UK Visitor Visa - sponsored application questions

My sister is sponsoring my wife's visitor visa application.

1. She heeds to provide evidence of her right to live in the UK. She is a British national. Her passport expires next month and she doesn't plan to renew it. Her passport is also in her maiden name. Is a copy of an expired passport along with evidence of name change going to be acceptable?

2. In the last application, my sister sponsored and provided pages and pages of original bank statements and pay slips. Do these need to be originals? I did a search, and originals are required when it comes to "family members" but I'm not sure if this relates to visitor visa applications. Last time, my sister supplied print outs of online statements stamped by the bank, is this really necessary?

Thanks in advance.

1. She heeds to provide evidence of her right to live in the UK. She is a British national. Her passport expires next month and she doesn't plan to renew it. Her passport is also in her maiden name. Is a copy of an expired passport along with evidence of name change going to be acceptable?

I can't help with this one.

2. In the last application, my sister sponsored and provided pages and pages of original bank statements and pay slips. Do these need to be originals? I did a search, and originals are required when it comes to "family members" but I'm not sure if this relates to visitor visa applications. Last time, my sister supplied print outs of online statements stamped by the bank, is this really necessary?

You need to check if the rules have changed but I did two VVs last year and just supplied online printed statements with no problems. No stamps either which I have just had done for the latest Settlement visa.

• Like 1

The passport might have, or about to be, expired, but her citizenship doesn't expire because her passport has, that's why an expired UK passport can be used to enter the UK.

I can't give a definitive answer but there's no reason why a an expired passport cannot be used as proof of citizenship, maybe do as you suggest and include a covering note and proof of the name changes.

The guidance states that all documents supported as evidence must be originals and not copies, there is anecdotal evidence which suggests that copies, or printouts, have been accepted, but there is always a risk that they might not be, especially if the application is borderline.

• Like 1

The passport might have, or about to be, expired, but her citizenship doesn't expire because her passport has, that's why an expired UK passport can be used to enter the UK.

I can't give a definitive answer but there's no reason why a an expired passport cannot be used as proof of citizenship, maybe do as you suggest and include a covering note and proof of the name changes.

The guidance states that all documents supported as evidence must be originals and not copies, there is anecdotal evidence which suggests that copies, or printouts, have been accepted, but there is always a risk that they might not be, especially if the application is borderline.

I have lodged three successful UK visa applications, both Visitor and Settlement, and I can confirm that online copies of bank statements etc. are definitely acceptable but MUST be in .pdf format - they will not allow .jpg copies even though they all are, at the end of the day, "hard" paper copies.

I know, don't ask me why!

Thanks.

Will submit online statements. Regarding the out of date passport, will submit it along with a copy of a valid photocard driving license.

Its a solid case, my sister has substantial savings, a regular income well above UK average and our reason to visit and return is the same as last time we went.