Home blood pressure monitor upper arm

Valentine

I suspect all would be in sealed packages - but there can be a difference in cuff (more so than in unit in my experience) so maybe worthwhile having a go at using yourself - even if you have to visit some hospitals that are using the model sold.

Purchased an Omron Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor Model HEM-7203 at Supercheap. Sorry, I do not remember the price, but I remember thinking it was reasonable. I would recommend this unit. I have large arms (biceps) but the cuff fits. Anyone with even larger arms would have a problem fastening the cuff, I believe.

Same...Omron HEM-7117 bought at Big C....2600 baht I think...just about a month ago...works like a charm. My BP is sometimes high in doc's office and dentist when they take it and I was getting worried...but found out it is white coat syndrome....at home it is normal....Omron is same brand recommended by my Doctor back in the states.....had a manual model back then but this is auto everything. came with Ac adapter and also runs on batteries.

Same...Omron HEM-7117 bought at Big C....2600 baht I think...just about a month ago...works like a charm. My BP is sometimes high in doc's office and dentist when they take it and I was getting worried...but found out it is white coat syndrome....at home it is normal....Omron is same brand recommended by my Doctor back in the states.....had a manual model back then but this is auto everything. came with Ac adapter and also runs on batteries.

Same here - when I go to the doc's office and hosptital optician my blood pressure measurement is always sky high. At home it's my expected range ...

'white coat syndrome' .... good one

Same here - when I go to the doc's office and hosptital optician my blood pressure measurement is always sky high. At home it's my expected range ...

'white coat syndrome' .... good one

I reckon it is to do with the drive getting there.

No it is actually the white coat and it is well known and documented. Doctor visit is often due to feeling bad so we get used to the white coat as a harbinger of bad news and our blood pressure goes up as a result. Of course we might prefer to tell ourselves it is just a natural reaction to the hot nurse. whistling.gif

I have an Omron Hem 7130

When I put the cuff at 1 cm above the fold in the arm I have always a systolic number which is 10 points lower than when I put the cuff at 3 cm above the arm fold.

So I always do up to 3 times a check within 5 minutes in the same conditions and I make the average.

In the end Omrom gives me a a reasonable indication and if the readings are regularly outside the acceptable limits at different times of the day I go of course to a doctor.

Good that TVF members draw attention to the fact that constant high blood pressure is a "serial killer"

No it is actually the white coat and it is well known and documented. Doctor visit is often due to feeling bad so we get used to the white coat as a harbinger of bad news and our blood pressure goes up as a result. Of course we might prefer to tell ourselves it is just a natural reaction to the hot nurse. whistling.gif

I am pretty sure it is the drive for me as normally when I go I am feeling quite OK but do have to go every month for a routine blood test.

Yesterday I bought one at Big C which had a L size cuff, a/c adapter & thermometer included. I quickly browsed through the instructions which stated place the cuff 2cm above the fold in your arm.