Wines: How Many Bottles Are We Allowed To Bring?

Macx

I remember reading somewhere on this forum that each traveler is allowed 10 liters of wine (or a dozen bottles). I've been bringing around this amount for several years. Never bothered to declare, and was never asked or checked.

Is this amount correct? Anyone with experience with bringing a few bottles of wine through Thai customs at DM or Suvanabhumi?

Yep, every site I can find says '1 litre of alcohol', none specifically mention wine.

I'd suggest one bottle each is sensible considering the 'crack down' that is currently being reported by arriving passengers.

While the duty-free allowance is 1 L per person, I assume you could bring in 10 L, just declare nine liters, go through the red-channel and pay the associated duty/customs fees. Everyone used to have to complete a customs declaration form upon arrival, but that requirement ceased sometime over the last two years. You should be able to locate a customs declaration form on-line, and maybe even get an idea on the duty/customs fees. I'd do a search here, and then search the Internet.