beach searching help

Pink7

I just moved to Korat after living a year in Bangkok and i want to find some piecefully places with beaches to visit with my girl.. I want to avoid crowded places... Any suggestions? Im mainly looking to drive..

Pink

try the Bahamas.....

But if you insist on LoS versions, as mentioned the Rayong/Chantaburi coast has some OK beaches. If you are lucky you might be there when a Thai soap TV programme is being filmed and they do a clean up job for them. This as happened twice to me.

Chao Lao (spelling?) is a long beach with some nice resorts. There are some good roads to drive along as well off the highway.

hundreds of resorts to choose from - I always insist on looking in the rooms and checking prices before picking one. never had to book ahead on line as there is so much choice.

I have never stayed at the Rayong Resort but it is a good stopping point for a lunch on the way along the coast and it has nice scenery and views and long wooden piers to walk along. check the resort out on the internet. The GF will go selfie nuts there...

Thanks for many great suggestions.. From what i see now my first trip maybe Chanthaburi..5 hours drive is ok for my first beach trip with car in Thailand.

Pink

Edited by Pink7

Thung wua laen beach, Chumpon.

thung-wua-laen-4.jpg

Ahhhh Thailand where a picture is worth a thousand lies.

Exactly, Thung Wua Laen used to be a nice beach many years ago, but what they built along the small road in the back of the beach is just horrendous.... However as pinkpanther99 suggested, there are plenty of nice beaches just north of Thung Wua Laen and south of Hua Hin along the coast of Prachuap Kirikhan Province. Baankrut beach makes for a good destination as there are some nice resorts but the area it is not overdeveloped yet. The nice white sand beach stretches for several kilometres and is nestled in a beautiful landscape.

Koh samed

are you kidding ?

No ! you are kidding !

a nice and not crowdy beach !

Ok, if you have dark sun glasses and dont recognise our

new HQ tourists from Chi !!

Koh Samed was ok before 20 years !!

todays is like a klong in BKK

The best beach in Thailand that we've ever been to was Coconut Beach in Khao Lak (southern Thailand, West Coast). It was amazing to see that there were no more tourists and hotels, given the stunning beaches in that area. There's also a cape with an island-alike outcrop where you have two beaches at the same spot. It's amazing and safe for kids (no waves, no currents).

mainimage_thailand-destination-hkt_kbv-k