Where to replace iPhone battery in Bangkok?

PT4

iPhone battery slowly dying after several years of faithful service. Where to get it replaced in Bangkok? I would appreciate name & location of shops that do this repair, with emphasis on careful workmanship. Not looking for cheapest.

Want to avoid the chaos in MBK. Eastern Bangkok would be ideal. Is there anything around Rhamkamhaeng 1 or 2?

(I already know about YouTube, DIY "kits", Apple stores, and battery "banks". No need to repeat that.)

Thank you.

Happy to help you out with this question.

I've used a variety of different apple phones 4/5 now 6, and other apple products (iPad and Macbook also). I was always having issue with broken screens, or water contact given the nature of my job and found these guys a couple of years ago http://www.drsmartphone.net/en/ they are located in central bankok, near Asoke in the Fico Building, always a good job, good after sales service, honest buisness (which is always a nice touch), run by a couple called Tik and Arno (Dutch chap)... I dont give recommendations very often for services in Thailand, but have no problem recommending these guys.

Cheers, Genset...

I always do it myself . Simple

Not simple..simple if you have the tools and knowledge..a little lacking on YOUR reply ...so I will fill ya in..

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-5-Replacement-Battery/IF118-001-2

Here you can order complete kit with battery...now that is simple..no just say simple...simple mind ... better ya give full instructions... not boasting simple..you are simple.. simply learn more before you post!

Not simple..simple if you have the tools and knowledge..a little lacking on YOUR reply ...so I will fill ya in..

Here you can order complete kit with battery...now that is simple..no just say simple...simple mind ... better ya give full instructions... not boasting simple..you are simple.. simply learn more before you post!

I hate to sound like Arno's marketing department (in which case you owe me a drink mate...), but he will not only sell you one of these kits (a better looking one i might add), but also show you how to use it. He is an ethical businessman, even if he is a bit on the short side :) sorry mate, couldnt resist...

Cheers Genset.

I hate to sound like Arno's marketing department (in which case you owe me a drink mate...), but he will not only sell you one of these kits (a better looking one i might add), but also show you how to use it. He is an ethical businessman, even if he is a bit on the short side smile.png sorry mate, couldnt resist...

Cheers Genset.

I believe he does not sell the kits directly to the public through his shop. They can only be purchased through Lazada. He does have a video showing people how to replace the battery. At the shop, they will replace the battery though. This is exactly what the OP wants.

Do not trust Smart Bar "authorized Service Provider" at Fortune Town. They juiced my MacBook Air when I came in for a simple question. They claim they were doing a diagnostic. I never asked for that they just plugged something in which ruined everything. I had take it to a I Studio where my friend has a friend who is a manager who cleaned it out, but it's still not the same. I have to wait to go back to New York to get it working right or junking it. Smart Bar has 3 locations, avoid at all costs.

I hate to sound like Arno's marketing department (in which case you owe me a drink mate...), but he will not only sell you one of these kits (a better looking one i might add), but also show you how to use it. He is an ethical businessman, even if he is a bit on the short side smile.png sorry mate, couldnt resist...

Cheers Genset.

I believe he does not sell the kits directly to the public through his shop. They can only be purchased through Lazada. He does have a video showing people how to replace the battery. At the shop, they will replace the battery though. This is exactly what the OP wants.

Hmmm i stand to be corrected, but i was there a couple of weeks ago, and he has the kits for sale on the counter, not sure they come with a battery, but he would be happy to sell one to go with a kit I'm sure. And yes, as you suggested, if you look on the website he has a few YouTube vidoes showing precisely how to disassemble phones, I made a suggestion that if he paid for a cute lingerie model to act as his workbench as he produced those videos, he'd probably get a lot more business... not sure his missus would approve though :)

Cheers Genset.

Hmmm i stand to be corrected, but i was there a couple of weeks ago, and he has the kits for sale on the counter, not sure they come with a battery, but he would be happy to sell one to go with a kit I'm sure. And yes, as you suggested, if you look on the website he has a few YouTube vidoes showing precisely how to disassemble phones, I made a suggestion that if he paid for a cute lingerie model to act as his workbench as he produced those videos, he'd probably get a lot more business... not sure his missus would approve though smile.png

Cheers Genset.

I asked him about 2 months ago, and he stated that I needed to go to Lazada to get the kit and battery. He may have changed his mind about that since then. Either way, highly recommend his services. He is a stand-up guy, and I would not have any hesitation returning should I need something for my own iPhone.

My iphone 4S is currently in all its smallest pieces. The steps to get to the battery are not that complicated. The steps to get to the screen replacement really try your patience. Since I replaced the screen, I paused to order a replacement battery as an after thought. Today it arrives and rebuild continues.

I think replacing the battery is not complicated. I think replacing the screen has been a real SOB for me though. The screen would not align on 4 holes. I had to use JB Weld in the corners otherwise I could not reassemble. Now sitting on the table for a week. I don't think the Mrs will think me so wise next time "I can fix it." In 50s with mag glass, tools, lights, etc., my fingers were impossibly large for these screws (lost 1 also).

But the battery? That's not the hard part. Good luck.

post-201392-0-46788000-1455882661_thumb.

If you have an iPhone and do any type of repair then you will have a problem next time you upgrade the iOOS. Your phone will be locked and worthless.

Try to ensure you use an Authorised Apple repair facility.

This was happening only when the finger scanner was replaced. It was a security function so people couldn't install a rigged scanner and bypass security. Apple has now issued fixes for those disabled phones.

• 2 weeks later...

Genset wrote: "www.drsmartphone.net ... I dont give recommendations very often for services in Thailand, but have no problem recommending these guys."

Smileplur wrote: "I also recommend Dr Smart Phone."

Rhodie wrote: "Let us know how you get on."

Yesterday I went to Dr. Smart Phone for this new battery. Quick service: a few minutes and it was done.

I asked if batteries have different levels of quality. Answer: "We have only good quality here."

Would have been cheaper at MBK. Thai neighbor paid 700 baht there to replace his iPhone battery (same model). Dr. Smart Phone: 990 baht. I was happy to pay that to avoid crowds and chaos at MBK. And I much prefer European approach to workmanship, rather than submit to the tender mercies of technicians at MBK.

I have an old iPhone 5 that I use as a spare and it would not last a full day on the original battery. Having read the positive comments here regarding Dr. Smartphone, I had my battery replaced there for 990 baht last week. Honestly, the battery holds charge at least as good if not better than the phone did when it was new. Yes, they do have good quality there.

• 8 months later...

Plan to give Dr Smartphone a try next month.  My iPhone 6 is down to about 70% of original capacity.  Bit reluctant to change the battery as the last couple of times I did it with older iPhones I find it's great for the first few months, then craps out worse than it was before replacement.

I dearly wish they'd stop the obsession with ultra-slim and produce a phone that can go 2-3 days on a charge (e.g. thicker, not the size of the Plus phones).

On March 5, 2016 at 9:41 AM, PT4 said:

Yesterday I went to Dr. Smart Phone for this new battery. Quick service: a few minutes and it was done.

I asked if batteries have different levels of quality. Answer: "We have only good quality here."

Would have been cheaper at MBK. Thai neighbor paid 700 baht there to replace his iPhone battery (same model). Dr. Smart Phone: 990 baht. I was happy to pay that to avoid crowds and chaos at MBK. And I much prefer European approach to workmanship, rather than submit to the tender mercies of technicians at MBK.

I have used the services of a kiosk on the top floor of Terminal 21 for years. Name is Matching Mobile. 

Great quality batteries and the dexterity of a Swiss watchmaker and fair prices.

Mine's at 80%. But it's still crap. I think in addition to the capacity vs design capacity it's the state the battery is in. Not sure how much you use the phone or what for but I use internet reliant apps a lot. Even at 80% I find it plunges fast when I start to use nav or chat apps to such an extent that I have to carry a power back around. Crap really.

Sent using Tapatalk

My mate's iPhone 6 battery was at 70% and the Apple Store back in UK just replaced his phone with a new/refurbished iPhone 6. This was last week before he returned to work overseas. A bit of complaining works wonders, however, in Thailand we don't have official Apple stores.

In Thailand, the Authorised Apple reseller stores will offer a free replacement/exchange service on faulty goods if they're within the 12 months warranty and have proof of a receipt.

After the one year warranty, they offer a replacement/exchange on iPhones & iPads for a refurbished equivalent at a substantially reduced price. 

Archived