Chinese man drowns in Samui despite the best efforts of kind tourists to save him

webfact

Chinese man drowns in Samui despite the best efforts of kind tourists to save him

KOH SAMUI: -- On Tuesday 9th of February at around 3pm a Chinese man was spotted in the ocean close to the Fair House Resort in south Chaweng.

Showing no signs of life a tourist dragged him into the shore before he and two other tourists performed mouth to mouth resuscitation on him for around ten minutes until the ambulance arrived.

The kind tourist told the Samui Times “Yesterday evening at about 1500, a man who I think was from China, was taken in land from the ocean, he showed no signs of life. We and other tourists did month on mouth for about ten minutes before the ambulance arrived. The man was taken from the beach and put into the ambulance.

I was surprised to see that they did not use a heart starter on the man. I had been giving the man mouth to mouth, another tourists was giving him heart massage.” Despite the best efforts of the kind tourists the man was unable to be revived and was taken to Nathon Hospital.

This is not the first Chinese drowning this year. All visitors to Koh Samui are advised to be cautious about swimming in rough seas and asked to pay attention to red flag areas.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2016-02-11

I just watched a program on lifeguards at Bondi Beach in Oz..... even with the dozens of volunteer lifeguards on duty, boats and helicopters .... still there can be up to five deaths in one day......

No guarantee that having lifeguards will make a difference to successful rescues.... as sad as that is to say...

Typo alert: This tragedy occurred two days ago & therefore remains current and newsworthy.

Brilliant! As usual this "news" is over a month old so what's the point in printing it here ? Reading TV has become a big waste of time and the whole site needs a big shakeup !

No surprise there are always typos from this source. Seems like there have been a few drownings recently, wonder how many get reported?

"All visitors to Koh Samui are advised to be cautious about swimming in rough seas and asked to pay attention to red flag area"

Chinese adhere to common sense?...hahacrazy.gif

Stupid comment. Do you have any idea how many Europeans drowned on Samui the last few years? sad.png

I wonder if Thailand publishes total deaths of Chinese tourists that were in Thailand visiting upon their death.

Just looking at the Sumui and Phuket news... I think there has been 5 Chinese deaths in the last week or so... all water related.

• 4 weeks later...

"All visitors to Koh Samui are advised to be cautious about swimming in rough seas and asked to pay attention to red flag area"

Chinese adhere to common sense?...hahacrazy.gif

Stupid comment. Do you have any idea how many Europeans drowned on Samui the last few years? sad.png

True...http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/896034-german-drowns-in-rough-seas-on-koh-phangan/

Pretty quiet (comment-wise) here for a drowning news. Likely b/c victim is Asian.

Archived