Thai father and daughter found dead in Florida; appeal to bring daughter home.

Trebilcock

I suspect many readers will already be aware of the tragedy at Merritt Beach, Florida earlier this week-

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/deputies-continue-investigation-into-merritt-island-deaths/104015668

An appeal has been launched to assist the widow/mother (a friend of my wife) to bring her daughter back to Thailand, and anyone wishing to help can donate here-

DELETED - PM for Info

Thank you very much for reading, and for any help you are able to give.

OP post Edited.

While I sympathize, Forum Rules apply -

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining to be approved. http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

The PM function direct to the OP is the proper venue if you wish to contribute.

"If" he killed his daughter I have no sympathy whatsoever and even if he didnt to leave her Fatherless is really not good.

The appeal is not about what the father did, but about trying to help a mother who is grieving for her daughter.

Why on earth should foreigners pay for a Thai woman to take her Thai daughter home? Would Thais help a farang in the same situation?

Should be posted on a Thai forum

"If" he killed his daughter I have no sympathy whatsoever and even if he didnt to leave her Fatherless is really not good.

The appeal is not about what the father did, but about trying to help a mother who is grieving for her daughter.

As Im non religious I would leave the body there and not burden other people with the financial cost of bringing her home it seems rather pointless but thats just me.

As Im non religious I would leave the body there and not burden other people with the financial cost of bringing her home it seems rather pointless but thats just me.

I'm pretty sure that Ananya's mother doesn't think it's pointless - and her's is the only opinion that matters just now.

I did a Google search on "Go Fund Me Ananya Mungmart's Funeral Expenses" and found some nice photos and comments.

Why on earth should foreigners pay for a Thai woman to take her Thai daughter home? Would Thais help a farang in the same situation?

Empathy has no nationality IMO.

The joy of donating is it is a choice. No one is making foreigners pay to bring back this poor girls body back home to her mother.

There are certain times when it is better to keep quiet. Let people think you are stupid rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

The joy of donating is it is a choice. No one is making foreigners pay to bring back this poor girls body back home to her mother.

There are certain times when it is better to keep quiet. Let people think you are stupid rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

The definition of stupidity would be believing in something that isnt true that there is some way this person will be brought back to life by a supernatural being. Most people in the world "believe" this and thats my definition of stupidity.

Edited by kannot

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you good caring souls would assist a foreigner living here if he or she was in similar circumstances?

There is a thread here concerning the plight of an 82 year old man who is being fleeced conned whatever you may like to say.

Positive action there may well ensure he stays alive.

That is and would be a much more worthy cause.

why do they need money? don't see any indication of too poor to afford one way tickets. Carting bodies around the world is idiotic, cremate and take the ashes home.

Obviously .

Secondly, I am sure there are Buddhist monks in Florida that can perform the necessary funeral rites.

I haven't read the original story, but this sounds like a scam to me.

There is a very large and very pleasant Thai Temple not far from there in Melbourne, Florida. I have been there many times. I am sure some suitable Buddhist ceremony could be arranged there. And, assuming the body is cremated, the ashes could easily be transported back to Thailand