The tunnel

sometime

You are making a joke right asking if it's finished yet?

Merely inviting our many bigoted members to join in laughing at the stereotype of Thai laziness, incompetence, lackadaisical sense of time, and stupidity. Makes them feel so superior. It's always so much fun.

That is, just another Thai bash. Haven't done The Tunnel in a while, so here it is again, as if it's something new. Yeah, let's use that.

All together now: time to chant our "gonna flood!" chant. 'Cause we know that already 'cause we know.

I hope the mods find this just silly enough to close.

Yes,

Its now waiting for the correct water level inside

to be achieved,

Ready for the pattaya, Under water Tunnel, Jet ski competition, April 2016 giggle.gif

Or waiting for the giant thick plexiglass window installations along the side to help it function better as an aquarium.

I heard that they have decided to finish other projects "properly" they started previously that are still "ongoing", Jomtien 2nd road, Pattaya Beach and the "Beautification" of Jomtien beach, the high speed rail link from BKK and the monorail to the Big Buddha.......... 555.

There might also be a problem finding where to dump all the earth they are moving out....I think the Pattaya land fill site also known as every back soi in Jomtien is almost full of dumped "stuff".

Merely inviting our many bigoted members to join in laughing at the stereotype of Thai laziness, incompetence, lackadaisical sense of time, and stupidity. Makes them feel so superior. It's always so much fun.

That is, just another Thai bash. Haven't done The Tunnel in a while, so here it is again, as if it's something new. Yeah, let's use that.

All together now: time to chant our "gonna flood!" chant. 'Cause we know that already 'cause we know.

I agree it hasn't flooded , its just they are digging it in the wrong direction and they have to work out which way to point it next

Depending who was talking at the time, the tunnel had a projected construction time of 27 months to 3 years when it started in Q4 of 2014 so it's anyone's guess what the actual status is. They also stated in Q4 of 2014 that the Theprassit underpass was supposed to commence 'within three years' so maybe they are just getting ready to move the chaos down the road a bit.

Do you know something about Thai workmanship the rest of us don't??

Do you know something about Thai workmanship the rest of us don't??

Do you?

I get all the jokes but the serious question remains - 'Is it finished?' Can we have 3 lanes back any time soon?

No. However some great recent pics I just came across on the Addicts forum in Barstool Banter. Topic title is Sukhumvhit Tunnel and go to page 8.

Probably same as the Jomtien Beach renovation which also seems to have stopped. Contractors give a stupidly low bid to win the job, run out of money when the work is only x% complete, and then down tools until Pattaya City Hall can come up with more cash. If the Pattaya Beach walkway is anything to go by it might take a year or two before work starts again. In the meantime Suk will be stuck at 1 1/2 lanes either side and the Jomtien Beach walkway will stay looking like a part of downtown Aleppo.

I agree it hasn't flooded , its just they are digging it in the wrong direction and they have to work out which way to point it next

My advice,after 23 years,don't listen to half the rubbish posted on here,

clap2.gif

I never said that i didn't post rubbish as wellwhistling.gif mind you judging by most of the Thai workers i have ever employed i do not think i am to far out .

My advice,after 23 years,don't listen to half the rubbish posted on here,

clap2.gif

I never said that i didn't post rubbish as wellwhistling.gif mind you judging by most of the Thai workers i have ever employed i do not think i am to far out .

I never said that i didn't post rubbish as well:whistling: mind you judging by most of the Thai workers i have ever employed i do not think i am to far out .

Well, I'm disappointed to hear this confession that you also post rubbish as well that we have to "sift through," in your words, with all the other. Me, I regard the cause of helping clean up the rubbish a worthy one. I'd thought you were better than that.

By sheer coincidence (really!) just today I happened to be looking at a thread I hadn't yet bothered to peruse. The only forums I usually read are this, the health, the internet; and the movie thread, where you don't post rubbish. But therein I discovered an admonition from an i claudius about all the stereotyping about Thais here, how it puts off people and necessitates the work of sifting and discarding:

. . . i myself am not married to a bar girl but i do know one who has been married to one for nearly 30 years and the one i dated when i first came here is now married with kids in the UK and the height of respectability ,only two people know her past ,me and her husband , so even marriages to bar girls can work out , even in the UK us guys can get ripped off by a woman . so don't be put off by anything you read on here ,just sift through it and discard the bull.

Brief pauses in construction of major infrastructure projects are hardly uncommon anywhere, for any number of reasons. Lots of building going on Thailand, so resources must be a bit strained. There must be some estimated completion date (look it up or go ask), so if it doesn't make the completion date, I suppose then that would be a good sneer for our members who enjoy it so much.

Asking if it's "finished" now is exactly what I said it is in my first post. Think: just the mere announcement of the tunnel has already caused unfortunate cases of Tic-related Tunnel OCD (TRTOCD) (a form of Tourette Syndrome) among our members, with the word "tunnel" being compulsively typed at random moments in unrelated threads. We should help stop the spread, no?

About three years ago WinnieTheKhwai noted that Pattaya needs tunnels like Chiang Mai has already to handle some of the traffic. That was prescient of him but the point is that, yes, Thais can build tunnels and if multiple tunnels are working OK there, then they may well be able work OK here. Why not just wait & see? (I know that's a useless request.) As champers wrote,

Patience is a virtue and Geena is a punk rocker!

—champers, 2014-04-30 01:29:07

Yeah. Sheena, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it seems that they are really only just starting the "tunnelling" up to now it seems they just made a roof

now they have a JCB digging away.

attachicon.gif12799401_1698720793732718_3722092744688026989_n.jpg

attachicon.gif12321673_1698720947066036_8811925994929146189_n.jpg

here is the time schedule 810 days finished 1st February 2017

attachicon.gif12795542_1698726617065469_8516270601902052046_n.jpg

I don't think anyone really believes it's going to be finished on time. I'd be surprised if it's finished within 5 years.

Probably same as the Jomtien Beach renovation which also seems to have stopped. Contractors give a stupidly low bid to win the job, run out of money when the work is only x% complete, and then down tools until Pattaya City Hall can come up with more cash. If the Pattaya Beach walkway is anything to go by it might take a year or two before work starts again. In the meantime Suk will be stuck at 1 1/2 lanes either side and the Jomtien Beach walkway will stay looking like a part of downtown Aleppo.

Who are those people working there then? Volunteers?

I never said that i didn't post rubbish as well:whistling: mind you judging by most of the Thai workers i have ever employed i do not think i am to far out .

Well, I'm disappointed to hear this confession that you also post rubbish as well that we have to "sift through," in your words, with all the other. Me, I regard the cause of helping clean up the rubbish a worthy one. I'd thought you were better than that.

By sheer coincidence (really!) just today I happened to be looking at a thread I hadn't yet bothered to peruse. The only forums I usually read are this, the health, the internet; and the movie thread, where you don't post rubbish. But therein I discovered an admonition from an i claudius about all the stereotyping about Thais here, how it puts off people and necessitates the work of sifting and discarding:

. . . i myself am not married to a bar girl but i do know one who has been married to one for nearly 30 years and the one i dated when i first came here is now married with kids in the UK and the height of respectability ,only two people know her past ,me and her husband , so even marriages to bar girls can work out , even in the UK us guys can get ripped off by a woman . so don't be put off by anything you read on here ,just sift through it and discard the bull.

Brief pauses in construction of major infrastructure projects are hardly uncommon anywhere, for any number of reasons. Lots of building going on Thailand, so resources must be a bit strained. There must be some estimated completion date (look it up or go ask), so if it doesn't make the completion date, I suppose then that would be a good sneer for our members who enjoy it so much.

Asking if it's "finished" now is exactly what I said it is in my first post. Think: just the mere announcement of the tunnel has already caused unfortunate cases of Tic-related Tunnel OCD (TRTOCD) (a form of Tourette Syndrome) among our members, with the word "tunnel" being compulsively typed at random moments in unrelated threads. We should help stop the spread, no?

About three years ago WinnieTheKhwai noted that Pattaya needs tunnels like Chiang Mai has already to handle some of the traffic. That was prescient of him but the point is that, yes, Thais can build tunnels and if multiple tunnels are working OK there, then they may well be able work OK here. Why not just wait & see? (I know that's a useless request.) As champers wrote,

Patience is a virtue and Geena is a punk rocker!

champers, 2014-04-30 01:29:07

Yeah. Sheena, too.

Wouldn't bridges have been cheaper and quicker??

Well it seems that they are really only just starting the "tunnelling" up to now it seems they just made a roof

now they have a JCB digging away.

attachicon.gif12799401_1698720793732718_3722092744688026989_n.jpg

attachicon.gif12321673_1698720947066036_8811925994929146189_n.jpg

here is the time schedule 810 days finished 1st February 2017

attachicon.gif12795542_1698726617065469_8516270601902052046_n.jpg

The construction had been started on March 15, It was six months late. I think it should be finished on Aug. 17

Archived