Advice on how to manage large mobile bills

gamini

Both my wife an I are getting huge monthly bills from AIS because we forget to press the button to end the conversation. This is understandable at our ages (85 &70). We have the galaxy android i-phones. Previously we used flip phones which turned off the conversion when we closed them. But these phones are no longer available. AIS won't limit our calls, because they make a lot of money by taking advantage of old folks forgetfulness. Any ideas would be much appreciated. But please note we have spent a lot on our present phones and do not want to have to buy new flip phones. I imported one from China at a large cost and it was not suitable.

the bit i believe about this story is the age 85/70 smile.png

So what's wrong with them being old and having difficulty navigating new devices?

I suggest the OP consult with a friend who is familiar with mobile phones. Most smartphones can be set to close a call using the power button. Some can be set to do it with a shake. Depends on the model of phone.

I suspect the problem of large bills may have more to do with a poor calling plan and maybe some useless add-on services than with calls not being closed when they are finished. As another poster pointed out, the call is closed if either party closes it.

I suggest you visit your provider and bring along a friend who understands call plans.

Something don't sound right regarding the hanging up part...either party hanging up ends a call. Guess the OP is saying when him and the wife at talking to each other, both forget to hang up? Or when talking to someone else, that both parties forget to hang up?

I posted on this forum to get some genuine advice. Unfortunately, a number of posters with probably nothing better to do made some stupid remarks and suggestions. . I take strong exception to the poster, accusing me of making a troll.However, thanks to those who tried to help

I am actually nearly 85 and my wife 70. Unfortunately she has slight dementia year due to severe diabetes. She very often forgets to end the call on her mobile. As far as I'm concerned, I do occasionally forget and when I had a high telephone bill, the costs were probably when we both forgot to turn our conversations off.

I am very conversant with both mobile phones and computers. And fortunately I do not suffer any senility. Forgetfulness can happen at any age. II have looked at every possibility of reducing our phone bills. But having had a monthly account with AIS for the last 15 years. Neither of us wish to change things at our age by getting a limited account. We always used flip phones all these years, and .with no problem with the bills

The fact is that the call does not end when you press the power button on android, nor does seem in any other way. I have searched the Internet to try and find a solution to the problem. But to no avail. So that's why I have posted on this forum.

I suggest that you spend a little more time familiarising yourself with your telephone. You certainly don't have an android i - phone, none exist. Pay as you go or pre-pay is the way to go, with an unused top up card in your wallet for good measure. Iv never had a problem in the years that Iv been doing exactly this myself.

The fact is that the call does not end when you press the power button on android, nor does seem in any other way. I have searched the Internet to try and find a solution to the problem. But to no avail. So that's why I have posted on this forum

If you have an Android phone: go into "Settings", then "Call Settings" or possibly "Phone Settings"...Look for the option "Power Button Ends Call" or something similar.

The fact is that the call does not end when you press the power button on android, nor does seem in any other way. I have searched the Internet to try and find a solution to the problem. But to no avail. So that's why I have posted on this forum

If you have an Android phone: go into "Settings", then "Call Settings" or possibly "Phone Settings"...Look for the option "Power Button Ends Call" or something similar.

The above poster is correct, in call settings (three vertical dots on dialer page)

Android 5.0

post-22176-0-27667800-1456203426_thumb.j

I posted on this forum to get some genuine advice. Unfortunately, a number of posters with probably nothing better to do made some stupid remarks and suggestions. . I take strong exception to the poster, accusing me of making a troll.However, thanks to those who tried to help

I am actually nearly 85 and my wife 70. Unfortunately she has slight dementia year due to severe diabetes. She very often forgets to end the call on her mobile. As far as I'm concerned, I do occasionally forget and when I had a high telephone bill, the costs were probably when we both forgot to turn our conversations off.

I am very conversant with both mobile phones and computers. And fortunately I do not suffer any senility. Forgetfulness can happen at any age. II have looked at every possibility of reducing our phone bills. But having had a monthly account with AIS for the last 15 years. Neither of us wish to change things at our age by getting a limited account. We always used flip phones all these years, and .with no problem with the bills

The fact is that the call does not end when you press the power button on android, nor does seem in any other way. I have searched the Internet to try and find a solution to the problem. But to no avail. So that's why I have posted on this forum.

Just to clear things up.. is this when the two of you call with each-other... because if one party hangs up the call is ended. Its not needed for both parties to end the call. Just sounds a bit strange .. could it not be something else like high internet charges or something like that.

Archived