Speedboat crew member slashed by engine propeller in Krabi

webfact

Speedboat crew member slashed by engine propeller in Krabi
Eakkapop Thongtub

1455681620_1-org.jpg
Kreetha Sarawaree is given treatment before being taken to Krabi Hospital.

KRABI: -- A speedboat crew member suffered a serious wound to his back yesterday (Feb 16) when he fell from the back of his boat and was hit by the engine propeller of another vessel. The incident happened at Koh Lao La Ding in Krabi province.

Maj Suphat Hemjinda from Krabi City Police was called at 11:30am and told that 33-year-old Kreetha Sarawaree had fallen from a speedboat as he attempted to push another boat out of the way so the boat could be moored. He was hit by the propeller after falling into the water.

“Mr Sarawaree suffered a large slashed wound on his back and was immediately taken to Krabi Hospital,” Jampen Phompakdee, Koh Hong Park Chief told police.

Maj Suphat explained that Mr Kreetha was a crew member of a speedboat named Ao Nang Photo. The boat had dropped off tourist at Koh Lao La Ding and was waiting at the pier. Another speedboat, Srisawat, was attempting to moor at the pier but it was too crowded.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/speedboat-crew-member-slashed-by-engine-propeller-in-krabi-56253.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-17

Things are changing in Thailand.

First we have a Korean getting drugged by a ladyboy rather than the usual Indians.

And now we have the speedboat drivers running over each other rather than their tourist passengers.

Just WHAT is going on?? blink.pngcoffee1.gif

Those propellers can be mighty dangerous if ya don't watch out !! normally it's a tourist but now the team are gettin into the action !!

The water in the south is a very dangerous place to venture ..... snorkelers don't surface, boats run over tourists .... mafia owned bars who know how to cover up anything.

The place is crazy ............. !! crazy.gif

When I started to read the OP , I was expecting a story about how someone had fallen into the engine compartment, and been slashed by the engine propeller (fan). I thought this would be impossible.

Then I read and now I know it is the usual non-existent standard of Thai journalism, He fell into the water and was slashed by the propeller (i.e. the drive propeller).

Yawn !!

Archived