Australian Retiree

Asking on behalf on a Retiree from OZ

"is it Possible to get Tourist Visa or equivalent for 60 days by flying From BKK- Hanoi returning Suvarnabhumi Airport?

if so what documentation in all is required"

Also the price of the Visa please.

As he served in 3 different army's Australian,New Zealand,UK has 3 different Passports.

He Came to Thailand on Australian Passport with Visa issued in Melbourne but on latest visa run from Thailand to Vietnam

Presented Australian Passport at Don Maung immigration, but had less than 6 months Left.So they stamped his New Zealand Passport with 30 days instead .

So that is why he would like to fly to Hanoi and Back to Bangkok getting extra 60 days before flying back to Australia.Where he can apply for Visa in Melbourne

to return.

He would be happy for some advice please.I am not sure of the answer.

POMCHOB

Edited by POMCHOB

With no visa he would get a 30 day (free) visa exempt entry on arrival. That 30 day stay can be extended at a local immigration office by 30 days for 1,900 baht. That would give him the 60 days he wants.

He could get a single entry tourist visa (SETV approx:1,000 baht) in Hanoi that would give him 60 days on entry and could also be extended by 30 days at immigration if necessary.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Yes I'm drinking but don't understand your op. If he wants a setv from Vietnam it is cheaper and easier to fly to Saigon. As for a visa based on retirement namely a non O .......he does not need to return to OZ. If he wants an OA yes he does. Otherwise he can go somewhere like Vientiane and obtain non imm o. Then apply for 12 month permission of stay where he lives

Yes I'm drinking but don't understand your op. If he wants a setv from Vietnam it is cheaper and easier to fly to Saigon. As for a visa based on retirement namely a non O .......he does not need to return to OZ. If he wants an OA yes he does. Otherwise he can go somewhere like Vientiane and obtain non imm o. Then apply for 12 month permission of stay where he lives

Hi jacksam

thanks for taking the time to reply to my post much appreciated

POMCHOB

With no visa he would get a 30 day (free) visa exempt entry on arrival. That 30 day stay can be extended at a local immigration office by 30 days for 1,900 baht. That would give him the 60 days he wants.

He could get a single entry tourist visa (SETV approx:1,000 baht) in Hanoi that would give him 60 days on entry and could also be extended by 30 days at immigration if necessary.

Hi elviajero,

Thank-you for your different options i will show these to the guy in question

and thank you very much for your link to the Embassy in Hanoi which is very helpful on the documents needed.

Good Luck

POMCHOB.

How long does the Ozzie retiree want to stay in Thailand? His best option might be to get convert his 30-day (assuming that he has enough time left to do this) to a 90-day Non-O for the purpose of retirement at immigration and then during the last 30 days of that apply for a one-year extension of stay for the purpose of retirement at immigration. If he doesn't have enough time left on this entry, he could fly to Saigon (or Hanoi) and return for another 30-day visa exempt entry. He will have to meet the financial requirements for the 90-day Non-O and one-year extension of stay. Check the pinned topic for details.

IMO Hanoi is a much nicer city to visit than Saigon.

• Like 1

Hi jacksam

thanks for you reply with the info i will give this to the gent

POMCHOB

How long does the Ozzie retiree want to stay in Thailand? His best option might be to get convert his 30-day (assuming that he has enough time left to do this) to a 90-day Non-O for the purpose of retirement at immigration and then during the last 30 days of that apply for a one-year extension of stay for the purpose of retirement at immigration. If he doesn't have enough time left on this entry, he could fly to Saigon (or Hanoi) and return for another 30-day visa exempt entry. He will have to meet the financial requirements for the 90-day Non-O and one-year extension of stay. Check the pinned topic for details.

IMO Hanoi is a much nicer city to visit than Saigon.

Hi DodNo1 ,

thanks for your concise reply much appreciated

POMCHOB