PM Prayut orders serious crackdown on counterfeit goods

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he succeeds. I just hate fake products with a vengeance. If you can't fund the real thing then don't buy a copy: buy a cheaper brand. Good example is high end bike frames: China sells Pinarello copies for $6/700. The real thing costs 5 x as much. Fakes break. Why not buy a brand such as Planet X. Not fake, guaranteed and exceedingly good quality and less than the cost of a fake. Fake aircraft parts have caused airplanes to crash. And those stupid girls with fake vuitton handbags - the real version would cost 2 x as much as the girls' motorbikes. Yep: Fakes are criminal activity and the profits fund criminals.

The problem is, the bike shops sometimes don't even know the smaller parts are fake! Very difficult to tell the difference.

A friend bought a fake Gibson guitar from China. It's 90% the same. Looks wise. Doesn't really play well and already some things are falling apart. Like you say, it's probably better to buy a real product in the same price range as the copy....

Most markets will be empty , Thailand is the Hub of Fakes , fake democracy, fake rice , fake women fake goods fake police

You left out fake Boobies
....and noses.

Summary of what was mentioned so far re Thailand, the Hub of Fakes:

- fake democracy

- fake rice

- fake women

- fake goods (maybe including "fake rice", "fake CCTVs" etc.?)

- fake police

- fake boobies (maybe sub-category of "fake women"?)

- fake noses (maybe sub-category of "fake body parts" like "fake lips", "fake skin whitening" etc.?)

- fake crackdowns (including the serious and non-serious ones; maybe sub-category of "fake police" ("fake/selective law enforcement")?)

- fake government

- fake men

- fake licenses (including "lawyers", "electricians", "teachers", "drivers", "jet ski operators" etc.)

- fake feelings

- fake smiles (maybe sub-category of "fake feelings"?)

- fake state of law (maybe including "fake government", "fake police", "fake investigations" -> fake/questionable suicides, fake/questionable DNA tests, fake/questionable verdicts etc.?)

- fake honour, aka "face saving" (e. g. continuation of the criminalisation of Bridge players; libel laws; computer crime act; I stop now...)

... I still have the feeling that this list is not complete...

But I'm a serious optimist and embrace every serious crackdown on anything, including this one.

Went to Thepprasit night market in Pattaya yesterday and was very positively surprised. Very few knockoff sellers around, the cd/dvd sellers were absent, the food section had been cleaned up. It was actually quite pleasant. Thailand would greatly benefit from getting rid of the crappy copies and start selling local originals instead.

Went to Thepprasit night market in Pattaya yesterday and was very positively surprised. Very few knockoff sellers around, the cd/dvd sellers were absent, the food section had been cleaned up. It was actually quite pleasant. Thailand would greatly benefit from getting rid of the crappy copies and start selling local originals instead.

I was in Chiang Mai last year and bought a great locally made shirt. Top quality and the same price as a knockoff. Eliminate the sale of knockoffs and maybe more will start producing goods themselves. Instead of being lazy.

Good point!

Pm's imo got this one wrong, markets selling copies doesn't effect international opinion in any shape or form. However rightly or wrongly having an a unelected military dictatorships as a government does.:)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pm's imo got this one wrong, markets selling copies doesn't effect international opinion in any shape or form. However rightly or wrongly having an a unelected military dictatorships as a government does.smile.png

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Uh, your comment, including this one, will be gone in 5, 4, 3, ... smile.png

- Fake free speech biggrin.png

Talk about a control freak,why does this guy have to get involved in every detail in this country, oh, i know, its called TOTAL CONTROL< and i didn't say POTATO (spudator) for those not understand. word, lol you dont get any other world leaders spouting off about minor every day topics that is what lower ranks are for, oops sorry no lower ranks here.

It is telling that there are now categories of crackdown, i.e. ordinary crackdown......nothing gets done, SERIOUS crackdown, a lot of hot air and nothing gets done. What next? the I REALLY MEAN IT - NO KIDDING crackdown?

The actual crackdowns, like the ones on democracy, and free speech, and Burmese workers, and students, and whistle-blowers don't get advertised as such but are pursued with ruthless inefficiency.