Iptv Thailand tv. I am an idiot

DipStick

After spending a week in Thailand, and living in China, who used to have Maige Tv , I saw on the Thai internet an advert for IPTV .thailand tv which suited me. I contacted the guy, who responded very quickly, I transferred the required money and was then ignored. SEVEN DAYS LATER he refuses to tell me if my box has been Shipped or doesn't even respond to updates.

Going deeper, it seems as I have been scammed as this criminal goes under the name of James but the required bank account payable is under the name of Alan David Weeks.. be aware and ignore do not do business with them .. Thieves is the word I would use. Idiots would be next... TAKE CARE WITH THIS BUNCH.

I also had a very bad experience with iptv Thailand. I paid (far too much) for an Android box and a year's subscription. After I paid for it, it took 6 weeks for the box to be delivered (from Bangkok to Pattaya!) and arrived only when I threatened to go to the police.

The box worked for a couple of months, then I could no longer log in. Multiple e-mails went unanswered. I gave up and bought another box locally (much, much cheaper!).

Android boxes are now so cheap and readily available, there is no need to order one on-line -- but be careful nevertheless that the seller is not a scam-artist!

who sends money to people....you use paypal afteryou get emailed an invoice so you are protected.

Update.... In an original mail from them, they stated as I reside in China, PayPal or a CC were against the terms and conditions with IPTV... I do not trust EMS in China and required and paid for this box to be shipped by DHL. When asking for a DHL tracking number, the excuse was that they were not in BKK at this moment and the nearest DHL facility was over 200 Kms away, ok feasible but not very professional.

After 13 unanswered calls last night I lost my patience and sent off a rather hard hitting SMS message. To my surprise, this morning I had an answer basically saying they will retrieve the box from DHL and refund me.

NOW,

A. If the box is with DHL why couldn't they give me a tracking number ?

B. How can they refund me as I made payment by a cash deposit into their account so they have no idea of my banking details !

Seems like the hole they are digging themselves is getting deeper and deeper. I will give them until end of play today to see if they produce a DHL Tracking number or request my bank details, if not then I will ask my ex next door neighbor who is a rather senior Police Officer to assist.

who sends money to people....you use paypal afteryou get emailed an invoice so you are protected.

Update.... In an original mail from them, they stated as I reside in China, PayPal or a CC were against the terms and conditions with IPTV... I do not trust EMS in China and required and paid for this box to be shipped by DHL. When asking for a DHL tracking number, the excuse was that they were not in BKK at this moment and the nearest DHL facility was over 200 Kms away, ok feasible but not very professional.

After 13 unanswered calls last night I lost my patience and sent off a rather hard hitting SMS message. To my surprise, this morning I had an answer basically saying they will retrieve the box from DHL and refund me.

NOW,

A. If the box is with DHL why couldn't they give me a tracking number ?

B. How can they refund me as I made payment by a cash deposit into their account so they have no idea of my banking details !

Seems like the hole they are digging themselves is getting deeper and deeper. I will give them until end of play today to see if they produce a DHL Tracking number or request my bank details, if not then I will ask my ex next door neighbor who is a rather senior Police Officer to assist.

They are in Bangkok Sukhumvit soi 5, I forget the name of the condo. " They" is actually a single person, known for years to scam people all over Thailand.

If the box was ever with DHL, it would have been delivered to you. He has no intention to refund you unless you go knock on his door, and hopefully on his face as well, or give him an ultimatum that you will inform the police.

He is on Skype as well and often online. Try to see when he's online, then send him a message where you give him something like a few hours only to get you refunded, before you make a police report.

He's a coward and scared as hell, so if you threaten him the right way he will refund you.

If this guy has been doing this for a while you can be sure he has tons of excuses for dodging his marks. Don't take the excuses so literally or play along with stuff like waiting for DHL to respond etc. The goal is to get your money back.

Yet another update.

Another week has passed and another week of him refusing to communicate. Enough is enough, this morning I contacted my ex next door neighbour , who as stated earlier was a senior Police Officer in Bangkok. He has told me he will get involved with this and follow up, he also told me that the name on the Kasikorn payment slip, which is ALAN DAVID REEKS, will be run through the immigration department computer base, to check his status and which will also give his reported residential address.

So hopefully time is running out for Mr Reeks .

I would like to thank the people who PM me offering assistance, but I would rather do it the legal way, which could make life very difficult for him.

So hopefully time is running out for Mr Reeks .

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high...

here from 2002

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.satellite.tv.crypt/Io-Cz5bzCMU

I have now waited for my Dreamcard for nearly 4 month from ********

and I am so tired of the situation. He will not answer e-mail´s, so

maybe someone knows what is happening out there in Thailand. Does

anyone have the new adress to the discussion-boards, I will be glad to

have it, so I can follow if there are any news. Do you think we will

get the cards or are my money lost.

Edited by johng

Mr Reeks has been very active scamming people in Phuket many years ago. When it got too hot overthere, after his third venture, he moved to Bangkok.

He lives at the Trendy condo if I'm not mistaken. He has even been a sponsor on this forum, but I think he got banned since TV didn't want to be associated with fraudsters.

Mr Reeks has been very active scamming people in Phuket many years ago. When it got too hot overthere, after his third venture, he moved to Bangkok.

He lives at the Trendy condo if I'm not mistaken. He has even been a sponsor on this forum, but I think he got banned since TV didn't want to be associated with fraudsters.

It beggars belief that he can continue for so long. I would love to see a picture of him for ID purposes.

From previous experience I think it highly unlikely that the OP will ever see his box, however, in the event it is received it will not be any use for Maige TV as they ceased broadcasting last November.

Please don't muddy the waters, I already have a Maige box, but as you said not working for a while now, I wanted a replacement and the box I ordered from IPTV Thailand seemed good enough to replace the channels that I have lost with Maige.

I did get an email from the talked about person yesterday telling me that I would receive a DHL tracking number by tomorrow evening. Will say no more until the promise is honoured or not.

From previous experience I think it highly unlikely that the OP will ever see his box, however, in the event it is received it will not be any use for Maige TV as they ceased broadcasting last November.

Please don't muddy the waters, I already have a Maige box, but as you said not working for a while now, I wanted a replacement and the box I ordered from IPTV Thailand seemed good enough to replace the channels that I have lost with Maige.

I did get an email from the talked about person yesterday telling me that I would receive a DHL tracking number by tomorrow evening. Will say no more until the promise is honoured or not.

Indeed he will send you A tracking number.

He once sent me an EMS tracking number but when I ran it through the tracking system it showed that it was from a package which was delivered somewhere in Thailand a few days earlier.biggrin.png

Indeed he will send you A tracking number.

He once sent me an EMS tracking number but when I ran it through the tracking system it showed that it was from a package which was delivered somewhere in Thailand a few days earlier.biggrin.png

Yes this another scenario I have in the back of my mind

Well, the box did arrive in China with DHL after going from Phuket - Singapore - HK - Shenzhen and then to Dongguan for delivery. After setting it up, no luck zilch. Supplier suggested it was a china issue and a VPN may be needed, IT expert contacted, he visited, set up a VPN and still zilch.

Now I was in a position not knowing whether I had been sold a lemon, or indeed it was a China issue, so sent the box back to our Bangkok based office manager and bingo the box kicked into life.

So I wasn't sold a lemon, the supplier in the end, although it was painfully slow, did perform, but by stating this box would work world wide was a little off the mark, however in China with all google services being blocked etc, no Facebook, no YouTube , things like IPTV are a little hit and miss.

I do have here legally TrueVision but I desperately wanted the Euro 2016 as well as EPL . I previously had a Vietnam dish and box, which does show EPL live but the picture was weak and in bad weather a total shut down. The IT engineer suggested having a look at the Burna satellite system (Sky net) took the gamble, had it installed and was seriously impressed. Great HD pictures EPL and FA Cup plus Euro 2016 and MLS available as well as 120 other channels.

I do not think he was ever a sponsor on TV here, you maybe confusing the sponsorship from another company?

• 5 months later...
On 15.3.2016 at 4:19 AM, motyduke said:

I see on FB many ad about IPTV. I asked them if there is à box . They say " no , You just download a software to connect to a server " . Where is the truth ?

I just saw this discussion about iptvthailand..I live in Germany and subscribed for All-InOne-PC account, so I did not order hardware..I only received a iptv playlist link  which included my username and password..I often watch with the software player  VLC..only had to paste the link in the network-stream section  waited 3 seconds and voilla...had more than 3000TV channels which include all important Pay-TV channels from around the world..Now after I have read this discussion I maybe was lucky because I didn`t order any harware.

• 1 month later...

Ordered the smartTv account on the 10th of Sept. After a few inquiries I received an order update on the 13 stating my order would be activated that day. As of today, still not activated and emails going unanswered. Paid via bank transfer so I guess its time to contact the boys in brown.

• 4 months later...

Find and IPTV supplier that at the very least, gives you a 24 hour trial, then you know they are legit and have a service to offer
There are a few in Thailand that can help you out

Edited by thhMan

6 hours ago, thhMan said:

Find and IPTV supplier that at the very least, gives you a 24 hour trial, then you know they are legit and have a service to offer

Lots of them have a service to offer until they have a load of subs.

It's called the long firm game.

6 hours ago, thhMan said:

What has a 24 hour trial have to do with being legitimate?