Does anyone have with experience of schools in Akat Amnuai?

isnakebite

Hello All,

I'm looking to send my girlfriend's daughter (aged 6) to a better school. Girlfriend has identified a school that her nephew used to go to. From my immediate internet search I think this is called Ban Akat. The girlfriend's father advises that there will be a monthly fee of 400 baht for a school bus to collect her from and return to her home and my girlfriend has reminded me that if she did move she would need new uniforms.

I know chances may be slim when I ask has anyone with experience of this school or any in Akat Amnuai but if anyone can it would be extremely helpful and appeciated,

What i would like to do is get in contact with the school to look into arranging it and for me to pay all the fees (to be able to keep a record would help with girlfriend's future visa applications). I've sent out a few messages but nothing to what I believe ito an official school site as yet.

As much as I would love to have the girlfriend go back home and look into it further, for the time being I can't. She's had a new job for a month and already returned from a week off to go back home and attend to her sick father. My girlfriend says her new boss is ok but for now we are refraining from asking her if she will let my girlfriend still have her job if she went to visit me for 3 months.

Again any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by isnakebite

It would be good to state the province and district that you are inquiring about since there are villages with the same name located in in different provinces. Also, transliterating Thai to English is not an exact science, so it may be difficult for people to help with this if they don't spell the name the way you are spelling it.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I found the number to the Akat Amnuai Suksa School. Tel 042-799121 Fax 042-799061. Hopefully, that is the school that you are referring to in your post. I am in Yasothon Province, Loeng Nok Tha District. 400 baht monthly is what I pay for my nephew's son to take the songtaew to school. I hope Akat Amnuai school is better at teaching English than here. Good Luck.

The website for Ban Akat is http://www.banakat.ac.th.

Thanks for your help. Hats off to you on your searching, I struggled for over an hour and found nothing.I'm not too sure on the province. I always thought my girlfriend lived in Sakon Nahkon (SK) but when I asked about looking for a school to send her to there, she said it was too far away and told me to look in Akat Amnuai which is closer to her village than SK. As for the quality of English teaching, I have no idea but my girlfriend was pretty confident this school would improve her education all round as well as he English.

This is great, I do hope it is the one the girlfriend is talking about, many thanks

Edited by isnakebite

Ban Akat is 65km from the city of Sakon Nakhon. It causes much confusion when the province has the same name as its capital city. Muang Sakon Nakhon is the proper name of the capital city, but most drop the word "Muang".

Your girlfriend probably lives in the District of Akat Amnuai, Sakon Nakhon Province. Her daughter probably goes to a village school and your girlfriend wants to send her to a larger district school. Probably the district school is better, but that is not always the case. The first thing I would do is enquire what the class size is and how many grades are in one class. In the district school there will be only one grade in a class, but some village schools have more than one. If the village school is a single grade class and under 20 students, it may be a better option if the district school is 40 plus students, which many are. Personally I see no way students can learn in large class rooms, no matter how much better the teacher is perceived to be. Especially at age 6, they need far more hands on attention than a teacher teaching 40 students can give.

Edited by Issangeorge