Can I do this for a 4 month trip

For multiple reasons the new 6 month visa wont be applicable to me for reasons pointless going into. In the past I could just use a double entry Tourist Visa and shoot out at the 2 month point to renew.

However if I obtain a single entry Tourist visa can I do the following

Enter for 2 months and then extend for 30 days at Immigration. Exit at the 90 day point either to Border run or maybe fly to and from KL and immigration give me standard 30 day waiver at immigration upon return. Is this bending the rules or entirely normal for that matter !!

• That should be no problem.
  • As long as you don't have many previous 30 day visa exempt entries you won't have a problem getting one arriving at an airport or even a land border.

Edit. As a Brit you get 30 days at land borders too.

Edited by elviajero

• As long as you don't have many previous 30 day visa exempt entries you won't have a problem getting one arriving at an airport or even a land border.

Would be just one one entry in previous 24 months from date of Travel on waiver. So immigration Guy/Girl is not likely to say you've just had 3 months here what are you up to.....?? (I'm not up to anything just want to come November 1st till end of February to get away from uk winters)

Edited by Cirencester

They're sending a clear message here : You're only welcome for 90 days.

There are many ways around it at the moment as mentioned above but they all involve additional inconvenient and unnecessary travel, the type you don't generally want to do while on holiday.

With aUK passport you will get 30 days even at a land border.

There are many ways around it at the moment as mentioned above but they all involve additional inconvenient and unnecessary travel, the type you don't generally want to do while on holiday.

Apologies if coming across a little stupid but one of these Visa run companies to Cambodia would be suitable ??

Would be just one one entry in previous 24 months from date of Travel on waiver. So immigration Guy/Girl is not likely to say you've just had 3 months here what are you up to.....?? (I'm not up to anything just want to come November 1st till end of February to get away from uk winters)

Then you will be fine.

• Immigration are cracking down on back to back visa exempt entries and people that use them too much, which doesn't apply to you.
  • You can be questioned by immigration at anytime when entering. I see no reason why they would single you out, but just be clear that you're here for tourism. Carry at least 10k in cash as that is an entry requirement for visa exempt entry. Also, but not necessary, have your return flight booking handy.
  • Immigration would normally only deny you entry if they believe you are working illegally.
  • Like 1

Apologies if coming across a little stupid but one of these Visa run companies to Cambodia would be suitable ??

Yes, at the end of your 90 days use one of the visa run companies to do the border hop to get the 30 day visa exempt entry.

Literally just reading of live case elsewhere identical to what I asked in OP. Single Entry TV no problem.. Extension 30 days was no problem and then went on a Border Run and was given 7 days only and told to leave and get another TV from outside Thailand...... Seems 3 months and that's your limit. He is British and with out Visa Waiver stamps in Passport

Edited by Cirencester

Literally just reading of live case elsewhere identical to what I asked in OP. Single Entry TV no problem.. Extension 30 days was no problem and then went on a Border Run and was given 7 days only and told to leave and get another TV from outside Thailand...... Seems 3 months and that's your limit. He is British and with out Visa Waiver stamps in Passport

A single entry Tourist visa is valid for 3 months. When used to enter the country a 60 day stay is permitted. That stay can be extended ONCE by 30 days.

You seem to have missed something because attempting to enter the country without a visa results in a visa exempt entry being given. 30 days at an airport , at a land border 30 days for those from G7 countries and 15 days for others. a= All visa exempt entries can be extended ONCE by 30 days.

Those with many visa exempt entries may expedience problems.

Edited by sunnyjim5

Which border was it?

A single entry Tourist visa is valid for 3 months. When used to enter the country a 60 day stay is permitted. That stay can be extended ONCE by 30 days.

You seem to have missed something because attempting to enter the country without a visa results in a visa exempt entry being given. 30 days at an airport , at a land border 30 days for those from G7 countries and 15 days for others. a= All visa exempt entries can be extended ONCE by 30 days.

Havent missed anything !! I'm just repeating whats in black and white. 60 days plus 30 extension were no problem. He then expected as others to get a 30 day waiver entry to complete the 4 months but got 7 days only and told to leave simple as

Havent missed anything !! I'm just repeating whats in black and white. 60 days plus 30 extension were no problem. He then expected as others to get a 30 day waiver entry to complete the 4 months but got 7 days only and told to leave simple as

That cannot be the whole story.

There must be a reason behind what is alleged.

When surfing the net there is a lot of "stuff" written which any sensible person rejects unless the facts can be verified from different source.

If you search this very large forum site I doubt you will find much which supports what you are saying.

• Like 1

If you use a visa run company they will know what is and isn't allowed at the border you use.

I'm sure this happened but without knowing the border or persons circumstances it's not worth worrying about. There are a number of possible reasons he was given 7 days.

The question I have is when. Perhaps when they closed down some crossings for doing an out/in last year.

The question I have is when. Perhaps when they closed down some crossings for doing an out/in last year.

Sorry I have only just came back to the thread. It was within the last week. No point (re other posts) saying thats not the whole story !!

Thats what happened !! Theres no axe to grind as it was me with OP questions