Connection problems.

7by7

I have been getting problems with my connection to Thai Visa.

When I try to connect in the first place, when I try to move to a new page and, most annoyingly, when I hit the 'Post' button after typing a post or PM.

When it happens after attempting to post a reply, that reply disappears.It has just happened after I typed a lengthy reply to a PM about UK immigration which included several links to the appropriate UKVI pages, so now I have to do it all again.

My operating system is Windows 10 and it happens whether I am using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Chrome and whether I am on my PC, phone or my daughter's tablet.

If on my PC I get 'Page can not be displayed, check address, fix connection problems.'

If on phone or tablet I get 'No data received, ERR Empty response. Unable to load webpage because the server sent no details.'

This only happens with Thai Visa and, as said, happens whichever browser I use and whichever device I am using.

It can't be my internet connection because I can immediately go to other sites and if I have other windows open they still work.

Any ideas?

Please keep replies simple so this technophobe can understand them!

Yeah, I have started copying posts so I can paste them if (when) this occurs, especially lengthy ones which contain links. Not all, some simply aren't worth the bother.

But it's happening more than a few times, nearly every time I visit!

Very frustrating when pages takes ages to load because of all the ads, and then gets lost when I hit the 'Post' button!

An explanation from Admin would be nice!

I feel your pain, 7by7. It annoys me no end when I loose a post I am drafting, but fortunately it happens only once or twice a year, as I am not posting much, just generally keeping an eye on things. When it happens, my reaction is to log out of Thaivisa and do other things. If Thaivisa does not want my post, so be it. Just too bad for the member to whom I meant to reply, but it won't be the end of the world for him.

Sometimes I wish that the forum software Thaivisa uses would continuously save a draft of the post I am composing, just like Google Mail does with my email messages. I thought I once saw something about a copy of the draft being saved by Thaivisa but I can't get it any more. I must have dreamt it; I do get some strange dreams occasionally.

Doesn't happen to me only once or twice a year; it happens nearly every day!

Logging out and logging back in again sometimes helps, but not always.

Even restarting whichever device I'm using, switching to a different device and/or a different browser doesn't help either!

Whilst I do simply ignore it and maybe try to post again later if it happens in News or elsewhere, when I am replying to a member who has asked me a specific question about UK immigration, especially if they have done so via PM, I do feel somewhat obligated to reply as soon as possible.

In such situations, whether by PM or in the Visas forum, I feel the attitude of "Just too bad for the member to whom I meant to reply" simply isn't good enough.

This only happens with Thai Visa; surely there must be a reason for it?

Archived