S Korea denounces N Korea rocket launch as 'unacceptable provocation'

webfact

S Korea denounces N Korea rocket launch as 'unacceptable provocation'

606x341_323496.jpg

"North Korea ignored a warning from the international community and has committed an unacceptable provocation"

SEOUL: -- North Korea has launched a long-range rocket, in defiance of international warnings.

Pyongyang’s neighbours, along with Washington, have denounced Sunday’s launch as a missile test. It came just weeks after North Korea said it had tested a nuclear bomb.

South Korean President, Park Geun-hye, said: “North Korea ignored a warning from the international community and has committed an unacceptable provocation by launching a long-range missile after conducting the fourth nuclear test.”

The UN press office confirmed that an emergency meeting of the Security Council would be held later on Sunday, at the request of South Korea, Japan and the US.

North Korea is barred by the UN Security Council from using ballistic missile technology.

“To launch a missile after conducting a nuclear test goes clearly against the U.N. resolution. We will respond resolutely, coordinating closely with the international community,” said Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-08

As much as I fear and do not like what North Korea does I still got to give them credit. They know most of rules are in place to advantage the US. . North Korea keeps letting them know that no one dictates to the rules to them. I do not care for either side but like North Korea's show that they willnot be policed by self appointed powers. The scary part is I feel North Korea would attack the US with missiles.

What happened to Japan and South Korea stating they would shoot down the missile. More talk with no action.

Well, for starters, S. Korea has requested (and is getting) US deployment of a mobile BMD (Ballistic Missile Defense) unit. I'm not sure, but I think Japan already has or is in the process of deploying shipboard BMD of their own. I would call that "action". And I think KJU is well aware of those developments. Interesting times ahead for this psycho. (Unrelated, but seeing news today that he's executed his Chief of Military.)

As much as I fear and do not like what North Korea does I still got to give them credit. They know most of rules are in place to advantage the US. . North Korea keeps letting them know that no one dictates to the rules to them. I do not care for either side but like North Korea's show that they willnot be policed by self appointed powers. The scary part is I feel North Korea would attack the US with missiles.

Horsefeathers. Just the usual America-hating rubbish. The sanctions & prohibitions placed on N. Korea are not US sanctions & prohibitions. They are UN sanctions & prohibitions. And they are what they are because of N. Korea's own provocations and refusal to abide by its own agreements. Do you have any idea how silly the incessant whining about US this & US that sounds, esp. when accompanied by misinformation and misrepresentation such as yours? The lameness is something you could fill a shovel with!

It's amazing the atrocities some people can find to sympathize with, and think they're coming off as innocents and deep thinkers.

Edited by hawker9000

Horsefeathers. Just the usual America-hating rubbish. The sanctions & prohibitions placed on N. Korea are not US sanctions & prohibitions. They are UN sanctions & prohibitions. And they are what they are because of N. Korea's own provocations and refusal to abide by its own agreements. Do you have any idea how silly the incessant whining about US this & US that sounds, esp. when accompanied by misinformation and misrepresentation such as yours? The lameness is something you could fill a shovel with!

It's amazing the atrocities some people can find to sympathize with, and think they're coming off as innocents and deep thinkers.

North Korea is of little threat to the US. They are a major threat to some rather important allies, especially South Korea and Japan. It is the treaty alliances and obligations that makes the US appear to be a big player in this drama.