Bar Owner Stabbed In Lamai

MrAG

:D

I still have some time as I am in Sweden and she is in Thailand applying for permanent residence permit here.

But seriously - one crucial question is obviously - if there is no more love, how to tell a Thai girl this thing? I just read Stickman's weekly column, for Sept. 17, where he took up this question, and it is worth reading.

:o bit sceptical their are some good ones you just cant f@@T$k around if youre with one they are very jeolous for various reasons varying from loosing their farang pay cheque to genuine love all i say is know and understand the rules of the game iam sure if the french guys misses f@##@k$d around he would not have been to pleased either no he didnt desearve to die but iam sure he knew the game he was playing :D god or budda bless him

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a certain amount of experience (see photo) and the latest 7 winters in Thailand - and no Western gf for 30 years ever since my first visit in Bangkok in 1975 - I still find the Thai ladies the nicest. But then I have always been the writing kind - already the first time I had got penpals from Bangkok to Singapore via the student edition of Bangkok Post etc., and always mixed with people with a reasonable knowledge of English. Nowadays meaning they can make themselves interesting on Internet. The only time I brought a bargirl to the room was in 1975, documented on my website with travel stories at http://ralphtheogre.no-ip.info

My present Thai wife was professional journalist and photographer when we met in BKK last winter and it seemed reasonably safe huh..... Whatever made her fall for me it was not that I am young, sexy and rich, and besides during her stay in Sweden on a 6 month tourist visa this summer I let her handle the budget, so she knows exactly how much money I got and what things cost here, while she documented life here on her web site http://yuithaigirl.no-ip.info

I think I can trust her and keep her.

I think I can trust her and keep her.

Belgrath

I hope you can too and live happily ever after .. and if not together, that you seperate in an amicable manner and continue to live happy but seperate lives.

However, I do believe it is similar to investing in the stock market - no matter how good it looks, there is always an element of risk, so just like the stockmarket, be prepared to invest (money and heart) what you are prepared to lose, and always be diligent and manage the investment.

I have been married twice to Thai ladies including 5 years with my existing wife and I like to think that my current relationship will be longlasting and be beneficial for all parties (including the children), but I am always wary of what I do, what I say, how I reply to innocent comments etc ... just to be sure that nothing triggers that inner bomb that I suspect to be inside my wife even though she tells me she could never kill like that woman in Lamai, she would just walk away from our relationship. (she does often add the following comment which to me confirms the extent of our relationship - "why would I want to go to Jail for you?"

I believe that is just the way it is here, for better or worse...

I expected the various reactions and it is always quite interesting who reacts how.

However, I did respond with my posts to the title of the thread, and it wasn't "Saint stabbed Monster"!

I referred to it's given circumstances... it's like someone decides to take a dip in a Croc infested Pond, can he expect to have his nose picked by a sparrow or be kissed by an elve?

I wonder?

Of course "they" are not all the same, nobody tried to imply this...but there are, referring to certain walks of life, certain repeating patterns, certainly!

Edited by Samuian

I have been married to my Thai wife for 3 years and I have never been so happy. She is so cheerful and placid.she has never given me any reason to be worried.

I know there are some head cases out there , quite often fuelled by various substances.

For anyone getting nervous about their relationship I suggest they put a good padlock on their knife drawer.

Marriage and Thai girls seems to be the equivalence of the famous pronounciation of Churchill: "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." In my last marriage before now, 15 years ago, with a Filipina, 2 weeks after coming to Sweden she started to talk shit behind my back, she knew we had to be together for 2 years for her to stay independently, but long before that she had threatened me with the kitchen knife a few times, stolen my very innocent but personal letters, was insanely jealous even when the nurse of the dentist called - and had never any sort of reason for it.

A Malaysian Chinese girl said at the time (she had been teaching English for a while in Bangkok): "why a Filipina when you can find a Thai girl?"

I have a number of good female Thai friends. One recently mailed my wife in Thailand so we all could be friends (a few years ago she said, with a sigh: "why are the Thai boys so totally dumb; they do not know they have the best girls in the world!"), another has offered her a temporary job to do paper work in her flower export business in Bangkok and a third - who I met when she and her German bf had internet cafe in Lamai - hopes to meet us when I am in Thailand next time. Many Thai girls seem happy in Sweden with their relations, they discuss everything on http://thaisinsverige.pantown.com/, where my wife also participates. In most cases it seems a win-win situation, and the Swedish Women's Lib women hate them for that, now when they thought they finally have taught the men here to obey.

Last winter in Thailand my wife laughlingly showed me a book in Thai: "How to catch a farang" that seemed very popular - and very stupid. She has an idea of writing a much more relevant one, maybe we do it together in Thai and English, with advice to both Thai girls and Farangs, about trouble spots like these. After all, Thai girls are as smart as anyone, maybe with their own kind of emotional spectrum.

I have been married to my Thai wife for 3 years and I have never been so happy. She is so cheerful and placid.she has never given me any reason to be worried.

I know there are some head cases out there , quite often fuelled by various substances.

For anyone getting nervous about their relationship I suggest they put a good padlock on their knife drawer.

"I have been married to my Thai wife for 3 years and I have never been so happy. She is so cheerful and placid.she has never given me any reason to be worried."

"I have been married to my ex-wife for 8 years and knew her for 13! One mornin' the 'bird' had flown.. with evrything she could put her hands on, and believe this was not just the 'loose change'...!" :D

Same, same, no indication, no fighting, no verbal disagreements, no warning-sign whatsoever!

Ahhhhh... well.. we all learn, one way or the other.. :o

Still wish you all the best and good luck!

Hope she doesn't turn out to be the "Atom Heart Mother" as your Avatar indicates.

Ahhhh... and EVERYBODY PLEASE NOTICE:

"this is NOT meant to blame 'em all and in general, this is just ONE Experience, as experiences always are 'a one of'.. and only a "wake up call" for the blind.....!

Edited by Samuian

In fact she did, cause she never liked this kind of music, it was no music at all for her!

Shall I call myself 'Lucky' now, after all? Guess its a point there somewhere!

She preferred this stuff that sounds form a distance like the drill of an dentist....

And then don't get me wrong, she was nice and caring, very friendly, happy, lots a smiles, hard working, I stil wonder sometimes what went wrong, she was never everable to talk with me about it - so I guess after all It WAS ONLY about MONEY!

Well, once again this kind of topic has strayed into the "Thai women are crazy b!tches" "Thai women are better than anyone else" etc etc etc.

You'd think you'd get tired of discussing this ad nauseum.

Personally, I find this entire case very sad.

I think the whole case has more to do with education, to realize the value of education. My Thai wife has poor farmer parents, but is clearly the smartest girl in the village, so - well, she has got scholarships and study loans in Thailand and has now finished two bachelor degrees and owes the bank or whatever 250000B. But she has acquired the sort of international flexibility - international after 6 months in Sweden where she instantly became popular on the web site of Thai girls in Sweden, but she still loves cooking in between 12 hours at the laptop!

We have some kind of responsibility especially if we have a rather young Thai lady, to explain how important education is. They have a large assortment of knowledge that is beneficial for a relation to a Farang, if they are willing to start this experiment instead of staying at home in the village, they are open to new ideas. As always, in every country or relation, it takes two persons to cooperate. An intercultural relation is more difficult, more hazardous, more rewarding - but it also means lots of talking because the intuitive reactions are useless. They work in the village, whether here or there, but outside you must talk.

just a question punters.

is it possible to live a single life in los and just have females as friends. ?

i mean get a frigging hobby or something else to do.

seems to me that the thai girls are so irresistible to us males, but is there anyone out there who lives a happy life without getting romantically involved with the girls.

its all good when things are good but cricky's friends, when they go bad lots of people have payed the ultimate price.

i'm wondering if its all worth it. :o

in aussie now the divorce rate is 1 in 3 and getting worse. :D

any single guys out there living on samui and loving being single and are committed to remain single. ?

cheers

No problem to have a Thai girl as friend, I have a number. But usually they are educated girls where we can discuss lots of things, some have or have had Farang boyfriends or husbands, three have had German ones, one Swedish, one of those Germans just said byebye to his Thai gf, another - the German is very ill, she does not know if she should go to Germany to be at his side or not, the third is married in Munich, but he is the butterfly and they are at an intermediate stage. Much to discuss!

I had one friend, calling herself my "niece" for a few years, met in restaurant where she was serving, 6 years of schooling, she was sort of fun, and with homemade English, enough to use internet - I gave her some money but then she more or less started to demand more, and then it was no fun anymore.

So - I have met a number of Thai girls on internet, where they have to use decent English. Usually there have been some new friends to meet next time I come to BKK together with the old and - worked ok.

THe sad part is that nothing will prolly happen to this girl. She will pay the cops 10,000 baht and keep the rest of the french mans assests and move on to another farang.

Rinse and repeat. Its easy cash!

There you go Speculating again! Jesus....

No problem to have a Thai girl as friend, I have a number. But usually they are educated girls where we can discuss lots of things, some have or have had Farang boyfriends or husbands, three have had German ones, one Swedish, one of those Germans just said byebye to his Thai gf, another - the German is very ill, she does not know if she should go to Germany to be at his side or not, the third is married in Munich, but he is the butterfly and they are at an intermediate stage. Much to discuss!

I had one friend, calling herself my "niece" for a few years, met in restaurant where she was serving, 6 years of schooling, she was sort of fun, and with homemade English, enough to use internet - I gave her some money but then she more or less started to demand more, and then it was no fun anymore.

So - I have met a number of Thai girls on internet, where they have to use decent English. Usually there have been some new friends to meet next time I come to BKK together with the old and - worked ok.

HMMMMM ! interesting zzzzzzzz

girls and money dont mix very well.

Find a girl with a real job and real money and then you avoid all of these problems that everyone whines about. Find a girl in a bar or restaurant then what do you expect to come from it. I cant help but laugh when I read these stories sevral times a day. Serves all you suckers right.

Point well taken Poorfarang, but even if you get a girl with $$$ be careful, think about how she got

that money :o

And if the family is loaded - well in Thailand the nice guys finish last and broke. How did

the family become loaded?

Thinking back now to when i met my wife and married her, and what i know now about

LOS I feel lucky i didnt get reamed.

But knowing what i know now, i would go upcountry and find a young girl (17-20) thats very

religious/Buddhist and Thai/Thai if i was to hunt now.

girls and money dont mix very well.

Find a girl with a real job and real money and then you avoid all of these problems that everyone whines about. Find a girl in a bar or restaurant then what do you expect to come from it. I cant help but laugh when I read these stories sevral times a day. Serves all you suckers right.

EXACTLY MY WORDS....................SAME RULE ALL OVER THE WORLD, stay away from the bargirls and poorgirls.........

Good one "poorfalang"

Point well taken Poorfarang, but even if you get a girl with $$$ be careful, think about how she got

that money :o

And if the family is loaded - well in Thailand the nice guys finish last and broke. How did

the family become loaded?

Thinking back now to when i met my wife and married her, and what i know now about

LOS I feel lucky i didnt get reamed.

But knowing what i know now, i would go upcountry and find a young girl (17-20) thats very

religious/Buddhist and Thai/Thai if i was to hunt now.

Nam Kao, let me know when you go as I want to go to. That sounds like a perfect way to get a girl. One that hasn't been corrupted by the evil of the world. Maybe I'll get 2 or 3!

My Thai wife tried to stab me not so long ago, she's not rich and educated, or a bar girl rather a poor girl if that has any relevance. We'd had a row and i lost it and slapped her face! which i deeply regret. However, i was totally stunned at the response, ornaments of variouse descriptions hurled at me culminating in a kitchen knife being thrust at me several times. Fortunatley for me the knife struck the door and wall and not me. Perhaps too much information but the point being i'd caused her to loose face or something like that. Crazy bitch. Moral of the story is DONT MARRY A THAI GIRL!

My Thai wife tried to stab me not so long ago, she's not rich and educated, or a bar girl rather a poor girl if that has any relevance. We'd had a row and i lost it and slapped her face! which i deeply regret. However, i was totally stunned at the response, ornaments of variouse descriptions hurled at me culminating in a kitchen knife being thrust at me several times. Fortunatley for me the knife struck the door and wall and not me. Perhaps too much information but the point being i'd caused her to loose face or something like that. Crazy bitch. Moral of the story is DONT MARRY A THAI GIRL!

Nah, you married her, had a row - you slapped her - she retaliated, nothing wrong with that at all in my eyes. And your final line, the 'moral' .... :o

Edited by VTR1000

java script:emoticon(':o',%20'smid_17')

You are the Mark, right Henry?

I have found a copy of the paper .. shown below and his namews Stefan (cannot translate the surname into something that sounds right)..

Apologies if it offends anyone, but it is just a scan of the newspaper picture so hopefully does not break any TV rules...

Jesus Christ, i knew that Guy & played Football with him up until maybe 3 months ago !!

I actually saw a boy ( who i presumed to be his Son as he was always with him & looked half/half ) at Loy Kratong last night & wanted to say to him " how's your Dad ? " but something stopped me !!!

RIP Stefan my Friend !!

Some very valid points written in this thread !!

I would like to add that i have been with a Thai Girl for over 2 years, have a 7 month old Baby & wouldn't even dream of playing away on this Island.

Anyone who does is a Fool..

I am under no illusions whatsoever that, if i was stupid enough to & got caught, she would probably chop me up or something to that effect ( which is why i'd never do it ) not because she loves me, but because i am giving money that could have gone in her pocket to one of her Competitors !!

& do you know why that is ???

Because she is/was a Prostitute & that is what she would do again if we split up.

Nobody should EVER forget that part as it's the most important of them all !!

A sad fact of life in Thailand !!!

My condolences to the friends and family of the deceased. I feel particularly sorry for the children involved, since they will have to carry a heavy burden for actions they had no control of.

I guess I was lucky. On the other hand I spent the last 7 winters in Thailand to find that luck. A smart girl, smartest in the village even if from rather poor parents, so she came to Bangkok to study. Got one bachelor degree, got bored, got another...... And now we are married. I know she is the best and she is taken but - she is not the only one. See the bunch of girls who said byebye to us in the airport when we left for 6 months in Sweden, all studying for masters or PhDs, but she was the first one who got married - http://ralphtheogre.no-ip.info/0Adventures/blog0506_1.htm

Everything is basically a matter of education. I had a look at one thread here about foreign teachers in Thailand teaching English, but it seemed wholly egoistical - how to get better pay, not how to teach better English to the Thais. OK, in a way that was what the discussion was about but.... The ministry of Education should obviously start off with asking the best foreign teachers of English who loved Thailand enough to be here in spite of lower salary, to teach the next generation of Thai teachers in English - not to teach them more grammar but teach them how to TALK English. If every pretty, curious, smart Isaan girl could learn about the world from all the Internet cafes there instead of just young boys sitting there playing computer games..... A revolution!