Living offgrid with small solar system(s)

George Harmony

Naam's post # 824;- "most of your questions are not silly but based on your stubbornness and refusal to acquire some simple basic knowledge" and accept that energy output can never be equal or exceed energy input.

Not knocking George, no way, never, but to think Naam that there's a whole lot of inventors out there in cuckoo land who firmly believe in "over one" efficiency machines.

Seems like many have believed and made machines but just cant quite get it going like it should. Funny about that eh.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE guys lets not "go there" in this forum and pray none of those idiots are watching this.

Again; No ideas thrown into the hat should be dismissed.

Go easy sometimes "gentleman" Naam. smile please.

"they" are believing in and trying for "over one" efficiency since a thousand years.

two multiplied by two can never exceed the value four.

2 + 2 = 4

2.3 + 2.3 = 4.6

By rounding up and down numbers above and below 0.5 we get 2 + 2 = 5

2 + 2 = 4

2.3 + 2.3 = 4.6

and if we use a mirror to look at it we get 10 smile.png

next thing to expect (hard evidence presented by a yewtoob clip) is a solar-powered aircon which -besides being able to provide cooling and heating- generates surplus energy to be fed in the grid.

2 + 2 = 4

2.3 + 2.3 = 4.6

and if we use a mirror to look at it we get 10 smile.png

next thing to expect (hard evidence presented by a yewtoob clip) is a solar-powered aircon which -besides being able to provide cooling and heating- generates surplus energy to be fed in the grid.

clap2.gif

I can't read them all..!! ironically my cousin started the solar business in Hawaii with the hot water devices. the solar heart thermal siphon system was ok..then came the brass (wet) system which had the tank down stairs which required a solar panel up on the roof to move the water.. they have a steam vent when it gets too hot.

Aircon: I saw Mitsubishi units all over Asia..dehumidifier, hepa (micron) filter.. remote control!!!

This thread gets you a degree ..

Edited by KonaRain

ph34r.png

Tesla is selling a 70kWh battery that is secretly a 75kWh battery. The company has been selling them for almost a month, and is just now telling the world about it. Even better? If you bought one of those 70kWh Model S sedans, you can pay $3,250 to "unlock" the extra juice. Bizarre? Absolutely. But maybe brilliant, too.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/05/the-refreshed-tesla-model-s-70-lets-you-pay-to-unlock-a-bigger-battery.html

An over-unity device. .

KonaRain, please expect that "over-unity" will pop up like "super capacitors" did for a while they did about 20 pages back. And most of iyt will come from Naam. Smile please.

Hey guys, one hour ago I retired from being a technician after 57 years working. There wont be enough hours in the day for projects like over unity now. Smile.

An over-unity device. .

KonaRain, please expect that "over-unity" will pop up like "super capacitors" did for a while they did about 20 pages back. And most of iyt will come from Naam. Smile please.

Hey guys, one hour ago I retired from being a technician after 57 years working. There wont be enough hours in the day for projects like over unity now. Smile.

Congratulations Jing Joe clap2.gif. Now you can get on with your proper job............ if you can ever find the time. thumbsup.gif

And here is a demonstration. If its a hoax then i buy @naam a dinner at a michelin restaurant ...... And his wife is welcome also and you can order chateau lafite on my expenses.

why do you keep on with irrelevant babbling? nobody denies that solar powered airconditioning is possible if sufficient solar energy is available.

the latter does not even require photovoltaic electricity. concentrated heat can do the trick when absorber technology is applied.

blatant lies are claims from snake oil sellers that a cooling capacity of 16,000 btu/h can be achieved with an energy input of 800 watts. only an absolute ignoramus falls for that rubbish.

can any kind soul explain to me the ignore function?

Just pasted an article. Blame the writer of that article.

An SEER of 10 is very common so that would mean each AC needs 800 W to move 8000 BTU per hour.

Insulation materials can not create cool air. Curtains, floating roofs, trees can not create cool air. Fans can not create cool air. BUT, the combination of using passive cooling and fans can lower the inside temp of a space for example my small living room. I sweat then like a pig when i go outside on a hot day and prefers to stay inside....

If you cook and in a small kitchen and there is an exhaust fan, would the exhaust fan blow hot air out and will the kitchen room temp be lower??

The famous words of clinton: I did not have sex with that woman. Did he have sex or not?

Using fans can cool a space or not?

Indeed George, a SEER of 10 is pretty common. That 48V aircon linked to earlier has a claimer SEER of 20! Possible if it's a solar hybrid but of course that won't apply at night.

No amount of shading etc can lower the temperature below ambient (but they can reduce the temperature rise). An evaporative cooler can, but they don't work well in humid environments.

If you cook in your kitchen and exhaust the hot air, the temperature in the kitchen will not rise as much as it would without the fan, but it won't become any lower than it would if you were not cooking.

Actually, an SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of 10 is pretty low guys - SEER ratings appear to be easily manipulated to achieve very high numbers too.

IMHO, EER is the rating that matters if you want to understand actual energy efficiency. EER is pure BTU / Watts, with no funky adjustments or algorithms for seasonal energy usage.

As an example, on of my newer big Daikins can do 29,000 BTU with a max. power consumption of 2390 Watts. That's an EER of 12.13. The SEER rating of that same AC is 18.63.

The smallest in that range does 8,700 BTU with 490 watts = an EER of 17.76. The SEER rating on that one is 23.76.

• Like 1

@crossy,

We know that blackhose in the sun can give you warm or even hot water when you flow water in. There is an inlet and outlet. How about if the blackhose is in a freezer or copper pipes.

Suppose i put copper pipes in a freezer with 2 holes for inlet and outlet. The pipes get cold. I dont want to store water or make ice but flow water through that copper pipes. Lets say the incoming water is 26c. Will the outcoming water be cooler?? If so, how much colder will the outlet be if inside the freezer is lets say -2c ??

As an example the shape is round and will be placed on the bottom of the freezer as wide as the inside space of the feeezer. Outside the freezer the pipes is a closed circuit.

post-177483-0-75743900-1462535966_thumb.

George. The basic rule for freezers is to keep them fully stocked at all times. This will store the coldness. Any spaces in the freezers are air which holds neither heat nor cold. Placing your coil in the freezer is worth a try but keep the freezer full of something else also.

Crossy, if I put my head in the freezer, how long should it take to make me smarter? Assuming a fully stocked freezer of course.

the smartness increment factor depends on a number of variables. please describe details such as potentially existing holes for in and out and if a spiraled copper pipe is attached to these holes.

Lets say i want to have a cold shower. I have a coolbox of 40ltr and a pump that circulates the water through the copper pipes as described above. Incoming pipe into the blakchose model copper pipe and one outcoming pipe both good insulated, no leaks for loss of temp in freezer. Also pipes from and to the coolbox is insulated. Thus i circulate the water with watersource the coolbox. Distance between freezer and coobox 1m. With other words the pipe in the freeZer functions as "cold-exchanger" . How cold is it after lets say 1-2 hours circulating.

Edited by George Harmony

Lets say i want to have a cold shower. I have a coolbox of 40ltr and a pump that circulates the water through the copper pipes as described above. Incoming pipe into the blakchose model copper pipe and one outcoming pipe both good insulated, no leaks for loss of temp in freezer. Also pipes from and to the coolbox is insulated. Thus i circulate the water with watersource the coolbox. Distance between freezer and coobox 1m. With other words the pipe in the freeZer functions as "cold-exchanger" . How cold is it after lets say 1-2 hours circulating.

Why not work it out?

All the information you need is already in this thread.

Why not just put the water in the freezer?

• Like 2

Cause when in theory after circulating the water the water is really cold, for example cool or cold 5-6c, i then can circulate continious cool water to a radiator instead of having a cold shower.

My first question: Will the outcoming water be much cooler. By heating with the sun it will be much hotter and @naam and others warm up their pool with such a system.

How is it with copper sipral in een freezer. As muhendis said freezer must be full. Ok, i make ice first in a plastic bag 1 inch thick and as wide as the freezer and put it on the bottom. Then put the copper spiral above. Above the spiral again ice. And on top food and other stuffs u usually put in a freezer. There are as said above only two holes, insulated, and outside pipe connected ofcourse to the spiral copper inside.

Another thing is: If the water coming in the copper pipe is already cool 5-6c, will it remain steady cool when the outside ambient temp is e.g. 27-28c.

Just an idea.

Cause when in theory after circulating the water the water is really cold, for example cool or cold 5-6c, i then can circulate continious cool water to a radiator instead of having a cold shower.

My first question: Will the outcoming water be much cooler. By heating with the sun it will be much hotter and @naam and others warm up their pool with such a system.

How is it with copper sipral in een freezer. As muhendis said freezer must be full. Ok, i make ice first in a plastic bag 1 inch thick and as wide as the freezer and put it on the bottom. Then put the copper spiral above. Above the spiral again ice. And on top food and other stuffs u usually put in a freezer. There are as said above only two holes, insulated, and outside pipe connected ofcourse to the spiral copper inside.

Another thing is: If the water coming in the copper pipe is already cool 5-6c, will it remain steady cool when the outside ambient temp is e.g. 27-28c.

Just an idea.

You still need to bear in mind that this freezer has a finite cooling capacity. Probably around 2000 BTU/hr.

You also need to bear in mind that it's incredibly lossy - no matter how well it's insulated - that's why it doesn't stay cold without continual energy consumption, even when all the contents have reached target temperature.

There's just no efficient way to store 'cold' - it's more efficient to just make it on the fly as you need it.

IMHO

You still need to bear in mind that this freezer has a finite cooling capacity. Probably around 2000 BTU/hr.

The Right Honourable Sir Overunity Hopeful talks about a 40L mini-freezer which has a cooling capacity of approximately 500-700 btu/h which, assuming a conventional aircon is used, would be sufficient to cool 1/12th of dozen m² living area.

The Right Honourable Sir Overunity Hopeful talks about a 40L mini-freezer which has a cooling capacity of approximately 500-700 btu/h

Didn't catch that part, was assuming a normal sized one wink.png

500 BTU is about the amount of heat a human emits. Forget about it cooling 1 sqm if you're in it wink.png

Edited by IMHO

Energy consumption is during the day free with solar. In the evenings i dont load thr freezer. Hopefully well insulated in a small cellar it stay cool till morning. But then i have also a freezer. Thats the whole idea behind it. Like a pump tool with a drill hehehehe....two in one.

The Right Honourable Sir Overunity Hopeful talks about a 40L mini-freezer which has a cooling capacity of approximately 500-700 btu/h

Didn't catch that part, was assuming a normal sized one wink.png

500 BTU is about the amount of heat a human emits. Forget about it cooling 1 sqm if you're in it wink.png

it can even reach and exceed 1,000 btu depending on body mass and calorie input.

but it is common knowledge that overunity fans lead a frugal lifestyle resulting in low heat emissions between 397.9 and 432.1 btu on cloudy days.

on sunny days a factor of 1.33 applies ph34r.png

Can i conclude:

Circulating hot water through a radiator like this will certainly warm up a space/room but with cool/cold water will not cool the room or lower the temp of the room.

I maybe ask and react silly and stubborn but i wont even test it if 100% of the reactions find it not a good idea.

post-177483-0-79139600-1462605568_thumb.