Uzbekistan Tourist beaten and 'robbed' by Baht Bus Driver in South Pattaya

webfact

Why spend your holiday in scam city pattaya? There are so many other and safer places to go in Thailand...

Because it's a vibrant exciting place. Of course there are some who like to live in the sticks and have the aris bored off them.

No, we like to live in the sticks, as you say, because we don't want to deal with this everyday BS!

Have a nice day.

Why spend your holiday in scam city pattaya? There are so many other and safer places to go in Thailand...

Besides having NOTHING to do with the op, have you anything to add. By the way, have you ever been to Pattaya?

Edited by Rorri

Why would you go out with 1000 dollar in your wallet?????

'Cause leaving it in the hotel room is even riskier?

This is where THINKING escapes some people who post on here... Hans failed here because the amount of money has NOTHING to do with the OP, he wasn't attacked for his money.

If the police really wanted to do something...

Stand outside the police station (Soi 9), and stop and check every Baht Bus and Driver...

Check the vehicles for tax, insurance and defects

Check the drivers for DUI and licences

Impound defective vehicles and lock up any driver found to be DUI...

Yes, the Baht Buses will stop running for a few hours, but as soon as they realise they are losing money many of those legal ones will start working again.

I am sure the BiB know who the rouge drivers are, so create a small unit who drive around pulling over Baht Buses and to do random inspection on the vehicles and drivers.

Edited by Basil B

Probably not, but those thugs should not have attacked him, so I would say make them pay... they may just think twice next time.

The BiB should start asking the business owners and employees in the area if the saw anything ...I am sure when they start checking business licences it will jog a few memories.

Because it's a vibrant exciting place. Of course there are some who like to live in the sticks and have the aris bored off them.

No, we like to live in the sticks, as you say, because we don't want to deal with this everyday BS!

Have a nice day.

Another useless comment, this is about tourists, not your "personal" choice, why do some people find it so hard. Tourists do NOT come to Thailand to go to the "sticks." I emphasize the word "TOURISTS."

Cos if your going to make a claim on your travel insurance, may as well make it worthwhile.

No point in claiming the $50 you actually had in there.

I've never had a travel policy that reimburses stolen cash. Probably for that very reason...

Thainess making the news again, will it ever end ?

Thesze thugs only returned some of his items because they know the streets there are full with video cams and so it was matter of time anyway to find the BHT bus driver.No surprise no furtheer action is taking against the criminals

If he had of walked a whole 100 metres he could have got a baht bus in second rd that was travelling in the direction he wanted to go. 10 baht a head.

Maybe he doesn't live on the baht bus route in Jomtien and would therefore have a long walk or have to catch a motorbike taxi.

Maybe he didn't want to wait half an hour for the public baht bus to be loaded dangerously full before they depart with everyone jammed in the back. Some times after waiting so long by the time they leave I need to get off to relieve my bladder.

Maybe he isn't a cheap charlie and had enough money to pay for door to door delivery.

Maybe if Pattaya taxis used their meters this wouldn't have happened as he wouldn't have needed to negotiate with a rip-off baht bus driver.

Edited by Gunna

If he had of walked a whole 100 metres he could have got a baht bus in second rd that was travelling in the direction he wanted to go. 10 baht a head.

Maybe he doesn't live on the baht bus route in Jomtien and would therefore have a long walk or have to catch a motorbike taxi.

Maybe he didn't want to wait half an hour for the public baht bus to be loaded dangerously full before they depart with everyone jammed in the back. Some times after waiting so long by the time they leave I need to get off to relieve my bladder.

Maybe he isn't a cheap charlie and had enough money to pay for door to door delivery.

Maybe if Pattaya taxis used their meters this wouldn't have happened as he wouldn't have needed to negotiate with a rip-off baht bus driver.

Guys, please, he is a TOURIST, how would a tourist know where to get the baht buses. Think please, there is far too much guessing, and BS, on this site, people seem to lose focus, and go off on a tangent. Stick to the bloody op.

Where are the Thai apologists when we need them...there is some serious work to be done here to schmooze the Baht Bus Driver gang of 8...

I am here, maybe the drunk man said something really insulting to the first baht bus driver ? These type of incidents normally happens early in the morning when people are acting like drunk idiots. So it will never happen to me then.

Not hard to get on the wrong side of a baht bus driver no matter how Thai savvy you are.

Many of them are walking powder kegs so on law of averages if you catch them regularly you will have some unpleasant experiences with these imbeciles.

The things is and most people don't realise that Pattaya is actually pretty small and the police run just about everything in town and have their money invested in just about everything in town and are mates with everyone in town.

Many police have plates and own songtaews and of course they own quite a few bar leases and bars. they are also mates with all the mafia lowlifes along the beach front who were doing the jetski scams every day.

They are all buddy buddies. Tourists come and go they are there all the time to make a living and theirliving is off tourists and if one lot don't come back there is always a new lot coming in.

So let me see if I got this right. Get beaten up and have your wallet & passport stolen. You report it to the police. Then one of the guys that beat you up, returns your stuff to the police. And now the police do not want to do anything, because this guy at least returned your passport & wallet (minus most of your money). What is the point of even having a police force if they are too lazy to do anything??

Hey come on! Be fair. The cops are not lazy!

They just used 50 men to bust a group of pensioners playing bridge. I am sure they are exhausted after that raid.

Have a nice day.

Another useless comment, this is about tourists, not your "personal" choice, why do some people find it so hard. Tourists do NOT come to Thailand to go to the "sticks." I emphasize the word "TOURISTS."
Read the post I respond to, read it good....

It says; some who like to live in the sticks.

And btw, I like how you use the word tourist in capital letters!

So let me see if I got this right. Get beaten up and have your wallet & passport stolen. You report it to the police. Then one of the guys that beat you up, returns your stuff to the police. And now the police do not want to do anything, because this guy at least returned your passport & wallet (minus most of your money). What is the point of even having a police force if they are too lazy to do anything??

They just used 50 men to bust a group of pensioners playing bridge. I am sure they are exhausted after that raid.

If the victim was happy to get his stuff back and decided not to press charges then the police can opt to drop it. That happens in the West too.

And for the hundredth time, the police did not raid the bridge players but City officials did.

Well, let's look at this through Thainess. There are so many low-life farangs in Thailand, the police are convinced the farang was lying about the amount of money in his wallet, he made the Thais lose face for accusing them of such a theft--we all know Thais would never do such a thing--and the Thais returned the money, wallet and passport. Additionally, the farang only identified one assailant, so the big farang must have instigated the fight thinking he could easily beat only one small Thai man.

The farang is lucky he was not charged.

This is where THINKING escapes some people who post on here... Hans failed here because the amount of money has NOTHING to do with the OP, he wasn't attacked for his money.

I agree but if your going out and it does not mater if it is in Pattaya, Londen or another city on this planet there is always a chance to be robbed,

Edited by Rimmer
Quote fixed

I agree but if your going out and it does not mater if it is in Pattaya, Londen or another city on this planet there is always a chance to be robbed,

Hans, you missed the point, the point is, the money has NOTHING to do with the story, so why even mention it.

If the victim was happy to get his stuff back and decided not to press charges then the police can opt to drop it. That happens in the West too.

And for the hundredth time, the police did not raid the bridge players but City officials did.

I haven't read a hundred times that police were not involved, but I saw in the first headline that they were involved.

"PATTAYA: -- The Army, Pattaya Police and District Officials, conducted a raid on a 2nd floor rented apartment in South Pattaya on Monday Night which was being used by a Bridge Club for foreign nationals."

So I am pretty sure there must have been police officers involved in the raid.

Edited by petedk