withdrawing USD in Suvarnabhumi

No. All ATM's dispense local currency, Baht. You need to go to currency exchange to get US dollars. Be warned the Airport exchanges charge enormous fees and or offer very poor exchange rates.

Edited by jerojero

I have withdrawn euros and dollars at the foreign currency atms, there is a few dotted around the airport at international departures. I have only being given 50s and 100s from them.

If you use a non thailand debit/credit card, you would be charged around 200bt by the thai atm, you may also be charged by your own bank.

Exchange baht for usd at the exchange counters would be a cheaper option.

>USD, EURO and GBP withdrawals are possible..Just find the right ATM

Great. Are these before immigration on departure floor? I need crisp clean dollar notes to buy visa on arrival at destination.

Turn left after security/immigration (towards C gates) and an SCB ATM is a short distance (20-30M, I guess) on your left side.

Sorry, cannot remember the exact location but it was after clearing immigration and security,

To finnairman: No thaicards are accepted but you can withdraw with thaicard in europe.

You can withdraw using local ATM cards issued by SCB but not cards from other Thai banks.

Beware that the daily limit is quite low. I don't recall exactly how much but much less than the overall daily limit of the card. I have only used it once and decided then that it was fairly useless because of that.

>USD, EURO and GBP withdrawals are possible..Just find the right ATM

Great. Are these before immigration on departure floor? I need crisp clean dollar notes to buy visa on arrival at destination.

After immigration next to the currency exchange booth.

But they do not work with Thai debit or credit cards - you need a foreign atm card.

I managed to withdraw 300$ + 3$ fee. Only one of the two machines worked and I saw other people also have their attempts rejected. I'm not sure if the machine was empty or it was some other reason.

post-38660-14564021692613_thumb.jpg

Go to superRich, Vasu or other private money exchanger.

Do NOT rely on airport exchange.

Somewhat contradictory seeing that there is a SuperRich kiosk at Suvarnabhumi airport! wink.png

Can someone confirm that you can exchange THB to other currencies at that specific site? Many of their kiosks are only "to THB" [only other currency] >> THB only. No exchange from Thai Baht to other currencies like at their main office in Rachadarmi.

No. All ATM's dispense local currency, Baht. You need to go to currency exchange to get US dollars. Be warned the Airport exchanges charge enormous fees and or offer very poor exchange rates.

Yes..

Wrong answer...Swampy has SCB ATMS which dispense USD/Euro and GBP

I withdrew 300 USD + 3 USD fee.

My bank statement shows 216.55 GBP

Effective rate = 1.3992

Mastercard rate for 24th = 1.3992

My Halifax Clarity credit card doesn't charge for cash advances, just accumulates interest from the withdrawal date so I transfer money to the card account on the same day.

post-38660-0-06174600-1456505815_thumb.j