First Time New Airport.

32x

I arrive this friday at the new airport for the first time.

In the past the wifes parked up at the old airport & met me at arrivals.

This time the brother-in-laws picking me up & like me hes never been to the new airport.

So any advice on a good meeting point?

Is there only one exit once you come threw customs? unlike the old airport where you could go either right or left to exit the airport.

This time the brother-in-laws picking me up & like me hes never been to the new airport.

Is there only one exit once you come threw customs? unlike the old airport where you could go either right or left to exit the airport.

Check out the China Air into BKK thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;hl=China+Air

Regards, BD

Regards, BD

Bloody hel_l that is confusing :D

Thanks for that tho.

I guess the best thing to do is jump into a taxi-meter to Bang-Na & meet him there by the big shopping centre :o

Who does not know starbucks coffee.....on the 3rd level....theres a starbucks...perhaps a meeting point?

I am meeting an elderly couple in their seventies who are travelling from London on Saturday.

So from what you guys say, I should tell them in advance to go to a specified exit (B or C). Is this correct?

Isn't there a designated or signposted "Meeting Point"? Or is that a silly question?

I am meeting an elderly couple in their seventies who are travelling from London on Saturday.

So from what you guys say, I should tell them in advance to go to a specified exit (B or C). Is this correct?

Isn't there a designated or signposted "Meeting Point"? Or is that a silly question?

Read the whole thread posted by bluedragon, its a big help.

Read the whole thread posted by bluedragon, its a big help.

Can you point me in the right direction please? There's 17 pages of threads here, and I can't see the one you are referring to.

Thanks.

have same problem, brother in law and pa coming to meet us and neither of them have ever been to bangkok let alone to an airport.... thank god for cell phones... , and then we all three of us have to find a place to sleep for the night in thai/issaan price range,a nd then go back to airport next day and meet child... i printed out all four maps of the levels of the airport (in english)and she gets a copy, and she is to wait at the meeting place where it is marked ont he map. i copied the maps for us too. hopefully this will help us 555555555!!

u all know there is a lsong about someone being lost on the boston subway, could this happen to a person in the airport......??

bina and anon

Hi, I copied the below from the "China Air into BKK" thread.

"There were 3 exits, simply named A,B and C. If the security official's answer to my question was reliable/correct, passengers passing through the customs would be able to view which exit they are leaving through before coming out. So, a good idea to avoid confusion is to fix an exit with your wife eg exit A, B or C. And then, tell them whether you would be turning right or left after exiting as there is no direction to show whether to go right or left.

After clearing immigration, getting your baggage, and passing customs, you will exit through either passenger Exit B or C. I'll be waiting on the same level (two) by Exit C."

I am arriving in Nov, and will tell my friend to meet me on Level TWO by Exit C.

Regards, BD

Here is the info on arriving and exiting gates.

Arrivals will come to Immigration (follow signs to Immigration or Baggage Check maybe long way out from plane.)

Before entering Hall look up and see what Baggage Caurosel your luggage will be on. Huge board over a shop area at end of walking ways.

Baggage on 1 to 6 is Domestic will exit from Door A

Baggage on 6 to 15 will exit from Door B International

Baggage on 16 to 23 will exit from Door C International

(but no signs in Arrivals Hall as yet. just Customs Nothing to Declare signs.)

Cannot confirm if that info is also on Arrivals Board outside in meeting hall or not. Best way is to say come out of Arrivals go up and meet friends above on Level 3 at the Car Park 3 Bridge entrance.

More info and pics here.

Boxers Airport guide

boxer, have printed out and laminated!! maps ... you'd think we are doing a hymalayan trek with the amount of thought going in to finding someone in this airport... everyone has got his/her map, phone numbers, strict instructions to sit and wait but again, is there a specific spot called 'MEETING PLACE'? like many airports have?? u know, a sort of fountain or something with sign that says meeting place???

boxer, have printed out and laminated!! maps ... you'd think we are doing a hymalayan trek with the amount of thought going in to finding someone in this airport... everyone has got his/her map, phone numbers, strict instructions to sit and wait but again, is there a specific spot called 'MEETING PLACE'? like many airports have?? u know, a sort of fountain or something with sign that says meeting place???

The Meeting Point is on level 3 between Arrivals go up and Departures go down but i have not seen a feature to say of, hence i say meet by Door to Bridge Car Park 3 or 2 easy to find both and from here you can see arrivals doors from above away from crowd.

The Arrivals display board out front where your friends will be meeting you has the exit letter displayed on it next to the flight information.

To the left or right of each exit it is not very busy at all, tell your friends to meet you to the left or right (you choose) of the correct exit (which they will know by looking at the arrivals board)

totster :o

i think i got it

would be easier to tell me, left at the cow barn, go past the big stand of trees, and wait by the fence where the water tanks are...... i'd find it faster.

a better question: are there public phones in all those above mentioned areas ,for lost souls to call to friends/relatives to tell them : we are by the store with the big red sign, or something along those lines??? and are there places to buy those cards for thailand, nearby??

Regards, BD

Regards, BD

i was just @ the airport yesterday. have them meet u @ gate c on the 2nd floor. That is were the greeting area is.

good luck

Regards, BD

i was just @ the airport yesterday. have them meet u @ gate c on the 2nd floor. That is were the greeting area is.

good luck

Well, I've told my elderly visitors - who have no mobile and have never been to Asia - that I will meet them at Exit C.

I'm still a bit confused though, ( I'm not so young either :o ), as you say the greeting area is at gate C, second floor, yet a previous post said there is a greeting area on the third floor. So are there lots of greeting areas just to make matters even more confusing? :D

Anyway I will stick to Gate C unless there is further enlightenment. :D

(I kid you not, if knew these people were going to get caught up in the mess of a new airport, I would never have enouraged them to come here - what with this, the reportedly unbelieveably harsh treatment by some customs officials, the visa crackdown , and all the other nationalistic things that have happened in the past few months to make Thailand a much less friendlier place than it used to be. I have a number of family coming over Christmas and New year and if they hadn't already bought their tickets, I would have told them to cancel their plans, and I certainly won't be encouraging any more friends or family to visit unless there are signs of a substantial improvement in attitude.)