Thaivisa launches two new radio stations

Jonathan Fairfield

Thaivisa Radio 1 and Radio 2 launch today

post-137452-0-69878100-1455665087_thumb.

BANGKOK:-- Thaivisa is launching two new radio stations for expats and foreigners in Thailand.

The stations will be available digitally from 6am on 17 February 2016.

Both channels include Thaivisa News and events from across key regions in Thailand throughout the day.

You can listen to Thaivisa Radio 1 and Radio 2 by visiting http://thaivisa.com/radio/, via the TuneIn app available on iOS and Android or online on the TuneIn website: Thaivisa Radio 1 - Thaivisa Radio 2.

Thaivisa Radio 1 will play feel good music for Thailand's new generation, whereas listeners to Thaivisa Radio 2 can enjoy music from the golden era.

Commenting on the launch, Dan Cheeseman, Choice Group Asia and Thaivisa.com Managing Director said: "We're really excited to launch the first and only true national digital radio network for expats and foreigners in Thailand. The launch of Thaivisa Radio 1 and Radio 2 shows our commitment to investing in and developing new services for expats in Thailand. Listeners to both stations can enjoy a great and varied selection of music, daily shows from experienced expat presenters, as well as the latest news and events information from throughout Thailand."

"Every new car has Bluetooth and in an era of the mobile phone consumer lifestyle digital radio gives people a service they want, as they can listen to the channels wherever they are and even through their car radio", Dan added.

Listen to Thaivisa Radio online here.

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-17

I would like a digital radio tuner that I can use to listen to the radio through my home WiFi. I struggle to find a good quality device to do this. I know I can hook up a laptop or phone to speakers, but I want a solution where I press a button whilst making a coffee and it works, like a VHF radio from the 70s.

Could Thaivisa offer its readers these on sale? Or does anyone know where I can get one, around the 3000-5000B range.

Several off topic and inappropriate posts have been removed from view. Constructive criticism is fine. Troll posts are not. If you have issues with this, please send us a PM. No public posts, please.

The team putting this together has worked very hard and deserves respect for what they've done. Like it or not.

wai2.gif

Thaivisa Radio 1 will play feel good music for Thailand's new generation, whereas listeners to Thaivisa Radio 2 can enjoy music from the golden era.

I have no idea what music for Thailand's "new generation" is supposed to mean, and equally so for music from "the golden era."

My father in his mid-80s probably has one era that he thinks of as the Golden Era. But I in my mid-50s have a different Golden Era for me.

Why did you choose to use such vague and meaningless descriptives, instead of just saying what styles/decades of music you're playing?

How's that for constructive?

Works on Chrome.

Personally if they stick to music and cut the yak yak it could be OK.

Nothing worse than listening to the radio only for it to be full of adverts and so called DJs in love with there own voice.

EDIT. Spoke to soon.

Jonathan in Hua Hin waffling on about something or other.sad.png

Oh well. Back to Deezer.

Edited by Eclipse

I would like a digital radio tuner that I can use to listen to the radio through my home WiFi. I struggle to find a good quality device to do this. I know I can hook up a laptop or phone to speakers, but I want a solution where I press a button whilst making a coffee and it works, like a VHF radio from the 70s.

Could Thaivisa offer its readers these on sale? Or does anyone know where I can get one, around the 3000-5000B range.

There's a great app for Android or Apple called "Tunein Radio". Pretty much any radio station in the world with a digital feed is there. Pretty brilliant!

I listened the radio 1 in the morning until it went silent at 11:30.

For me, the music is the reason to listen to the radio. So here is my wish list in general for all radio channels.

- Channel with only 2010+ pop, r&b etc music. Radio 1 was quite good, but there were some oldies like Michael Jackson, which should be dropped out.

- No talk, short hourly news updates are good

- If you have events, it might be good, if possible to have separate streams for Bangkok, Phuket etc. The difference would be the local events and possibly local news

- There is no reason to mention the radio channel name. I have already done the selection and know which channel I'm listening

- I don't care who the DJ is, just his/hers music. Please ask the DJ's to introduce themselves only at the start and end of the show

- Adds are ok as long as those are not constant

- Have a 24/7 radio so that I can turn in to the channel and leave it there.

In general, good effort. Some things to improve, which I'm sure, eventually will happen. I'll listen to the radio once again it comes live - if only I remember to do so.

Whine, whine, whine. The primary pastime of expats.

Your right I'm having a nice glass of wine with crusty bread and home made salad as I'm scrolling.

What I don't get is why TV didn't consulate their active user base

For opinions on the content. Seems logical

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I have no idea what music for Thailand's "new generation" is supposed to mean, and equally so for music from "the golden era."

My father in his mid-80s probably has one era that he thinks of as the Golden Era. But I in my mid-50s have a different Golden Era for me.

Why did you choose to use such vague and meaningless descriptives, instead of just saying what styles/decades of music you're playing?

How's that for constructive?

If you take Fibre from True you get a box with it who can do that. It also can show online tv on your hdmi-port of the tv.

My tuner has an optical in-port which is connected to that box and i can listen to the radio over the stereospeakers by that. Only problem is that box needs to be controlled by a mouse and that isn't fast but if you never turn it off it will keep playing.

You need something like that box.

I like the radiostations, Thai radiostations always talk so much after 6 pm. But i hope they also play Da Endorphine and Palmy and P-bird.

Edited by Thian

feel good music for Thailand's new generation

'Feel good music' is for old farts, not for new generations.

After listening to the music on radio 1, the music has been quite good.

I have no idea what 20-something wish to listen, but for us 40+ the music has been quite good.

As long as all the 'rap music' is out of the repetuar.