Living offgrid with small solar system(s)

George Harmony

How about another silly gharmony idea generating electricity with ram pump.

Head from water tank 3-5m. Try to design ram pump with bigger inlet etc..to get more power/pressure.

Output water much higher than the watertank with in the middle something that can turn like a wheel. Water flow back to the watertank.

Example of a wheel see youtube below.

But how about the waste water?? How can the wastewater go back to the tank?? Any ideas??

Edited/added: With one of my tiny solar pwered pump its easy to circulate the waste water back to the tank. Its a challenge to figure it out the natural way. Perhaps the generated electric can run such a tiny pump and you still have surplus amps ........??????

Edited by George Harmony

Yawn. This is getting really boring.

since i got day before yesterday my electricity bill showing a consumption of 4,930 kWh i watch every yewtoob clip with great interest.

my plan is to use my pool feeding a ram pump who's water drives a generator that charges two 7ah batteries which cover with the help of a fistful supercapacitors all my electrical needs.

please don't tell my wife! i want to surprise her wai2.gif

Boring to generate free electric.

How about this. He is lucky to have free water flow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=42tglFVFVSo

Indeed, extracting energy from flowing water is a practical process, IF you have a source of flowing water.

BUT, you don't get something for nothing, you have to put energy into a system (in this case kinetic energy from flowing water) to be able to extract energy (in a different form, electricity) from the system, and the transfer is never 100%.

How about another silly gharmony idea generating electricity with ram pump.

Head from water tank 3-5m. Try to design ram pump with bigger inlet etc..to get more power/pressure.

Output water much higher than the watertank with in the middle something that can turn like a wheel. Water flow back to the watertank.

Example of a wheel see youtube below.

But how about the waste water?? How can the wastewater go back to the tank?? Any ideas??

Edited/added: With one of my tiny solar pwered pump its easy to circulate the waste water back to the tank. Its a challenge to figure it out the natural way. Perhaps the generated electric can run such a tiny pump and you still have surplus amps ........??????

My Bold. Are you quite sure of that?

You cannot get more out of the system than you put in, your input is your 'tiny solar pump', so your output will be your 'tiny solar pump' x an efficiency of a few %.

Lifting the water back up will use the same amount of energy that you could extract from it when it goes down.

You could, use the solar to pump water to a holding tank during the day and extract that energy at night by driving a turbine, it's called pumped-storage https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-storage_hydroelectricity but once again, you get less energy out than your solar created during the pumping stage.

• Like 1

I'm Guessing Naam might be the first to throw light on some of this design??

sorry, no idea Joe.

Any chance to have a think please about the progressive pressures of each turn inside the black poly pipe?

Imagine thirty turns of 25mm pipe like a corkscrew and the open end is scooping half a turn of water for every turn of the drum.

Could the pressures in the consecutive turns increase to max at the end turn where it has no alternative than be dispatched out the rotating connection being the output of the pump?

Each turn would have a backing pressure.

Bit like a high tech version of the air lock challenge as in my previous post.

Apparently it works well and I see potential for a version not just in a creek that just needs a motor driving the drum and a scooping effect into that open end.

@George.

Why not build a ram-pump, they're really simple.

Once you get it working you'll see why none of your ideas for over-unity applications can possibly work.

I posted this before. A great invention i think. Perhaps it can charge more than a 7ah battery.

This thread is about living offgrid. Ideas to generate free electricity ( with one time investment) are welcome @Herr Naam.

@George.

Why not build a ram-pump, they're really simple.

Once you get it working you'll see why none of your ideas for over-unity applications can possibly work.

I posted this before. A great invention i think. Perhaps it can charge more than a 7ah battery.

This thread is about living offgrid. Ideas to generate free electricity ( with one time investment) are welcome @Herr Naam.

Interesting, but no useful information such as input water mass / flow rate, output energy (Watts).

A simple Pelton wheel would likely be more efficient in converting the water flow into rotational energy.

And once again it needs a supply of moving water.

... once again it needs a supply of moving water.

Ive seen a simple pelton made from electric byke wheel 2nd hand, 500 watt. The motor was already in the wheel and he added spoons to the wheel.

As you know im planning to sprinkle my roof for few hours per day and catch the water with a roof gutter. When it falls down i have moving water :) ...... many examples on internet of how to generate electricity while raining.

Again, two in one. Alternative cooling by themal conduction and perhaps also evaporation and generating electricity. :)

And, if its possible to water my roof with a ram pump ......????

Edited by George Harmony

OK, OK you win, show us the photos of it working along with your energy measurements!

I m not claiming that i will get surplus but if im watering my roof with solar powered pump but why not use the falling water to generate electricity if possible.

Vid posted before of this thai guy. Do you think that with his falling water you can spin a pelton???

Even if i can charge my 7ah bat its a welcome free electricity hehehehe

Edited by George Harmony

Any chance to have a think please about the progressive pressures of each turn inside the black poly pipe?

Imagine thirty turns of 25mm pipe like a corkscrew and the open end is scooping half a turn of water for every turn of the drum.

Could the pressures in the consecutive turns increase to max at the end turn where it has no alternative than be dispatched out the rotating connection being the output of the pump?

sorry Joe, i have not the faintest idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1

You now even have submesible ram pump which they name it to pitbull pump. No head at all

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PFfzBbbw3sI

And its power source is ...

Compressed Air.

A great pump, but neither a ram-pump nor over-unity.

Reckon Crossy you also wondered about the involvement of compressed air. They pushed the versatility so much but very little about the air even of the programming of the air. Novel but not in the league of self sufficiency concept of the ram pump.

I don't see anyone yet here advocating over one unity. From previous posts the consensus would be that they would be shouted down and asked don't come back here mate. :-)

Sorry I cant do proper smiley faces even though have ticked Enable emoticons. Any suggestions please?

sorry Joe, i have not the faintest idea what you are talking about.

Naam; I found something on it and it mentions pumping to 74 feet elevation but most amazingly this;- This invention is the spiral pump created in 1746 by H.A. Wirtz, a pewterer of Zurich, Switzerland.

It must be a modern innovation to wind the length on a drum. More later but in this URL it actually explains the buildup of pressure in the coils of tubing that I was wondering about. even mentions about air locks.

Long article but did notice modern investigations and "their excitement about the tremendous potential of this pump".

http://lurkertech.com/water/pump/tailer/

All these YouTube links must be fascinating to some (I haven't viewed any). The thing is, if any of this stuff was a viable solution, there would be a product and somebody trying to make money selling it. Otherwise... it's yada yada ridiculous and getting VERY BORING.

This invention is the spiral pump

that finally rings a [very faint] bell. but it must be half a century since that subject was briefly mentioned and that explains my "not the faintest indea".

All these YouTube links must be fascinating to some (I haven't viewed any). The thing is, if any of this stuff was a viable solution, there would be a product and somebody trying to make money selling it. Otherwise... it's yada yada ridiculous and getting VERY BORING.

it would be less boring if ram, spiral and other varieties of pumps were presented by nekkid big-boobed women folks having showers with water supplied by those pumps.

ph34r.png

OK, OK you win, show us the photos of it working along with your energy measurements!

I m not claiming that i will get surplus but if im watering my roof with solar powered pump but why not use the falling water to generate electricity if possible.

Vid posted before of this thai guy. Do you think that with his falling water you can spin a pelton???

Even if i can charge my 7ah bat its a welcome free electricity hehehehe

If you do as he has and have the reservoir and pump at roof level, just use your solar panel to drive the pump, no surge pumps or any other lossy salad dressing.

Top up the reservoir with a bucket as required.