Drowned To Life

GracelessFawn

Last night, I walked the streets of Ramkhamhaeng and Sukhumvit with 3 other gal friends. It was a bit tiring in the end, but I still had loads of fun.

My christmas shopping is finally done! I found a dress, bought all the Xmas gifts for home, bought gifts for the secret Santa at work, etc.

The only problem is this..... I fell inlove with a pillow. This pillow is very soft and cuddly, plus the pillowcase is delicately embroidered, it's color vibrant, wonderful and posh! I've decided to keep the pillow! I know that might sound a little bit greedy, but............ Now, I am one gift short! (I also need to buy a gift for my bestfriend....... Arrgghhhhhhhh.)

Ah, well. I guess, this calls for another hour or two of browsing and shopping.

PS MiG, take note, I had fun -(minus) alcohol. Kinda neat!

Hush, I hope you had fun in Zantika! Cheers ghurl! Party on............

Edited by GracelessFawn

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great weekend. Started Friday at the Dubliner where Dennis Taylor (Ex snooker player) joined Lee Shamrock on the stage and told some very amusing jokes. Saturday basically involved jumping from bar to bar looking for the best place to watch the football, and drinking far too much. Licking my wounds today though.

did this turn temporarily into the indian restaurants guide?? :D those that really wanna know the BEST indian restaurant in town...you wont find them in big hotels or sukhumvit area :D

now back to the thread.....Ive been maintaining my responsible drinking attitude...so moving towards wine at home over dinner with some friends :D (and no not my place nor my cooking, i just deliver the wine :D )

might head out to cafe democ at some point this week though...

hush.....zantika....never been my fav place...i have a dislike for huge places....but many seem to enjoy it there for some reason....

and yes fawny...definitely fun to be had without the alcohol :o alcohol just merely adds to my natural sense of silliness and craziness :D

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend...

MiG-- I'll tune in to your restaurant reviews, so keep us updated...

Back to topic..

Saturday night: Started with a good Japanese dinner at Torajiro at Japanese Village on Thonglo Soi 13-- always good; one of my fave Japz rest. They have really fresh sashimi and other japanese dishes ahh and with Asahi Beer. Then ended up partying at Escudo (thonglo). Not really fond of that place, but went with a bunch of friends and was fun. After a couple of bottles of vodka, everyone was hungry so went to the pak soi of Thonglo-- I think its called Jok55-- and savoured our hungry tummies with nice Thai food!!!

Sunday: usual staying at home (thank God no hangover from the night before)..

Oh MiG-- if you like wines, I recommend V9 at Sofitel Hotel. They have a good wine selection there and pretty reasonable prices. That's where my gals and I hang out for chill night.. Maybe we can do it when we finally arrange the long awaited Ladies night.. :o

Early Xmas party last night.............

Then, a bunch of us headed to Country Road, Asok. (I'm not really found of the place, but it's a cheap watering hole.)

Two hours later, we were at Gulliver's. I believe it is in Soi 5, Nana. I had about 8 Tequila shots, then a few cocktails. It was good fun! (This place close v early though.)

After being ushered-out of Gulliver's, we walked around some and found this local place selling bar and food on the street. We were there for a few hours as well.

I stumbled home at about 3AM.

What a night!

Today, I'm meeting a friend over at 1PM for some drinks.

For now, I need to crawl back to bed...................................

I was in Banglampu Area yesterday afternoon. (Had a few glasses of my fav drink - whiskey+coke.)

I'm not quiet sure where I'm heading this week-end. Thinking. Hmmmmm. This is a long week-end so I can't just stay home and twiddle my fingers............... Ah well, we'll see.

Any suggestions?

I've given up drinking, and sadly am becoming a hermit...

25 y/o non drinkers aren't very popular. All the people I used to go out with, don't even call me anymore.

I don't mind it though. I'm nice and fit again, and desiring to walk places I would have taken a motorbike to in the past.

I want to go out tonight, seeing as I haven't in days and days, but as I'm not drinking.... maybe go sit at mbk and people watch

I want to go out tonight, seeing as I haven't in days and days, but as I'm not drinking.... maybe go sit at mbk and people watch

Slated --- I used to go to pubs and drink coke...so nothing wrong with still enjoying the atmosphere/music/background/setting etc....you dont always need to drink alcohol there :o only prob might be depending who you go with..there may be some pressure to drink. when I did that, there was no problem at all, cos in those days I didnt drink alcohol at all. a bit harder if you used to drink and deciding to stop...but still can be done i believe :D

cheers....(with coke...or water...or iced chocolate...whichever you fancy) :D

25 y/o non drinkers aren't very popular. All the people I used to go out with, don't even call me anymore.

I don't mind it though. I'm nice and fit again, and desiring to walk places I would have taken a motorbike to in the past.

Good for you Slated! Congratulations Mate.

I know what you mean about peers and all that....... Maybe, you need to find new friends, especially people who doesn't drink or people who are trying to quit drinking.

More power mate!

Keep well away from Fawny then. As you can read she does take a convivial dozen or so quite often.

The Beer Garden at Future Park. :D . Beer, friends, pretty good music, tasty food, and great conversation in Thai and English. Great time, but I should of waited for the weekend. Today at work was not fun :o:D

I know what you mean..... Although, I don't get hangovers I've witnessed it myself. (Most of my ghurl friends look pale, shaky and wan the morning after a crazy night of drinking.)

Back to the topic, I just got home. I had dinner at MK Restaurant in Major Cineplex - Sukhumvit, with my bestfriend. I never ordered any alcoholic beverage though. ^ / ^ I ain't drinking this week-end. Ya think????

I was at a friend's bridal shower yesterday afternoon. She decided she didn't want to get married while she was about to star opening gifts. So the inevitable happened. Our gifts were returned and to cheer her up we.......................... Of course, we still partied!

After that, we went to the theater to watch de javu. Great movie.

I was at the Suan Lum night bazaar last night with the one and only Terry57 and a few mates and we got stuck into a few 3 litre towers of dark, strong, German ales ... :D

One of my mates bought along a load of sliced beef, salami, ham and crusty bread .... boooooootiful :D

My head feels like it's in a vice this morning ... :o

One of my mates bought along a load of sliced beef, salami, ham and crusty bread .... boooooootiful :o

Sounds very nice.

I'll tell you what Dan, the word I used last night to describe the sensation inflicted upon my tastebuds was EXQUISITE ... :D

This is a mouth-watering conversation!

One of my mates bought along a load of sliced beef, salami, ham and crusty bread .... boooooootiful :D

Sounds very nice.

I'll tell you what Dan, the word I used last night to describe the sensation inflicted upon my tastebuds was EXQUISITE ... :D

This is a mouth-watering conversation!

I'll tell you another thing Miss Fawn, it was sooo good that I might have to go back soon and do it all again ... :o

hush..if i had to guess Id say you are a youngen :o i was last there about 2 weeks ago? and I think Im getting too old for that place..well was never really my favorite...but end up there when friends wanna go. its good music....but sometime the crowd isnt really what i prefer. works ok if im in a big group of my own...5 people or so. but when im with 1 or 2 other friends it doesnt seem to be that good....

but i guess from tomorrow i will be out partying non stop again.... :D hence i had to take a break for a few days last week...my friend arrives tomorrow afternoon :D will keep you gals (and guys) posted of our adventures :D but this time no gay bar visits for us :D

Going to Bed Supperclub... anyone going??? Time to take my dancing shoes out there...haven't been there for ages...

I live around the corner from there and have walked by it every night for 5 years. I have never entered the place and never will. It looks like a major fire hazard and looks cheesy. Nothing but posers lining up to go in who think they're going some place really "cool". Loud blaring annoying Hip Hop. Designer graffiti on the parking lots walls. Totally Bogus Place Man