Purple Line is expected to become operational in August

rooster59

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FsMdl5Mk01703PuJLi2ka2Z

BANGKOK: The Purple railway line between Bangyai and Taopoon will start full test run in May and it will be operational in August to celebrate the birthday anniversary of Her Majesty the Queen, said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha in his weekly Returning Happiness to the People programme Friday night.

Then the prime minister gave the tentative timetables of the opening, construction or the bidding of the other rail lines.

The Blue Line between Hua Lampong and Bangkhae and between Bangsue and Tha Phra which encompasses elevated and underground railway and goes through a tunnel under the Chao Phraya river is already 70 percent comleted. This line is expected to become operational in April 2019.

The Green Line between Baring and Samut Prakan is 70 percent completed and is expected to come into service in February 2018 whereas the fourth route which is the extension of the Green Line from Mor Chit to Khu Kot is expected to be operational in February 2020.

The Red Line from Bangsue to Rangsit is about 50 percent completed and is expected to become operational in September 2020.

The Light Red Line connecting Bangsue with Phyathai, Makkasan and Hua Mark and the Deep Red Line from Bangsue to Hua Lampong are under study.

The Orange Line between Thailand Cultural Centre and Min Buri is in the process of preparing the median price for the project and construction is expected to commence in March next year. Once completed, this line will link up with four other lines namely the Red, Blue and Pink lines.

The 10th route which is an extension of the Purple Line between Taopoon and Rasburana is under EIA consideration.

The prime minister said that the 1.435 metre gauge is the standard of trains in the future and Thailand has not reached that level yet.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/150760

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-13

Does that mean the purple line will be open and running from

Bang yai to Rat Burana?

That will be good for people in Nontaburi

And could make living in this area more accomadating

That is a long trip all the way from Bang Yai

Thanks for that exclent map on the system

Good stuff. I still think motorcycle is the fastest way around but this is only good news.

I think in this case using a motorcycle (taxi?) is OK for short distance. Anything like from Sukumvit to Mor Chit and the motorcycle becomes the fastest way into the ground. And if you survive, your lungs will be gasping.

Transit-Map.jpeg

Soon London and The Tube will have nothing on Bangkok...OK joke joke only ?

Pretty impressive nonetheless...I remember when it first opened there were just the two lines from On Nut to National Stadium and Morchit to Surasak. I see the Pink Line terminates at Salaya, Thonburi (Mahidol University) which will be good for me.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

2021 Master Plan -post-133695-0-50122700-1455344082_thumb. more likely 2025 Unfortunately this map isn't in English. But it does show the proposed link between the two airports and the pink Mono-rail link from Nonthaburi that will go across the north of Bangkok via Government buildings

Why in August? The structure has been completed already last year?

What is the delay?

The whole project was significantly delayed by damage to the Bang Yai terminal during the 2011 floods. But I believe the delay now is mainly due to late finalisation of orders for the rolling stock hence delivery is late.

Why in August? The structure has been completed already last year?

What is the delay?

the delay now is mainly due to late finalisation of orders for the rolling stock hence delivery is late.

Thanks. In other words, mismanagement in the ordering process of the rolling stock. sad.png

Despite all my complaining all the time I must give credit to this they are using their brains by building mass transit and have done an excellent job. Moronic indolent MP's on on both sides in AUS do NOTHING except build more roads as fwit Abbott said "He want to build roads of the 21st century" words like this are part of the problem not the solution.

Does that mean the purple line will be open and running from

Bang yai to Rat Burana?

That will be good for people in Nontaburi

And could make living in this area more accomadating

That is a long trip all the way from Bang Yai

Thanks for that exclent map on the system

No, the first phase is to Tao Poon. There will be a short extension to the Blue Line opening in 2017 linking Tao Poon to Bang Sue so you'll be able to travel in to town on one ticket, simply changing trains at Tao Poon.

I see that the pink and dark red lines go via a station at mor chit bus terminal. That would be sensible planning, but are n't they moving the bus station ? Up to rang sit I think I read ?

Yup, and the proposed location is a taxi ride from Rangsit station.

Clever eh?

I wished they also bought new river expressboats with good seats and silent engines.

But do the boats who connect to the BTS only stop at piers who are connected to the BTS? Or will they stop everywhere? Would be nice to have a fast boat between the BTS-piers.

I wished they also bought new river expressboats with good seats and silent engines.

But do the boats who connect to the BTS only stop at piers who are connected to the BTS? Or will they stop everywhere? Would be nice to have a fast boat between the BTS-piers.

There will be a Chao Phraya Express pier connected to Phra Nang Khlao station on the purple line.

I can see that the station has been designed with that in mind but I haven't noticed the actual pier. Maybe I just haven't looked properly.

Good stuff. I still think motorcycle is the fastest way around but this is only good news.

I think in this case using a motorcycle (taxi?) is OK for short distance. Anything like from Sukumvit to Mor Chit and the motorcycle becomes the fastest way into the ground. And if you survive, your lungs will be gasping.

On an average day I do about 100km in and around bkk on motorcycle , I don't think my lungs are getting more pollution than anyone else's.... Being stuck on a bus at 5km per hour would be much worse imo

Walking around or using sky trains would even make me inhale more pollution on average...

There will be a Chao Phraya Express pier connected to Phra Nang Khlao station on the purple line.

I can see that the station has been designed with that in mind but I haven't noticed the actual pier. Maybe I just haven't looked properly.

I'm wondering if that pier will be used and if the expressboat will be improved. It's always overloaded and i bet they don't even have enough lifevests onboard.

But the boat isn't fast and stops a lot, would be nice to get a highspeed boat as well between the bts-piers and maybe the most used piers. Also it's no fun to stand jampacked in that boat for long time.

I like the boats much more then the skytrain though and it's time to improve them. New and better piers is a start but i hope they really upgrade the whole system. Nice clean air on the river and great views. I even saw a huge lizzard last time i was on the boat. He was about 150 cm long.

I'm wondering if that pier will be used and if the expressboat will be improved. It's always overloaded and i bet they don't even have enough lifevests onboard.

But the boat isn't fast and stops a lot, would be nice to get a highspeed boat as well between the bts-piers and maybe the most used piers. Also it's no fun to stand jampacked in that boat for long time.

I like the boats much more then the skytrain though and it's time to improve them. New and better piers is a start but i hope they really upgrade the whole system. Nice clean air on the river and great views. I even saw a huge lizzard last time i was on the boat. He was about 150 cm long.

I guess the frequency will increase. At the moment the service going north from Thanam Nonthaburi to Pakret and back is only during morning and evening rush hour.

I think the hull design of the current boats will prevent them going any faster. The advent of turbo diesels has already made the present design go fast enough to kick up a nasty wake which does a lot of damage to the environment along the riverbank

I have no idea about life vests but in the event of a collision I doubt they would help much if passengers didn't already have them on. Can you imagine the chaos? If you can swim, ok it's not far to either riverbank. If not, you will probably drown.

Personally I find an hour long trip on those boats leaves me feeling a bit grimy and grumpy. Think I'll either keep driving, taking taxis or maybe even the purple line train. I'm really looking forward to it's opening.

I guess the frequency will increase. At the moment the service going north from Thanam Nonthaburi to Pakret and back is only during morning and evening rush hour.

I think the hull design of the current boats will prevent them going any faster. The advent of turbo diesels has already made the present design go fast enough to kick up a nasty wake which does a lot of damage to the environment along the riverbank

I have no idea about life vests but in the event of a collision I doubt they would help much if passengers didn't already have them on. Can you imagine the chaos? If you can swim, ok it's not far to either riverbank. If not, you will probably drown.

Personally I find an hour long trip on those boats leaves me feeling a bit grimy and grumpy. Think I'll either keep driving, taking taxis or maybe even the purple line train. I'm really looking forward to it's opening.

If the riverboat collides there will be enough time to grab a lifevest before the waterlevel in the boat is deep enough to swim. Most Thai can't swim.

I hope the expressboat visits koh kret so those longtailcaptains are out of job. They asked my wife if we wanted to hire them and when she said no they called her a hooker.

But yes an hour on those boats is too long, they are not comfortable enough and even have water smashing into passengers faces, thats very dirty water full of diseases.

I just don't want to go to Bang sue, take the metro and then back to the BTS again. Then i would prefer a boattrip to the next bts-pier and from there into the city.

If the riverboat collides there will be enough time to grab a lifevest before the waterlevel in the boat is deep enough to swim. Most Thai can't swim.

I hope the expressboat visits koh kret so those longtailcaptains are out of job. They asked my wife if we wanted to hire them and when she said no they called her a hooker.

But yes an hour on those boats is too long, they are not comfortable enough and even have water smashing into passengers faces, thats very dirty water full of diseases.

I just don't want to go to Bang sue, take the metro and then back to the BTS again. Then i would prefer a boattrip to the next bts-pier and from there into the city.

How did they know she was a hooker? :)