How many "farangs" live in Thailand?

ExpatOilWorker

And me......But who knows if I may be chucked out.........whistling.gif .........This ain't the UK law stuff for sure....sad.png

"And me"

are you sure? have you held a spoon in front of your mouth latelytongue.png

Well no............

ol' Trans is a knife and fork kinda guy..........laugh.png

I thought you were a legs man 555

I believe the 3 areas with the most farangs is Bangkok,ChiangMai,and Udonthani.Also many farangs have resisents on the islands.

I almost forgot Phuket and Pattaya.How many farangs actually are living in Thailand not sure.But it's not A small number

I consider this as a serious and legitimate question.

Cheers.

Lets get serious then. Here are some guestimates (http://www.dougsrepublic.com/thailand/foreigners.php) that adds up to:

UK + Germany + USA + France + Australia + Sweden + Holland = 204,000 in Thailand.

The remaining European countries, NZ, Canada and Latin America probably add another 200,000, so best estimate at this time is 400,000.

Why do you want to know, are you a journalist?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Just a curious cat taking a morning walk and wondering about the big questions in life.

Your coded answer is correct. You can pm now but this info is highly sensitive, and.. Highly expensive for obvious reasons

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Too many? Not enough? How long is a piece of string? Who cares?

Thanks for your groundbreaking insight contribution.[/quote..... You are very welcome... thanks for your effort in reply, expert comment and precise criticism. While slightly sarcastic, my comment was that IMO many others likely care less about such a statistic.

Too many? Not enough? How long is a piece of string? Who cares?

Thanks for your groundbreaking insight contribution.[/quote..... You are very welcome... thanks for your effort in reply, expert comment and precise criticism. While slightly sarcastic, my comment was that IMO many others likely care less about such a statistic.

In this very moment somebody out there are discussing the finer details of Beethoven's 5th Symphony, but I don't crash their conversation and tell them it is retarded music by a dead guy, I simply stay away.

Why do westerners living in Thailand refer to themselves as farangs, especially on a forum like this that is mostly full of westerners? I never would think of calling myself anything but an American and I'd never refer to any of you as farangs.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do westerners living in Thailand refer to themselves as farangs, especially on a forum like this that is mostly full of westerners? I never would think of calling myself anything but an American and I'd never refer to any of you as farangs.

You are from Peru???

They are also Americans, but I guess the gringos north of the border feel there is only one Muerica.