How to amuse 14yr old on holiday in Patts. Please help.

Wasima

just admit it ...you brought him here so you could be here!!!!!!

You figured me out! LOL.. no seriously, hubby and I go abroad every year and we take our son along every other year. But I must admit, all three of us LOVE Thailand. So any excuse will do hehe :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cruel...bringing a boy whose testicles have descended into the jaws of sin and not letting him do a thing.

Im sure he'll be fine doing what all millennials do....strap on his headphones, hit everyone with a blank gaze, stare at smartphone while walking and pacing endlessly in central mall.

I know, right?! cheesy.gif but we are quite open with him and he will just have to suck it up till he's a bit older lol. And as for being a millennial, he actually isn't a mall rat and doesn't do the blank gaze thing... just sometimes... when I give him chores... cheesy.gif

Give him 2000 baht and send him to walking St. What could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I would like to think he will end up buying the latest pair of sneakers and baseball caps... yes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! cheesy.gif

Seriously? You're taking him to Pattaya and telling him he has to rebuff any female advances? Are you trying to mentally scar him for life? Maybe go somewhere else a bit less in your face?

I know what you're saying, but knowing my son, I wouldn't have to tell him to rebuff any advances. He wouldn't even acknowledge it. At least, that's what I would like to think............. but come to think of it, last time he was in Phuket when he was 6 yrs old, he managed to charm every female up and down Beach and Bangla Road every day when we went for a walk. They were always giving him presents and a few bhat. OMW... I just realised... this time he will be getting more than just presents and a few bhat LOLOL. cheesy.gif Maybe he should just stay at home heehe

post-232400-0-10697100-1456378869_thumb.

post-232400-0-45500800-1456378996_thumb.

Seriously? You're taking him to Pattaya and telling him he has to rebuff any female advances? Are you trying to mentally scar him for life? Maybe go somewhere else a bit less in your face?

I know what you're saying, but knowing my son, I wouldn't have to tell him to rebuff any advances. He wouldn't even acknowledge it. At least, that's what I would like to think.............

I'm impressed that he's managed to make you think that LOL. Smart kid.

If he's a golfer take him to one of the many many 4star + golf courses and hire a coach for a day. There are also many driving ranges towards Sattahip on the Sukkhumvit with a coach to point out faults.

I think we spend enough time on golf here at home. He goes for private lessons and he plays for his school. But thanks anyway :)

One of the unhappiest 14 year-olds I ever saw was in a Walking Street Go-Go some years ago. His parents made him sit solo at the edge of the dance floor while they yukked it up sitting a few rows back. He was a good looking kid and the girls were going nuts, teasing him and dancing in his face. He looked like he'd rather be anyplace else on the planet than where he was...clearly not ready and very abashed and uncomfortable looking...his mom & dad thought it was just hilarious, not the least tuned in their own kid.

Saw a similar situation at SuperBaby GoGo, again a 14 or so boy sitting at the bar/dancefloor while pop nagged at him to pick a girl...he was pretty drunk and the kid clearly wanted no part of it....sad scene really. The father was so insistent that I remember wondering if he suspected his kid was gay and was trying to "cure" him.

I also have a 14 yo son. He needs his phone, his phone charger & wifi.

Choose your hotel, restaurants etc on how good the wifi is - for your son, everything else is irrelevant.

He will be pretty much unaware of his surroundings & will spend most of his time effectively "in" his home time zone playing online with his friends.

What we parents remember as entertaining outings when we were 14 (go-karts etc.) he will regard as a chore. In truth, he'd probably be happier if you left him at home where the wifi is likely to be better.

I don't have a 14year old son but if I did, Walking Street is the last place I would take him.

Don't assume that security staff will let him into bars at his age and, in any event, what sort of father would dream of exposing him to all that ?

I also have a 14 yo son. He needs his phone, his phone charger & wifi.

Choose your hotel, restaurants etc on how good the wifi is - for your son, everything else is irrelevant.

He will be pretty much unaware of his surroundings & will spend most of his time effectively "in" his home time zone playing online with his friends.

What we parents remember as entertaining outings when we were 14 (go-karts etc.) he will regard as a chore. In truth, he'd probably be happier if you left him at home where the wifi is likely to be better.

I know what you're saying... and at the risk of sounding like an over-proud parent with an "extraordinary child", my son isn't into chatting with friends and playing games on is phone. He MOSTLY just downloads the latest music and listens to it on his phone. Because he is an only child, he's mostly surrounded by adults and can happily chat to our friends for hours. They find him very polite, funny with a blackish sense of humour (much like me lol) and very quiet. He actually prefers hanging with me and his dad because we do fun stuff with him all the time. He's got a very adventurous spirit like me and always looking for interesting fun stuff to do. He never hangs with his friends on weekends (even though I wish he WOULD. I keep telling him he will NEVER find a girlfriend because he's always with us). By the way, he goes to an all boys school and I've seen what nonsense they are up to when he shows me his homework group on Whatsapp. Lucky for him, he never replies when the conversation gets out of hand which it ALWAYS does, being pubescent boys and all. I have absolute no worries about him finding fun stuff to do with his folks as boring. Thanks :)

I don't have a 14year old son but if I did, Walking Street is the last place I would take him.

Don't assume that security staff will let him into bars at his age and, in any event, what sort of father would dream of exposing him to all that ?

We do not imbibe in alcohol at all (muslim and all that), but have no hang-ups about sitting in bars and people watch, but we do draw the line when things get out of hand and will never dream of letting him sit in a bar with us. By the way, my husband is a police officer back home... I would let my son get away with murder, but his dad won't lol. Thank you :)

Yes there is a waterpark, yes there is Ripley's, yes there is the beach and jet-skis (to be

avoided) and para-sailing, marine land, and the Golden Buda view point on Pratumak,

but what will keep entertained the most is the games on his cell phone or a X-Box/

Play Station console. Make sure you get a sim card/data plan when you arrive and you

will be set. thumbsup.gif

A soapy in Soi Honey and for the next day S 6 with some cash for a nice afternoon.

I would have loved it at the age of 14...

LOL think we're giving that one a skip on this trip...

Maybe a couple of weeks living with the monks on a slightly more frugal diet would at least be of some health benefit to him...

Nong Nooch is definitely worth a day out. They will pick you up from your hotel, and bring you back end of the day. Tons to see, and a great indoors show included.

It's a great family day, but avoid weekends.

Jom Tien beach was very dirty last trip there, lots of 'foreign objects' floating in the water.