AIS upgrade Chiang Mai...report...

bangmai

I just returned front the Maya Branch. Suprisingly, I was able to get a new phone for a 100 THB, and got that much air-time. If you want English service, you will get an "H" queue number...and I thought I was at RAM Hospital for a moment, with a number that was nowhere to be found on the screen, but the one English speaking rep, was helping a Thai customer...10 minute wait..not bad...I just thought I might have to wait an hour or two for someone to get back from lunch and start calling "H" numbers. I also reminded them for the third time that they were to communicate with me in English...he checked, and it was set to English...then he tried switching it back and forth and he got an error message...don't think that situation is resolved. I also used my Yellow Book Number for Thai National ID Number, and we'll see if I can get anywhere with online account management.

No definite date, when the old phone would have stopped working. I asked them if there were a million customers in the same boat, and he nodded. Turn in your old phone, he or you can move contacts to SIM card, no new SIM card was needed....You don't need to turn in your old charger....

I've had a strange situation with my Truemove SIM card, shut down for no apparent reason with about 100 baht credit on it. Took it to Pantip, they said it was stuffed and I needed a new SIM card. Inconvenient because the new card has a different number, and I have to phone all my friends to let them know it has changed. Anyone else had this happen?

I've had a strange situation with my Truemove SIM card, shut down for no apparent reason with about 100 baht credit on it. Took it to Pantip, they said it was stuffed and I needed a new SIM card. Inconvenient because the new card has a different number, and I have to phone all my friends to let them know it has changed. Anyone else had this happen?

If you went to a True shop they would have changed the SIM to a new one with the same number and your credit on it, if it was faulty.

If you went to a True shop they would have changed the SIM to a new one with the same number and your credit on it, if it was faulty.

The queues are always bad here in Pattaya.......

It is possible the SIM was cancelled due to not being registered, then a new number may be obligated. Very inconvenient.