Dentist at BNH in Soi Convent

PomRakBKK

Hey,

I never had any dental work done at the BNH, but it's the hospital I use for years without issues.

Can anyone tell me about their dental department? I think I need 1-2 cavities fixed and might need an implant.

Any idea on the quality and pricing?

Thanks

PS: I have BUPA but I don't think they cover dental.

Have used the Dental clinic there for years. Quite good quality work, but quite expensive compared to what you can find elsewhere. Most of the dentists seem to be part-time there, while also working at Govt. hospitals or private clinics elsewhere.

They used to have an outstanding periodontist there that I used for years when living in Bangkok, unfortunately she became a professor at one of the Thai University medical schools and left

The part time nature of dental professionals is the norm here in Thailand, no one hospital or clinic has enough business to keep them employed full time, so they travel around to different places, usually on a regular weekly schedule

You are always going to pay a little more in a dental clinic that is part of a hospital but IMHO it is worth it in case something goes wrong. If I suddenly have a allergic reaction to novocaine I prefer to have an emergency room in the same building, not a ambulance ride away