Internet Best supply in Chumphon?

stupidfarang

3bb and I rarely have a problem. Very easy to submit support tickets via online form (can use mobile internet when power or landline internet is down, or email them. I have the 590 plan which is now 10Mb down and 1Mb up. I have My by Cat as backup mobile internet connection which I think is important for anyone who needs to stay connected (have an independent mobile internet plan as well).

However,a friend of mine recently switched to True cable. It came with internet + basic cable for either 700 or 800 baht/mo. His wife took care of everything. But he said that part of the switch was because it was the same amount of money more or less, but with free tv as well. Not sure what happens when a storm comes through. But if you are in Chumphon town, shouldn't be much of a problem.

I would get the cheapest modem they have (100 baht / 1 year warranty) and then buy my own separate router (dlink, asus, etc). You have better control over the quality. You buy their router and the wifi etc quality is usually crap.

What will you be using the internet for?

3bb and I rarely have a problem. Very easy to submit support tickets via online form (can use mobile internet when power or landline internet is down, or email them. I have the 590 plan which is now 10Mb down and 1Mb up. I have My by Cat as backup mobile internet connection which I think is important for anyone who needs to stay connected (have an independent mobile internet plan as well).

However,a friend of mine recently switched to True cable. It came with internet + basic cable for either 700 or 800 baht/mo. His wife took care of everything. But he said that part of the switch was because it was the same amount of money more or less, but with free tv as well. Not sure what happens when a storm comes through. But if you are in Chumphon town, shouldn't be much of a problem.

I would get the cheapest modem they have (100 baht / 1 year warranty) and then buy my own separate router (dlink, asus, etc). You have better control over the quality. You buy their router and the wifi etc quality is usually crap.

What will you be using the internet for?

Thank you for the info, interesting about the router will follow your advice. I need a very good connection for work in the UK, will need good Skype connection when I need to call the UK about two times a week. I will not be on the internet all day every day just want a service that is reliable. Is True via a dish or can you get cable? Are you in Chumphon area?

I think true is cable, but i will check or you can ask around in it forum.

So you can get 590 or 890 plan....i think you can start with 590 + a separate dtac/ais (prepaid) or my cat (postpaid) backup. If you have smartphone (android/iOS), you are good to go with skype, LINE, Viber, whatsApp, etc.

I recommend a connection stablizer if your mobile keeps getting dropped such as:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.connectionstabilizerbooster

I stay near thung wua laen beach in saphli. You can send PM with a local # if you want to connect on LINE.

I think true is cable, but i will check or you can ask around in it forum.

So you can get 590 or 890 plan....i think you can start with 590 + a separate dtac/ais (prepaid) or my cat (postpaid) backup. If you have smartphone (android/iOS), you are good to go with skype, LINE, Viber, whatsApp, etc.

I recommend a connection stablizer if your mobile keeps getting dropped such as:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.connectionstabilizerbooster

I stay near thung wua laen beach in saphli. You can send PM with a local # if you want to connect on LINE.

Hi

Thank you for the info, am back in April but only for a week then Back in late June, will be looking at living in the city, like Thung Wua Laen beach and the area have spent a lot of time there. Will PM you when I get back there in June.

Archived