People Watching and the funny things you see

neverdie

Its always been a bit of a faviourite past time of mine, to sit back in a cafe somewhere and watch the world go by. Its amazing the sights that you see and its always good for a laugh.

Over the years, both in Thailand and outside Thailand that I have been amazed at how some folk seem to always manage to have pets that seam to display similar traits. For example, I saw a Thai lass walking down the soi one day and she was carrying a little dog. Im not sure exactly what sort of dog it was, but it had tight curly black hair and little pug face, my eyes drifted between the dogs face and the girls and there was a remarkable resembelance.

Another day at a completely different location a guy went past me leading an old horse, I was really taken back by the mans long face, it was very 'horsey' indeed.

One day at Chatachuk market I saw a young guy with beedy little eyes, a pointy button nose and unremarkable lips playing with mice in a cage. I soon realised that this was the guy selling the mice and he seemed to have much admiration for them. His face was very mousy.

I have noticed this same phenomenanum in Australia too, tall skinny people leading greyhounds or whippets around, old ladies with tightly permed hair carrying their poodles.

Theres also this lady that I know, she actually lives in South East Asia, but its not Thailand. She quite an unattractive woman, whe has thin straggly blond hair, spotted skin and shes got chubby little limbs those 'upper arm bingo wings' that old grannies tend to develope. Her face if very piglike. Dispite her ugly appearance she seems to think shes very attractive and is always dressing up and strutting around the place like shes all that. The other day I saw a cartoon, which was a picture of a pig wearing lipstick and a dress and I immediately thought of this woman. It got me to thinking, wouldnt it be funny if she had a pet pig!

So I was wondering, has anyone else very noticed this type of thing?

Don't they say everyone has a double?

Im not so sure that is true, young julia.......but i guess anything is possible.

Ive never seen a woman that looks like a pig before, surely theres only one of her. Interestingly, did you know that if you put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig?

Im not so sure that is true, young julia.......but i guess anything is possible.

Ive never seen a woman that looks like a pig before, surely theres only one of her. Interestingly, did you know that if you put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig?

I have never seen a woman who looks like a pig, however, I have met a couple with pig attitudes and pig like habits. Unfortunately, the poor woman you speak of cannot help how she looks. What annoys me are the types who pretend to be something they're not and easily

manipulate others, with little regard to the damage their actions cause.

I have never seen a woman who looks like a pig, however, I have met a couple with pig attitudes and pig like habits. Unfortunately, the poor woman you speak of cannot help how she looks. What annoys me are the types who pretend to be something they're not and easily

So I guess what you are trying to say BJ is, a pig is a pig no matter how much lipstick you put on it. Is that right?

The lipstick is part of the pig's mask, but it can only change the exterior. I encountered a person -not in Thailand- who, no matter how they dressed, no matter what they did or tried to say, was always filled with self-loathing and craves public approbation. Inevitably, this self-serving spilled over into their people, who didn't appreciate the constant overt craving for attention: they became the cause of all that person's misfortunes (in that person's opinion) Friends, no matter how hard they may have tried to remain such, left in their droves, tired of the abuse and attention-seeking.

We remain in touch - the friends that is, but the protagonist is no longer welcome in that circle....but that is our fault, of course. We occasionally exchange news of what our former friend has done, but not often as there are far better things to do, like maintaining true friendships.

People who mask/disguie/embellish their true personalities (almost inevitably unsuccessfully) usually suffer from sociopathic tendencies and tend to have fragile egos. It's a shame so many cannot make and keep real friends, as they could perhaps improve their lives and ease their discontent and self-employed isolation.

The person who I was talking about now lives a rather solitary life with shallow, passing friendships: the only lasting one seems to be with the bottle, and other 'medication'. Som nam na. Th'on Karma's a right batch, eh?

Edited by Rob8891

The lipstick is part of the pig's mask, but it can only change the exterior. I encountered a person -not in Thailand- who, no matter how they dressed, no matter what they did or tried to say, was always filled with self-loathing and craves public approbation. Inevitably, this self-serving spilled over into their people, who didn't appreciate the constant overt craving for attention: they became the cause of all that person's misfortunes (in that person's opinion) Friends, no matter how hard they may have tried to remain such, left in their droves, tired of the abuse and attention-seeking.

We remain in touch - the friends that is, but the protagonist is no longer welcome in that circle....but that is our fault, of course. We occasionally exchange news of what our former friend has done, but not often as there are far better things to do, like maintaining true friendships.

People who mask/disguie/embellish their true personalities (almost inevitably unsuccessfully) usually suffer from sociopathic tendencies and tend to have fragile egos. It's a shame so many cannot make and keep real friends, as they could perhaps improve their lives and ease their discontent and self-employed isolation.

The person who I was talking about now lives a rather solitary life with shallow, passing friendships: the only lasting one seems to be with the bottle, and other 'medication'. Som nam na. Th'on Karma's a right batch, eh?

Interesting, although you sure do use big words, somewhat confusing for us blue colar workers. :D

I wondered about people looking similar to their pets and wondered if this was a conscious or sub conscious thing when chosing the pet.

Next time you head out, look for people walking dogs and see if you can spot what i mean. People with partos normally have wild hair styles, physical people have active dogs, i suppose that last one only makes sense, but i see this every day.

As for people that wear masks and carry on the way you describe, i guess theres probably no animal suited to them. Not sure.

bangkokjulia

"Don't they say everyone has a double?"

neverdie

"Im not so sure that is true, young julia.......but i guess anything is possible.

Ive never seen a woman that looks like a pig before, surely theres only one of her. Interestingly, did you know that if you put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig?"

bangkokjulia

"I have never seen a woman who looks like a pig, however, I have met a couple with pig attitudes and pig like habits. Unfortunately, the poor woman you speak of cannot help how she looks. What annoys me are the types who pretend to be something they're not and easily

manipulate others, with little regard to the damage their actions cause."

neverdie

"So I guess what you are trying to say BJ is, a pig is a pig no matter how much lipstick you put on it. Is that right?"

bangkokjulia

Your assumption is correct.

Edited by bangkokjulia

but....but....but... THEY don't cause any damage, it is THE OTHERS who cause damage, don't y'know?? coffee1.gif

Actually a Psychology study in the USA a while back confirmed exactly what you have observed (that many pet owners subconsciously pick pets that somewhat resemble themselves) .

Is that right?

Fascinating.

I wonder if you can indicate where one might find information about this?

Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever seen a woman who looks like a horse? There's a clue somewhere in this thread.

Have you ever seen a woman who looks like a horse? There's a clue somewhere in this thread.

Come on poss, u know I'm getting too old to follow clues, just spit it out 55555