Chinese tourist, 61, drowns in popular Phuket resort swimming pool

rooster59

Chinese tourist, 61, drowns in popular Phuket resort swimming pool

Darawan Naknakhon

post-247607-0-69369000-1455439312_thumb.

PHUKET: Another Chinese tourist has died in the water while on holiday in Phuket, the latest victim perishing after attempted to relax in a hotel swimming pool.

At 7:30am today (February 14) authorities were alerted by Siriroj Hospital in Phuket Town that they were unable to revive a 61-year-old Chinese man who had been admitted this morning after he reportedly drowned in a swimming pool at a popular beach resort south of Patong.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourist-61-drowns-in-popular-phuket-resort-swimming-pool-56216.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-14

This is a tragic accident - condolences to the family.

Sometimes however I wonder since I did see myself a Chinese tourist jumping into a pool which is 3 meters deep. He was rescued since there was a lifebelt at the pool which could be thrown to him. If you can not swim you would expect to check the depth of the water first?

unsure.png

This is a tragic accident - condolences to the family.

Sometimes however I wonder since I did see myself a Chinese tourist jumping into a pool which is 3 meters deep. He was rescued since there was a lifebelt at the pool which could be thrown to him. If you can not swim you would expect to check the depth of the water first?

unsure.png

Even if you can swim - check the depth of the water first.

Otherwise, you could dive in and break your neck.

Phuket tourist dies after resort swimming pool incident
Kritsada Mueanghawong

PHUKET: -- A Chinese tourist was pronounced dead at Phuket International Hospital after she was recovered unconscious from a Phuket resort swimming pool yesterday morning.

Police asked the Phuket Gazette not to reveal the identity of the 61-year-old woman, who was quickly pulled out of the water by hotel staff and given CPR [cardiopulmonary resuscitation], explained Lt Charus Lempand of the Wichit Police.

Police also asked the Gazette not to name the hotel.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-tourist-dies-resort-swimming-pool-incident/63149?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-02-15

Wonder how different all the above comments would be if the 61 year old had been a Brit or American or ...

Perhaps you could tell us what the comments would be as you're inferring they would be different. OTOH , maybe you don't know but just couldn't resist 'putting your oar in'.