How to amuse 14yr old on holiday in Patts. Please help.

Wasima

Hi there

Passports - check, flight tickets - check, visas - check, hotel booked - check... now just a matter of waiting till our departure.

Getting really excited! It's been 5 years since my last visit and I am sooo looking forward to it. Been to Thailand 4 times, but haven't visited Patts yet.

Need advise with regards to my 14-year old son. Last time he was in Thailand was when he was 6yrs old so we could easily amuse him during the day and take him to kid-friendly places in Phuket. He's now 14 yrs old and I have no clue what Pattaya has to offer in terms of amusement for teenagers. Can someone please advise me?

He likes cars, x-box and ps gaming, listening to music, normal teenager stuff... including girls... but I already schooled him about being approached by the beautiful Thai ladies and told him his stock-standard response should be "Ask my Mom" laugh.pngcheesy.gif . My 14-yr old can easily pass for an 18 yr old due to his height and I won't be surprised if this happens lol.

Also, we will be staying in Jomtiem Beach so if there are any sort of amusement/ water parks nearby, please let me know. I've Googled and found a few things to amuse him, but want to capitalize on our short time there so if you have any inside info on festivals and special days, please share.

And lastly... we are staying a week in Pattaya, then flying to Vietnam for another week and then on to Penang for another week. We will be joining a group of people in Vietnam so we will see the local sights in and around HMC for 2 days. Anyone have any advice for us for our first time in HMC and what to do and see for the rest of the week while we are there?

Been to Malaysia before, so Penang shouldn't be a hassle and the island is just so big... and we intend to relax MOST of the time there before we fly to Bangkok for our last night before we fly back home.

Looking forward to your responses, however crazy, twisted, useless and funny it may be.

Thanks

Wasima

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Anek Kusala Sala", aka, " Viharna Sien" is an amazing museum built by the Chinese-Thai Business Association to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the King's coronation. It is 4 stories tall and contains an amazing collection of ancient Chinese armaments, armour, and other military artifacts. It is the only institution outside of China given genuine figures from the famous Terra-Cotta warriors recently discovered in China. They also have a 3000 year old chariot on display.

If your son is at all into martial arts, he'll love the display of life size bronze sculptures...each in dynamic fighting positions on the 2nd floor front terrace..really impressive. (Bring cotton socks or slippers...shoes are not allowed on the terrace and the surface gets HOT.)

There are also extensive collections of ancient Buddhist statuary, pottery, musical instruments and an awesome collection of model boats on one of the upper levels.

This is really an amazing place and surprisingly few know about it. Most of the visitors are Chinese Thais and tourists. Admission the last time I went was B50.

It is kind of hard to find. Of Sukhumvit going towards Sattahip, directions and other info here: http://www.bangkok.com/pattaya/attractions/viharn-sien.htm#promo

Cruel...bringing a boy whose testicles have descended into the jaws of sin and not letting him do a thing.

Im sure he'll be fine doing what all millennials do....strap on his headphones, hit everyone with a blank gaze, stare at smartphone while walking and pacing endlessly in central mall.

There is a big water park between Jomtien and Sattahip, also Nong Nooch Gardens which is a very nice place to spend a day or two. They are both located on Suhkumvit, the main road.

Thanks Aitch. Definitely going there. I love water parks and so does he.

"Anek Kusala Sala", aka, " Viharna Sien" is an amazing museum built by the Chinese-Thai Business Association to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the King's coronation. It is 4 stories tall and contains an amazing collection of ancient Chinese armaments, armour, and other military artifacts. It is the only institution outside of China given genuine figures from the famous Terra-Cotta warriors recently discovered in China. They also have a 3000 year old chariot on display.

If your son is at all into martial arts, he'll love the display of life size bronze sculptures...each in dynamic fighting positions on the 2nd floor front terrace..really impressive. (Bring cotton socks or slippers...shoes are not allowed on the terrace and the surface gets HOT.)

There are also extensive collections of ancient Buddhist statuary, pottery, musical instruments and an awesome collection of model boats on one of the upper levels.

This is really an amazing place and surprisingly few know about it. Most of the visitors are Chinese Thais and tourists. Admission the last time I went was B50.

It is kind of hard to find. Of Sukhumvit going towards Sattahip, directions and other info here: http://www.bangkok.com/pattaya/attractions/viharn-sien.htm#promo

Thanks dddave :). Will try to do this as well.