% commission, at market value to sell something problem free right now.

Forget it William!

You're looking the wrong way. It is not farang and west but Asians and east.

Spot on.Farang small business owners are so self centred to think Thailand revolves around them.They are a pimple on an elephants arse in the scheme of things.

Unfortunately it appears that way. The only way it could effect Thai tourism is to make it better! Thai's don't like being told that there is a "better" way! "It's working so far, so what's the problem?" is the attitude, by the bye it's not illegal for a Thai company to have foreign directors! facepalm.gifthumbsup.gifbiggrin.pngwai.gif

What has company set up and nominees got to do with tourism and sport?

My guess is this has been kicked off due to complaints about Chinese and Russian tour guides operating in Phuket.

Yes, except it is not about the guides this time but about the companies, taking the tourist from one tourist place to the next, all controlled by their own people without any Thai being involved.

I get all that, but what has it got tondo with the ministry of tourism and sports? This is what the police or fraud squad should be doing, even inland revenue or customs and excise, but her job isn't this. Do we have someone here trying to make a name for herself and grab some limelight in preparation for elections - if there to ever be any?

Sign over your 49% of the business to your Thai wife, giving her 100% ownership, and you will be fine. :)

This is what the Thai's want, for a foreigner to put in 100% of the capital, and have 0% control over the business. cheesy.gif