Evidence from UK's National Crime Agency 'critical' in sentencing Koh Tao killers to death

webfact

if some posters have business interests on Koh Tao and are so-called shills, wouldn't it be in their interest to have the real killers caught? After all if the real killers get away with it they might strike again and that would surely not be good for business.

Who knows what the strategy is, why would mafia threaten the translators at Samui court? According to the vanished post the reach extends to Samui and Bangkok, not just Koh Tao

And it seems to reach even further than that, may I remind what Hannah's sister said :

“What if I told you that I have had many death threats from thai people since they murdered my sister? That they defaced photographs of me saying that the killers had only done ‘half the job’

“What if I told you that people commented on these photographs saying things like ‘there is still time’, and ‘tick tock tick tock’?

“What if I told you that I have been sent crime scene photographs? What if I told you that I have been chased in my car? What if I told you that the Thais offered us ‘compensation’ to try and keep us quiet? Obviously we were absolutely appalled and told them to shove it?

“What if I told you that I am now frightened of my own shadow? That I am constantly looking over my shoulder? That I am exhausted, but frightened to sleep because of the nightmares? I miss my sister desperately. My heart is heavy and my mind is tired.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/12093087/Sister-of-murdered-British-tourist-Hannah-Witheridge-attacks-bungling-Thai-police.html

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if some posters have business interests on Koh Tao and are so-called shills, wouldn't it be in their interest to have the real killers caught? After all if the real killers get away with it they might strike again and that would surely not be good for business.

Who knows what the strategy is, why would mafia threaten the translators at Samui court? According to the vanished post the reach extends to Samui and Bangkok, not just Koh Tao

It's pretty obvious, jayjay, that the strategy is to keep certain members of the Tuvichien family from being prosecuted for murder. That overrides all other concerns, including tourism. The B2 being scapegoated was an attempt to allay the tourism concerns

It sure would be interesting to have a look at some IP adsresses.

What is sure is that a few posters are very very active and always try to prevent talking about alternate scenarios and the discrepencies in the investigation. What is there to gain?

It takes time to try to contradict them and most of us have other things to do.

Thanks to all the other posters for your often very good answers,usually not resorting to threats or insults but facts or legitimate doubts...

So we have this group admitting mafia connections , different people using same user name 24/7 koh tao thread monitoring , another one never stops using thai visa messenger possibly directing the show .

I know we are not allowed to talk about mods so this is a one and only message to thai visa.

The amount of people who have been stopped from posting on thai visa due to conflicts with the shills has been huge .

Enough complaints have been lodged now their should be enough proof to put a stop to to this group.

Paranoid drivel.

Have they changed it to Chumphon now ? 55555 its been Samui airport for the last year How many times does there story changed.

No DiscoDan. You're wrong again. This is tiresome. Chumpon has been mentioned in numerous posts dating back over a year. See my post below......

All the 'proven' scenarios require that the fully-fueled speedboat was ready and waiting at the shore, that there was no waiting time transfer to the airport, no problems at check in or buying a ticket even presuming that someone already had a ticket for the flight because this was all planned in advance because that was normally how that person left Koh Tao island when returning to Bangkok. So I would say that unless someone has actually done it with a stopwatch, it has not been proven even if theoretically possible if everything went to the most advantageous outcome.

That all is theoretical because that presumes the person or persons who would be making this great escape actually were on the island to begin with.

NS and his uncle are rich. They grew up on a tiny island and are acquainted with some of the boat drivers there. If NS split from Bkk to party at the island for the weekend (or just Sunday night), he would likely have bought a r-t ticket from Bkk (Chumpon is the airport which seems most likely). He knows he has to be back in school on Monday morning, so he already has the return flight. The crime wrapped up at 5 am (my estimate). That would still leave enough time for a desperate young man (with money and help from his uncle) to get a fast boat to Chumpon, ...and get to Bkk within 4.5 hours (the alibi footage showed 9:30 am). If you want to try to poke holes at that theory, that's your prerogative, but a half-assed adept police force would have checked out some of those items. RTP either did, and didn't like what they found (because it didn't fit with their duty to shield the Headman's people), or they didn't find any connections with the theory mentioned above. If so, we haven't heard anything from them or Nok Air. What we have from RTP is absolutely nothing which relates to that scenario, even though RTP declared NS as a prime suspect early in the investigation. NS hid for 10 days. Did you forget that? The fastboat driver found sleeping in a cave on Samui, the day after the crime. Remember that? Police tried talking with him but gave up because he was too drugged. Did they check back with him? Did they search his boat? ....his phone history? There were two other locals with the fastboat driver, one of the them kept shouting at police, "We didn't kill anybody! Leave us alone!"

I forgot to add another reason Thai cops didn't check into the possible fastboat/Chumpon connection: Thai cops have trouble 'thinking outside the box'. That's why they have a ww reputation for being inept at crime investigations. Sometimes they get things right, and when they do I commend them. Other times they screw up. Unfortunately for the 4 victims (2 murdered and 2 unjustly found guilty) and their families, Thai authorities opted to screen the Headman's people from scrutiny. Whether they did that for payments, we may never know, because obviously no one in authority is going to investigate a money trail. And authorities are the only people allowed to do any crime investigation in Thailand. But there are more people who will get harmed because of the completely inept investigation (or inept cover up, take your choice). There are future victims who will likely get raped and/or killed. Already there have been 3 mysterious deaths on the island in the several months since the double murder. None of those added deaths have been satisfactorily investigated. Who will be next? ....as long as dangerous heartless people are free to roam beach resorts in southern Thailand. .....allowed by RTP and Brit non-investigators to strike again, knowing they're untouchable.

Edited by boomerangutang

They have had multiple chances to tell the whole truth.

Their first confession is the closest we'll ever get. The have absolutely no remorse for what they did to that poor girl. She was alive as they brutally raped her on the beach. Then took that hoe and smashed her face in right down to the stem of the brain. Oh but but, maybe they were involved just a little bit, while "the real killers "forced them to commit such acts. When defending the human rights of these two, you might want to spare a thought for hannah.

Just the other day you said you believed that they B2 were involved with the crime but probably didn't even handle the murder weapon as they were likely just accomplices to some other people. Now you gone back to a completely damning opinion of them again. What's up with that?
I did not say that. Lier.

Really?? From post #238

<snip>

it does not prove murder. It does prove, they are lying to cover up. Even now, they could reveal the truth. But no, they choose to remain silent. I do not believe they acted alone, they may not have held the weapon even. But they were there. So unless they want to fess up, they are just as guilty as anyone else that was there. The law in thailand says, if you stand and watch a crime and do nothing to assist, you are just as guilty as the person doing the action.

We can remember the jody foster movie.

Just more proof of your and your friend's games here.

You quoted me as saying they did not hold the weapon. I never said any such thing.

I said, I do not believe they acted alone. I have always maintained that. My meaning of that is I have always thought there were at least 3. My suspicions are Muang Muang and Sean. I said, EVEN IF they did not hold the weapon, they were their.

Either you don't understand English well, or you deliberately set out to change the wording of my post to have a different meaning.

And nowhere did I say they were likely only accomplices.

So again lier.

Just more proof of your games.

That is not what you said at all. You are misquoting your own quote that I just quoted for you. It is right above what you have just written so it can be seen how you are trying to change what you really said.

Anyway, by your grammar and spelling mistakes and your new agressive attitude and calling me a liar, it's pretty obvious that you are not the same person using the GC username who wrote that and many previous posts.

What is sure is that a few posters are very very active and always try to prevent talking about alternate scenarios and the discrepencies in the investigation. What is there to gain?

Thanks to all the other posters for your often very good answers,usually not resorting to threats or insults but facts or legitimate doubts...

So we have this group admitting mafia connections , different people using same user name 24/7 koh tao thread monitoring , another one never stops using thai visa messenger possibly directing the show .

I know we are not allowed to talk about mods so this is a one and only message to thai visa.

The amount of people who have been stopped from posting on thai visa due to conflicts with the shills has been huge .

Enough complaints have been lodged now their should be enough proof to put a stop to to this group.

Paranoid drivel.

No need to get your knickers in a knot the truth shouldn't hurt.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Have they changed it to Chumphon now ? 55555 its been Samui airport for the last year How many times does there story changed.

No DiscoDan. You're wrong again. This is tiresome. Chumpon has been mentioned in numerous posts dating back over a year. See my post below......

All the 'proven' scenarios require that the fully-fueled speedboat was ready and waiting at the shore, that there was no waiting time transfer to the airport, no problems at check in or buying a ticket even presuming that someone already had a ticket for the flight because this was all planned in advance because that was normally how that person left Koh Tao island when returning to Bangkok. So I would say that unless someone has actually done it with a stopwatch, it has not been proven even if theoretically possible if everything went to the most advantageous outcome.

That all is theoretical because that presumes the person or persons who would be making this great escape actually were on the island to begin with.

NS and his uncle are rich. They grew up on a tiny island and are acquainted with some of the boat drivers there. If NS split from Bkk to party at the island for the weekend (or just Sunday night), he would likely have bought a r-t ticket from Bkk (Chumpon is the airport which seems most likely). He knows he has to be back in school on Monday morning, so he already has the return flight. The crime wrapped up at 5 am (my estimate). That would still leave enough time for a desperate young man (with money and help from his uncle) to get a fast boat to Chumpon, ...and get to Bkk within 4.5 hours (the alibi footage showed 9:30 am). If you want to try to poke holes at that theory, that's your prerogative, but a half-assed adept police force would have checked out some of those items. RTP either did, and didn't like what they found (because it didn't fit with their duty to shield the Headman's people), or they didn't find any connections with the theory mentioned above. If so, we haven't heard anything from them or Nok Air. What we have from RTP is absolutely nothing which relates to that scenario, even though RTP declared NS as a prime suspect early in the investigation. NS hid for 10 days. Did you forget that? The fastboat driver found sleeping in a cave on Samui, the day after the crime. Remember that? Police tried talking with him but gave up because he was too drugged. Did they check back with him? Did they search his boat? ....his phone history? There were two other locals with the fastboat driver, one of the them kept shouting at police, "We didn't kill anybody! Leave us alone!"

"There were two other locals with the fastboat driver, one of the them kept shouting at police, "We didn't kill anybody! Leave us alone!""

laugh.png Just like everybody does when approached by police officers.

"I have seen reports claiming that David was killed with the hoe or a blunt metal instrument - at no point has the use of a weaponised shark ring been mentioned as a possible cause of his death"

Very slowly, for the mentally slow among us: no one says, that the shark ring is "the possible cause of death"!

What we are saying is, that obviously David was attacked by someone with another weapon than the hoe!

His multiple wounds don't match an attack with a hoe!

Why is this important?

Because if he was attacked by someone with a different weapon and fought that someone off, that means a few different things:

a) the theory, that he was attacked from behind, while having sex with Hannah and got struck over the head with said hoe, is blown out of the water!

b ) if he fought back and got stabbed with a shorter, sharper object...who was he attacked by? Surely not the B2, because they were (your theory, not mine!) so stupid, that they threw incriminating evidence into their backyard! Surely the short, sharp object, they used to attack David, must be found somewhere in their possession (or somewhere behind their lair of evil!).

c) No, David did not receive his injuries from a whine bottle, since there are no pieces of glass to be found near or at the crime scene!

So: let's assume David WAS attacked and injured with a sharp, small object (like a sharktooth- ring or a pushknife)- wouldn't it be interesting, by WHO he was attacked with that?

I mean obviously, he was in a fight that gave him several wounds all over his body...but we should let that go and just focus on the weapon that may or may not have delivered the fatal blow, because.....?!

Hit by a heavy piece of wood or rock which ended up in the ocean perhaps? Unlikely that a sharks tooth is sufficient to kill a fit young man.

Do I have to spell it?

It is not about if he was killed by the sharktooth ring (he most likely wasn't!), but about the fact that he was OBVIOUSLY fighting someone, using an instrument like that!

The fact, that the RTP didn't even TRY to find out about that person and simply concentrated 100% on the hoe,IS THE PROBLEM!

Because whoever inflicted these wounds on David MIGHT actually be VERY CLOSE to the real killers!

And he is NOT one of the B2!

Got it now?

If the RTP could have worked a pair of stilts or a pogo stick into the crime scene evidence, I'm sure some kind of push-knife or weaponised ring would have been found and linked to the B2.

Posts and replies in violation of the following have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

They have had multiple chances to tell the whole truth.

Their first confession is the closest we'll ever get. The have absolutely no remorse for what they did to that poor girl. She was alive as they brutally raped her on the beach. Then took that hoe and smashed her face in right down to the stem of the brain. Oh but but, maybe they were involved just a little bit, while "the real killers "forced them to commit such acts. When defending the human rights of these two, you might want to spare a thought for hannah.

Just the other day you said you believed that they B2 were involved with the crime but probably didn't even handle the murder weapon as they were likely just accomplices to some other people. Now you gone back to a completely damning opinion of them again. What's up with that?
I did not say that. Lier.

Really?? From post #238

<snip>

it does not prove murder. It does prove, they are lying to cover up. Even now, they could reveal the truth. But no, they choose to remain silent. I do not believe they acted alone, they may not have held the weapon even. But they were there. So unless they want to fess up, they are just as guilty as anyone else that was there. The law in thailand says, if you stand and watch a crime and do nothing to assist, you are just as guilty as the person doing the action.

We can remember the jody foster movie.

Just more proof of your and your friend's games here.

You quoted me as saying they did not hold the weapon. I never said any such thing.

I said, I do not believe they acted alone. I have always maintained that. My meaning of that is I have always thought there were at least 3. My suspicions are Muang Muang and Sean. I said, EVEN IF they did not hold the weapon, they were their.

Either you don't understand English well, or you deliberately set out to change the wording of my post to have a different meaning.

And nowhere did I say they were likely only accomplices.

So again lier.

Just more proof of your games.

That is not what you said at all. You are misquoting your own quote that I just quoted for you. It is right above what you have just written so it can be seen how you are trying to change what you really said.

Anyway, by your grammar and spelling mistakes and your new agressive attitude and calling me a liar, it's pretty obvious that you are not the same person using the GC username who wrote that and many previous posts.

It says they may not have held the weapon even.

Meaning. ..

EVEN IF. ......They never held the weapon they would still be accountable because they were there.

I never said they did not hold the weapon and were only accomplices .

Oh, great now I am an imposter pretending to be greenchair, so I can protect the real killers from being found out.

Paid of course. Lol

Meaning. ..

EVEN IF. ......They never held the weapon they would still be accountable because they were there.

Oh, great now I am an imposter pretending to be greenchair, so I can protect the real killers from being found out.

Paid of course. Lol

GC, everybody can read what it says, its there in black and white, 2 very conflicting statements written.

Seeing as you brought up financial incentives. Would you like to be paid? I heard you do.

Edited by jayjay78

Paranoid drivel.

I agree. Could you repost that court record about Ren Ren.

And the original confession, prehuman rights and changed story after human rights.

Keep those little sods right up front before we get bombarded with tales of nomsod by the noids.

Meaning. ..

Paid of course. Lol

GC, everybody can read what it says, its there in black and white, 2 very conflicting statements written.

Seeing as you brought up financial incentives. Would you like to be paid? I heard you do.

Absolutely owned.Proves to me it is a multi account.No doubt he/she will be along shortly to say you deliberately tripped him/her up like another poster hysterically claimed.

Also think it is very telling that the `witty` one never pulls up the shills on their blatant lies but is quick to jump into other posts,shows where his loyalties lie,a true legend in his own mind.

And the original confession, prehuman rights and changed story after human rights.

Keep those little sods right up front before we get bombarded with tales of nomsod by the noids.

I think, in a way, that would be giving in to trolling, but I think this outbursts of paranoia are very telling.

The full document of the verdict report is available in both the original Thai version and English translation.

Since that document reflects the outcome of the trial, where the arguments of the prosecution and defense were presented in full and contested by each other it represents the most accurate summation of relevant events and evidence about the case.

Then people can compare and contrast that with make believe scenarios and see what makes more sense.

Edited by AleG

Paranoid drivel.

Exactly part of the same tactic as I said earlier to JLC. You all tag in the boss when you have slipped up so he can come and write a couple of essays to take the focus off of your faux pas. All of you are playing from the same sheet and all doing the exact same thing over and over.

I think, in a way, that would be giving in to trolling, but I think this outbursts of paranoia are very telling.

The full document of the verdict report is available in both the original Thai version and English translation.

Since that document reflects the outcome of the trial, where the arguments of the prosecution and defense were presented in full and contested by each other it represents the most accurate summation of relevant events and evidence about the case.

Then people can compare and contrast that with make believe scenarios and see what makes more sense.

Thats a little misleading, the arguments of the prosecution and defense are certainly not presented in full, the summary is just that, a report on the judges decision and reasoning for it. The lack of defense arguments within the report is profound and appear not to have been taken into account at all, there is no mention for example of Dr Pornthips very lengthy testimony. To use this report and say it provides a piece of work that demonstrates all the relevant events is false.

Over 4,000 Pages of court reports have been gone over by the defense for the appeal. Yes all the missing arguments from the summary and points that the defense appeal will be contesting.

greenchair, on 24 Feb 2016 - 08:10, said:greenchair, on 24 Feb 2016 - 08:10, said:
JLCrab, on 24 Feb 2016 - 07:31, said:JLCrab, on 24 Feb 2016 - 07:31, said:
007cableguy, on 24 Feb 2016 - 07:20, said:007cableguy, on 24 Feb 2016 - 07:20, said:
KunMatt, on 24 Feb 2016 - 06:03, said:KunMatt, on 24 Feb 2016 - 06:03, said:I notice you do the same tactic as everyone else. You say something is impossible and demand proof and then when it is presented to you you immediate hop onto something else and change the subject.

I really wonder how many different people I'm talking to....

This guy is just here to stir the pot for his own kicks! He thinks he is entertaining with his witty words to amuse in a horrific a murder!

Thanks -- it would be much easier if saying 'Drop dead a(*&^hole' was allowed.

I really enjoyed that post.

That's right at least post something that is remotely possible, like Wei Phyo testimony to confirm he had David's phone ,that the brits kindly provided the ime thingy.

Hope JLCrab posts a lot even though he's a bit weird with his poetry. Bless.

Really? There was a time when I had to defend you from Mr. Crab.

While we've been informed as to how someone might get a speedboat from Koh Tao after a certain early morning time and then make it to the Chumphon Airport in time to board the Nok Air 7:20 AM flight to Don Muang, it has yet to be explained how one would get to the Chumphon airport terminal from the speedboat. If you look at a picture of the Chumphon Airport, the runway parallels the coast line but the terminal is on the far side of the runway from the coastline. Not easy to get from a Speedboat moored at a dock or along the coast to the terminal at that time in morning to get the flight. Are there taxis waiting for such early morning fares? Has the time for transit from the speedboat to the terminal been factored into these minute-by-minute calculations?

They have pretty much tried to blame anyone they could get a photo of on KT.

Remember the DJ with a wig ? 55555 talk about put 2+2 together and 5 (Yes we tested the hair and are now looking form some of polyester decent)

Then they posted a pic of a Thai women with blonde hair & started to try & blame her.

When the truthers refer to the B2 as midgets, adorable, puppies etc. it shows they made up there mind along time ago that these 2 were innocent and will try to make up the most ridiculous stories & muddy the waters to try & achieve there goal, not realizing they are doing more harm than good.

I am really glad, you see the funny side in all of this!

A bit childish and immature, if you ask me, but ...hey...we can not all be grown ups!

By the way: there are many ways to get to and from Samui/ Koh Tao/ Koh Phangan: via Samui Airport, via Chumporn Airport, via Surat Thani...

And FROM THE BEGINNING it was people speculating how and if it would be possible, to make it to BKK in time, if you use a speed- boat, organize a driver and board an aircraft from ANY of these airports!

But it's okay- you may have a short attention span!

Sure but that isn't a lot of time to make it to Bangkok especially if when you call your speed boat operator he is asleep with a hangover. However being a wealthy influential person and living on an island from which -- by many reports -- he might have to make a quick retreat following one of many indiscretions, he would maybe have a helicopter service on call when he is on the island with instructions to puck him up on the east side of Koh Tao.

I don't see of the funny side of 2 people murdered and 2 others rightfully or wrongfully convicted of those murders -- I just see the funny side of you.

This is a theory like many other theories, is it possible to make it to Bangkok that fast ? Yes I guess so but that would mean a lot of luck on the way ,

Nomsod was not seen on the island , he was not seen at the airport , unless airport officials suddenly decided to hide CCTV images after a call from the influential "mafia" dad. This is all far-out speculations.

DM07, on 24 Feb 2016 - 11:12, said:
NCFC, on 24 Feb 2016 - 08:57, said:
DM07, on 24 Feb 2016 - 03:55, said:

"I have seen reports claiming that David was killed with the hoe or a blunt metal instrument - at no point has the use of a weaponised shark ring been mentioned as a possible cause of his death"

Very slowly, for the mentally slow among us: no one says, that the shark ring is "the possible cause of death"!

What we are saying is, that obviously David was attacked by someone with another weapon than the hoe!

His multiple wounds don't match an attack with a hoe!

Why is this important?

Because if he was attacked by someone with a different weapon and fought that someone off, that means a few different things:

a) the theory, that he was attacked from behind, while having sex with Hannah and got struck over the head with said hoe, is blown out of the water!

b ) if he fought back and got stabbed with a shorter, sharper object...who was he attacked by? Surely not the B2, because they were (your theory, not mine!) so stupid, that they threw incriminating evidence into their backyard! Surely the short, sharp object, they used to attack David, must be found somewhere in their possession (or somewhere behind their lair of evil!).

c) No, David did not receive his injuries from a whine bottle, since there are no pieces of glass to be found near or at the crime scene!

So: let's assume David WAS attacked and injured with a sharp, small object (like a sharktooth- ring or a pushknife)- wouldn't it be interesting, by WHO he was attacked with that?

I mean obviously, he was in a fight that gave him several wounds all over his body...but we should let that go and just focus on the weapon that may or may not have delivered the fatal blow, because.....?!

Hit by a heavy piece of wood or rock which ended up in the ocean perhaps? Unlikely that a sharks tooth is sufficient to kill a fit young man.

Do I have to spell it?

It is not about if he was killed by the sharktooth ring (he most likely wasn't!), but about the fact that he was OBVIOUSLY fighting someone, using an instrument like that!

The fact, that the RTP didn't even TRY to find out about that person and simply concentrated 100% on the hoe,IS THE PROBLEM!

Because whoever inflicted these wounds on David MIGHT actually be VERY CLOSE to the real killers!

And he is NOT one of the B2!

Got it now?

The Thai autopsy clearly stated that David had defensive wounds on his hands, which suggests that he was not hit from behind and knocked out in a surprise attack.

DiscoDan, on 24 Feb 2016 - 05:53, said:

You are also forgetting the truthers think Nomsod staged the body to show that he was untouchable, then fled the island so he would not be arrested thus proving he is not untouchable.

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that Nomsod staged Hannah's body! Someone did though, and it wasn't the B2.

jayjay78, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:30, said:
bannork, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:13, said:

Sorry, but I have to respond to this as the deleted post was directed at me. The person who wrote it was bluffing and being extremely childish. Was it intended to frighten me? 555. Similar threats to Andy Hall were treated with the derision they deserved. Empty vessels make the most noise coffee1.gif

Khun Han, on 24 Feb 2016 - 13:00, said:Khun Han, on 24 Feb 2016 - 13:00, said:
jayjay78, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:30, said:jayjay78, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:30, said:
bannork, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:13, said:bannork, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:13, said:

It's pretty obvious, jayjay, that the strategy is to keep certain members of the Tuvichien family from being prosecuted for murder. That overrides all other concerns, including tourism. The B2 being scapegoated was an attempt to allay the tourism concerns

The sad fact is that nobody even cares, especially the expats on these "paradise" islands. They want everything swept under the carpet as quickly as possible so as not to disrupt their idyllic lifestyles and their businesses. They are all indebted in one way or another to the families that run these islands. Not long ago I came across an old article about the murder of Katherine Horton on Koh Samui (in 2006?) where it was stated that the expat community had closed ranks and behaved in much the same way as they are behaving now in the Koh Tao murders. The practice of omerta still reigns supreme.

Edited by IslandLover

bannork, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:13, said:bannork, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:13, said:

The sad fact is that nobody even cares, especially the expats on these "paradise" islands. They want everything swept under the carpet as quickly as possible so as not to disrupt their idyllic lifestyles and their businesses. They are all indebted in one way or another to the families that run these islands. Not long ago I came across an old article about the murder of Katherine Horton on Koh Samui (in 2006?) where it was stated that the expat community had closed ranks and behaved in much the same way as they are behaving now in the Koh Tao murders. The practice of omerta still reigns supreme.

Nobody cares? How arrogant is that! Speak for yourself...

boomerangutang, on 24 Feb 2016 - 13:58, said:
DiscoDan, on 24 Feb 2016 - 04:16, said:

JLCrab, on 24 Feb 2016 - 05:21, said:

I forgot to add another reason Thai cops didn't check into the possible fastboat/Chumpon connection: Thai cops have trouble 'thinking outside the box'. That's why they have a ww reputation for being inept at crime investigations. Sometimes they get things right, and when they do I commend them. Other times they screw up. Unfortunately for the 4 victims (2 murdered and 2 unjustly found guilty) and their families, Thai authorities opted to screen the Headman's people from scrutiny. Whether they did that for payments, we may never know, because obviously no one in authority is going to investigate a money trail. And authorities are the only people allowed to do any crime investigation in Thailand. But there are more people who will get harmed because of the completely inept investigation (or inept cover up, take your choice). There are future victims who will likely get raped and/or killed. Already there have been 3 mysterious deaths on the island in the several months since the double murder. None of those added deaths have been satisfactorily investigated. Who will be next? ....as long as dangerous heartless people are free to roam beach resorts in southern Thailand. .....allowed by RTP and Brit non-investigators to strike again, knowing they're untouchable.

Nomsod had a valid reason to be on Koh Tao on the Sunday night. It was the end of the football tournament party.

Lancashireman, on 24 Feb 2016 - 18:39, said:Lancashireman, on 24 Feb 2016 - 18:39, said:
IslandLover, on 24 Feb 2016 - 18:08, said:IslandLover, on 24 Feb 2016 - 18:08, said:

Nobody cares? How arrogant is that! Speak for yourself...

I care a great deal - about the tourists who have died in suspicious circumstances/or have been murdered on these southern Thai islands and about their families who, in many cases, are still searching for answers on what happened to their loved ones.

<snip>. He knows he has to be back in school on Monday morning, so he already has the return flight. The crime wrapped up at 5 am (my estimate). That would still leave enough time for a desperate young man (with money and help from his uncle) to get a fast boat to Chumpon, ... <snip2>

So the spoiled rich kid HAS to be in class early Monday morning -- what is this, some kind of joke? He was going to make this pre-planned 4 or 5AM 'desperate' speed boat mad dash to Chumphon airport early morning connection otherwise just so as not to be late for one of his classes?

Edited by JLCrab

"His last call was on Skype from Koh Tao hours before his death. He described the island as paradise and showed us the view from his balcony using his phone and said he was going snorkelling that day. (Sue Miller).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-35639768

Last call was hours before his death? Estimated time of death was 3-5am. Going snorkelling that day? Could that have been night snorkelling? Maybe the call was after midnight and 'that day' relates to the 'day' of the 15th as opposed to the early hours of the 15th. Sure would be good if that sim card turned up that police said was found on the beach.

Fellow Royal Thai Police Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen confirmed Mr Miller’s phone had been found discarded near the lodgings of the defendants, and that the UK’s National Crime Agency had identified the sim card as Mr Miller’s.

http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/news/koh_tao_murder_trial_defendents_did_not_have_representation_during_interrogations_court_hears_1_4211590

Fellow Thai police Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen also confirmed that Mr Miller’s phone had been found discarded near the lodgings of the defendants, and that the UK’s National Crime Agency had identified the SIM card as belonging to the Islander.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015/08/28/thai-murders-trial-confusion-over-cctv-footage/

IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity number and it is unique for all devices. However, the SIM card is something different, it is not related to your IMEI number and you cannot find your SIM card by using IMEI number. Actually, IMEI number is used to track your phone devices not the SIM card.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-find-a-sim-card-number-using-an-IMEI-number

Am I missing something here or having a grey moment? I thought it was the IMEI number of the phone that had been confirmed as being David's on the phone found behind the B2's lodgings? Now I am reading that the sim card was identified as David's???

post-222787-0-37978600-1456355679_thumb.

Oh thank you aleg for bringing that to the forum attention.

I have read parts of it, but will read in full later. The noids will certainly be upset, but at the end of the day we should read all of the information available. I see that Davids inquest is in.

Oh thank you aleg for bringing that to the forum attention.

I have read parts of it, but will read in full later. The noids will certainly be upset, but at the end of the day we should read all of the information available. I see that Davids inquest is in.

Yes better catch up on your homework seems your lagging somewhat dear, this was first brought to the forums and everyone elses attention when Andy Hall first tweeted it 5 weeks ago. [noids].............bless

Jan 13, 2016 - Andy Hall @Atomicalandy Jan 13. MWRN Justice: Koh Tao Murder Case fundraiser provides full court verdict English translation ...