Anywhere To Take Dogs For A Walk?

there's a dogpark in BKK behind Seacon Sq... never used it though since we use the roof park of our condo

Thanks JD. I will check this out in a week or so as I don't live far. We have seen dogs in the Rama 9 park (behind Seri Center), but the wife called and they are not allowed. Really, not a whole lot of places.

One other place to walk a dog that I know of is Pet Paradise Park (near Phuta Monton - across the Rama 8 bridge). It is quite a distance from where I live, but it does have a pretty good sized swimming pool for dogs and a large area to take dogs for walks.

Does anyone know anywhere in Bangkok where dogs can be taken for a walk. It seems that all the parks (Lumpini etc) don't allow dogs, even on a leash?

I know a bout the new park at Ozono but it is too expensive.

Quite a few people take their dogs to the Ministry of Public Health on Ratthanathibet Road in Nonthaburi. It has large areas of lawn. This is probably too far though.

there's a dogpark in BKK behind Seacon Sq... never used it though since we use the roof park of our condo

Thanks JD. I will check this out in a week or so as I don't live far. We have seen dogs in the Rama 9 park (behind Seri Center), but the wife called and they are not allowed. Really, not a whole lot of places.

One other place to walk a dog that I know of is Pet Paradise Park (near Phuta Monton - across the Rama 8 bridge). It is quite a distance from where I live, but it does have a pretty good sized swimming pool for dogs and a large area to take dogs for walks.

No prob ... we have taken Bruiser to Rama9 a few times .... never a prob but technically no allowed

Does anyone know anywhere in Bangkok where dogs can be taken for a walk. It seems that all the parks (Lumpini etc) don't allow dogs, even on a leash?

Quite a few people take their dogs to the Ministry of Public Health on Ratthanathibet Road in Nonthaburi. It has large areas of lawn. This is probably too far though.

We used to go to this park with our dogs and it was great until a few weeks ago (post Coup) the army were stationed outside and told us NO DOGS ALLOWED in...have not been back since.

Try the University at the top end of Sukhumvit soi 23, lots of dog walkers there but you do have to compete with several soi dogs who reside there as well as sportsmen on the field on the weekends.

Early mornings are pretty quiet.

No prob ... we have taken Bruiser to Rama9 a few times .... never a prob but technically no allowed

We have been able to "sneak" our poodle into Rama 9, but not the golden. She doesn't hide as well.

We looked for it today (behind Seacon, not your roof park) and couldn't find it, so it is no longer there. The par 3 is still there, as well as the driving range and a multitude of little restaurants etc. Too bad, it would have been very convenient for us.

oooops ... sorry should have been more specific .... turn at the entry between the SriNakarin princess hotel and Seacon (The hotel is also the Dusit Group uni)

OK, just so I am sure, is this on the hotel side (left) or right side and approx. how far from Srinakarin is it once we turn in?

Thanks,

not sure but it is relatively new and has signage just as you would turn into the back of Seacon. I'll ask my partner to go look tmw if he is free

Thanks, but we should be able to find it. Right now, other than our yard, we take our golden to Pet Paradise Park in Phutamonthon (across Rama 8 bridge), which is a long way for us. It does have a sizeable swimming pool and walking area and is where we had our dog trained before she forget everything.

Hello,

well I just moved with my dog too.... and I have the same issue. Not easy to find green areas where to walk the dog:

Does anyone know any place around Asoke?

Does anyone know any taxi which accept dogs?

Does anyone has also a boxer in Bangkok?

Thank you

Steve

Hello,

well I just moved with my dog too.... and I have the same issue. Not easy to find green areas where to walk the dog:

Thank you

Steve

There was a thread on this in April as well as it is a problem in Bangkok, especially for larger dogs. One place that came up in April was doggie doo (www.doggiedoo.net). I did go to doggie doo to check it out and it does have a pool for the dog to swim and a yard, but really not all that large. I know there is a new place in town, somewhere between Asoke and Thong Lo that has been started by someone out of the US. However, I can't remember its name and can't find it on the internet, so you might want to ask around some of the pet shops. I do remember they were selling annual memberships to use their facilities.

If you find another place, please let us know.

Hello,

Thank you

Steve

There was a thread on this in April as well as it is a problem in Bangkok, especially for larger dogs. One place that came up in April was doggie doo (www.doggiedoo.net). I did go to doggie doo to check it out and it does have a pool for the dog to swim and a yard, but really not all that large. I know there is a new place in town, somewhere between Asoke and Thong Lo that has been started by someone out of the US. However, I can't remember its name and can't find it on the internet, so you might want to ask around some of the pet shops. I do remember they were selling annual memberships to use their facilities.

If you find another place, please let us know.

Thank you. My dog is a boxer.... loves running!!!!

I will have to investigate to find that place you mention between Asoke and Thong Lo. If I find, I will post it.

Otherwise, a petshop nearby told me that we could walk dogs near Queen Sirikit Center, a place called Suam Rothai (not sure about the spelling). Does anyone know about this place?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
not sure but it is relatively new and has signage just as you would turn into the back of Seacon. I'll ask my partner to go look tmw if he is free

I just wanted to thank you. We went by the dog park by Seacon this past weekend. While there was a garden show in the area where you normally can walk dogs (better for small dogs than big ones), we did find a great pet shop (great = low prices, good variety). Also, there are several places to groom pets with easy parking available.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...
<br />the dog park between thonglor and asoke referred to is ozono. It opened recently and has a dog park plus pet shop and grooming shop. The park looks very nice but it is quite expensive. It is on prompong (soi 39)<br />Here is the website<br /><a href="http://www.ozono.us/" target="_blank">http://www.ozono.us/</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hi New to this forum.

My husband has just been offered a great job in Bangkok and we will move out for 2/3 years. We have a 3 year old crossbreed that we are very attached to. He loves to run as he is half saluki. Am I to understand that from reading all these different threads about pet dog:-

1) is it very difficult to excercise your dog in public areas or just walking round in the street - on a lead of course?

2) Could anything harm him. I could not live with myself if we dragged him all the way here and he became very ill.

3) Are they not allowed on public transport or taxis. (We will get a travel allowance so maybe we could lease a car).

4) He is on the PETS scheme so has been inocculated for rabies.

Your answers to my questions are very important as Ollie is precious to us.

Thank you.

Hi New to this forum.

My husband has just been offered a great job in Bangkok and we will move out for 2/3 years. We have a 3 year old crossbreed that we are very attached to. He loves to run as he is half saluki. Am I to understand that from reading all these different threads about pet dog:-

1) is it very difficult to excercise your dog in public areas or just walking round in the street - on a lead of course?

2) Could anything harm him. I could not live with myself if we dragged him all the way here and he became very ill.

3) Are they not allowed on public transport or taxis. (We will get a travel allowance so maybe we could lease a car).

4) He is on the PETS scheme so has been inocculated for rabies.

Your answers to my questions are very important as Ollie is precious to us.

Thank you.

I can't answer your BKK related questions, as I'm in Hua Hin, but I'll try with a couple of the others. Yes, there are illnesses that can harm dogs here. Firstly, your dog must be vaccinated yearly (by law) for rabies, but I'd recommend making sure his combined boosters are up to date too. Thais very often don't bother with this vaccine & between owned unvaccinated dogs & soi dogs, there are many cases of parvo virus, distemper, kennel cough & other doggy diseases.

You don't say where you're coming from, but if you're not familiar with heartworm, you will need to start protecting your dog from this when you get here too (heartworm filae are spread by mosquitoes & the worms grow in the heart & blood vessels & can ultimately kill). This can be prevented by monthly oral medication or by injections of Ivermectin. Also, ticks & fleas are a big problem here & can cause other problems such as blood parasites. These can be prevented by Ivermectin, drop-on medication, flea/tick shampoos or sprays, depending on how bad the infestation. Fleas & ticks can also cause skin allergies.

Public transport - I'm not sure in BKK, but here in HH, we have no problem with that (I don't think they'd be allowed on buses, though). Good luck.