Kodi addons- the successor to Genesis

JHolmesJr

I installed it last night and it works extremely well for me. What I noticed immediately was the number of streaming sites offered included new names and many sites which disappeared from genisis. I did notice that there are no favorites and favorite episodes on the menu and that if you want them you need to add them to your Trakt tv list which is an extra step to take. It was simple to add my Trakt account and my real-debrid account and I was happy to see that there were a bunch more priority links from real-debrid.

I installed it last night and it works extremely well for me. What I noticed immediately was the number of streaming sites offered included new names and many sites which disappeared from genisis. I did notice that there are no favorites and favorite episodes on the menu and that if you want them you need to add them to your Trakt tv list which is an extra step to take. It was simple to add my Trakt account and my real-debrid account and I was happy to see that there were a bunch more priority links from real-debrid.

Yes.

And every link I clicked played almost instantly…even in 1080p! I guess this is due to there being fewer users…once it reaches the genesis level of users, I guess it might slow down.

I have a free real debrid account….every tie I add it to any add-on I start getting many RD links won't play….so Im real cautious about messing this up.

Is yours a paid Real Debrid account?

Yes I think I paid around 9 euro for 9 months or something like that just to test it out. Some of the links take a long time to buffer still but some HD and lower quality links are a lot better. It really does depend on your local ISP I use my box in Bangkok where I have AIS 50/20 and it captures most streams. When I take it down to my place in phuket (like at the moment) where I have 3bb through the condo it struggles but I get more links that will play with real debrid than without it. For the money I think it's worth it at least from my experience.

Exodus is very good and certainly has brought back a number of sources, however it has really messed with my use of the kodi library I had but together, trakt synced all my kodi library with trakt and exodus collections , but did not bring over the watched information.

That said the exodus release did force me to give up my training wheels and abandon the cluttered tvmc build I was using, as the kodi trakt add-on would not install under tvmc.

Tvmc served its purpose however and it only took me a few hours to set up my own build in isengard with what I had learned from my time fiddling with tvmc. It amazing how intimidating and foreign the early xbmc builds were.

Now salts, Genesis, kodi, velocity and kodi library are pretty much all sysnced, though it is taking a bit more time to get the watched statuses sorted.

Kodi has come a very long way.

I cant find any HD streams in genesis either in TVMC on linux or 14.2 in Win7

The HQ streams buffer like mad, somethings broke wish I knew what it was.

My download speed is 72M the connection isnt a problem, cleared caches, tried zero buffering .....

Searched the net not found a working solution, it used to run flawlessly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

All I want is genesis and phoenix working without buffering and also to get HD 1080 streams back

What happened to erm... was it called Vicbox stream (maybe the wrong name) , I used to find them reliable now it seems they dont exist.

I cant find any HD streams in genesis either ...

My download speed is 72M the connection isnt a problem,

All I want is genesis ... also to get HD 1080 streams back

I'm on a 10M line and "the successor to Genesis" thread title, namely Exodus seems to work just fine for 1080p. Have you tried that? Genesis is finished.

I cant find any HD streams in genesis either in TVMC on linux or 14.2 in Win7

The HQ streams buffer like mad, somethings broke wish I knew what it was.

My download speed is 72M the connection isnt a problem, cleared caches, tried zero buffering .....

Searched the net not found a working solution, it used to run flawlessly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

All I want is genesis and phoenix working without buffering and also to get HD 1080 streams back

What happened to erm... was it called Vicbox stream (maybe the wrong name) , I used to find them reliable now it seems they dont exist.

The creator of Genisis has stopped supporting it and has instead developed a new improved addon called Exodus. If you search video addons you will find its already on your system in the lambda repositioy so just install it from there. Your VKBOX will appeared as well as a huge number of other sources when you chose a stream on exodus.

Archived