VIP bus from Samui to Bangkok

Hi, some help with information if you can.

I will be needing to return from Samui to Bangkok at the end of our holiday in May this year.

I was thinking this time to save money we could get a VIP bus from Chaweng to Bangkok.

Do you have any recommendations for companies to use and maybe an Idea on prices.

The reason is, I have looked online and the flights for that time seem too high at 5000 baht per person, a bit much when we are a family of 4.

many thanks for your help.

no, May is a bit unsure weatherwise and the ferry would be not a good idea. Better VIP bus for ~1.000 from the bus station at the hospital road. Tickets are easily available. Even better: a flight from URT by Nok Air or Thai Smile. It will cost the ~same. Check it out now.

no, May is a bit unsure weatherwise and the ferry would be not a good idea. Better VIP bus for ~1.000 from the bus station at the hospital road. Tickets are easily available. Even better: a flight from URT by Nok Air or Thai Smile. It will cost the ~same. Check it out now.

Someone will know.... There is a fast boat to URT then flight to Bangkok as an all in ticket. Might be Air Asia.

Thanks for the Lomprayah website, Its only half working at the moment but thats seems to be the thing I'm looking for, with a hotel pick up.

It's all part of the Lomprayah service, being picked up at hotel....you ask when booking ..... and will take you to the terminal which should be in Maenam... (unless moved to Banrak by then, there has been some talk about that... but minibus driver will know... they have a large fleet of these buses on Samui....) .... at Bkk end you end up at Khosan (sp) Road.....

May should be a good month weather wise...

Trains are notoriously always late, although not that bad as far as using them.... if you don't mind being late!

Always wanted to take the boat to Chumphon, have only made as far as Koh Tao. However, in May the West winds are blowing and waves will be from the side of the boat making it a rougher ride. I would opt for the Seatrans boat if you do that route as the faster Lomphraya catamaran is more tippy when waves are from the side. Could wait until you are here and can look at a one week ahead forecast as otherwise Lomphraya is pretty good.

If you choose to take the (much cheaper than Bangkok Air, especially if you book now) flights from Surathanee to Bangkok, I prefer Air Asia* and Lomphraya which leaves from Nathon instead of Maenam. Air Asia's all included service from Samui utilizes the Raja ferry, not my favorite. Multiple threads on these topics on this Forum.

*the website is confusing and in some people's minds, deceitful. Be careful about getting things you don't want (have to decline travel insurance a couple of times) and getting what you want. The more expensive flex rate might be a good option as it includes flight change options.

If you can speak a little Thai, you can go to the new bus terminal between Immigrations and Nathon hospital.

If not, AirAsia offers a combo ticket Ferry-Bus-flight via Surattthani or Nakhon Si Thammarat.

If you order now the prize is 990 baht in end of May.

Took The Lompraya route to Hua Hin once, overcrowded with only western tourists.

Locals go by government bus or fly with AirAsia.

Took The Lompraya route to Hua Hin once, overcrowded with only western tourists. Locals go by government bus or fly with AirAsia.

Not sure you even save that much time BUT you do have to spend less time on the road being transported in a vehicle in disrepair doing 120kmh +. Thailand has or did until late, the second highest number of road deaths in the world. They could be first because they don't count it if you died a few days later. Number one is Iran which is strange since alcohol is illegal, but whatever. How much time are you willing to spend on a boat that could also likely to be in a state of disrepair?

OP might want to think about leaving Samui the previous day after lunch and get to NsiT around nightfall. Good southern food in NsiT, then a sleep and fly out the next day.

If you can speak a little Thai, you can go to the new bus terminal between Immigrations and Nathon hospital.

If not, AirAsia offers a combo ticket Ferry-Bus-flight via Surattthani or Nakhon Si Thammarat.

If you order now the prize is 990 baht in end of May.

Took The Lompraya route to Hua Hin once, overcrowded with only western tourists.

Locals go by government bus or fly with AirAsia.

Is that bus-terminal ever opened..?

Last I was there, a month ago, it still looked like the've given up – there is another new bus-terminal at the entrance to Nathon opposite the old Seatran-frerry-line-up, that's where locals use to take the VIP-bus from – and that looks open, when I pass.

There also is a combo train-ticket boat Samui to mainland - bus to trainstation -train from Surat Thani to Bangkok.

Archived