Ticket On Departure

Robin

Has anyone experience of getting a 'Ticket on Departure' sent from a travel agent overseas, at the new airport. My company always wants to do his to control my travel. At Don Muang this always caused problems as no ailine had the facility to issue tickets from their airport office. Is this any easier at the new place.

For Don Muang I always played safe and went to the town office of the airline to get the ticket, but this takes time and will take longer at the new airport.

Any expeience of trying to buy an international ticket? This was always next to impossible at Don Muang. Alternatively, is there a travel agent near the airport who can sell tickets.

I know it is possible to get better deals buying a ticket in town, but try telling this to 'head office' travel dept in UK or Oz; they think that I am trying to cheat them on the ticket and somehow get business class when I am not entitled to it.

Will airlines at the new place take credit cards? ior is this too modern a concept for them to grasp?

Has anyone experience of getting a 'Ticket on Departure' sent from a travel agent overseas, at the new airport. My company always wants to do his to control my travel.

That’s an interesting situation you’re in.

In my experience, it is for the travel agent who orders the ticket to make the arrangement for the pick-up at the airport, and to bear the blame and costs if it does not work out.

Even in Europe it is difficult, sometimes impossible, to order a ticket in one country for pick-up at the airline’s counter at an airport in another country.

---------------

Maestro

My Bangkok based travel agent used to be able to arrange delivery of tickets into the transit area of the airport for transiting passengers. I don't know how he did it. He's now no longer in the travel business. But I suspect that some of the larger travel agencies in Bangkok may be able to do similarly if you are a regular and significant customer.

My Bangkok based travel agent used to be able to arrange delivery of tickets into the transit area of the airport for transiting passengers. I don't know how he did it. He's now no longer in the travel business. But I suspect that some of the larger travel agencies in Bangkok may be able to do similarly if you are a regular and significant customer.

Why not use 'E' ticketing online? The person booking and paying by credit card usually has to be one of those flying but your firm would see the email confirmation and you could send it in to them showing all details.