Decent Hotels In Korat

VegasVic

I will be visiting Thailand with my wife (born and raised just outside Korat) this winter and we will be visiting some of her family in the Korat area for a few days and I was wondering if there are any expats out there who could give me the name of a few decent hotels in Korat city that would be in the mid price range say 1000bt/night? Thanks in advance!

I will be visiting Thailand with my wife (born and raised just outside Korat) this winter and we will be visiting some of her family in the Korat area for a few days and I was wondering if there are any expats out there who could give me the name of a few decent hotels in Korat city that would be in the mid price range say 1000bt/night? Thanks in advance!

Try the Chao Phaya Hotel. 490 baht per night, central location right by the square, new, clean, good facilities. Sorry, I can't find the phone no. but it shouldn't be too hard to get hold of

Good luck

I have stayed at the Sima Thani hotel on Mittraphap Road, on the left just as you enter Korat.

No phone number ,sorry, its a big place and everything was very nice.I remember that the rate was a bit more than 1000 though....give them a ring( if you can find the number)

i've dtayed in most hotels in korat, and my advise would be

sima tani for most comfortable and best service @ approx 1200 per night

most central for amenities choa praya @ approx 500 per night [ but hard mattresses ]

both hotels have been good for what we have required.

one to avoid is galley white

Many thanks for everybodys input, the Chao Phaya certainly looks like a good clean place that is centrally located. Does anyone know how far Pakchong is from Korat city, more particular the Mission Hills golf course there in that area. Once again Thanks in advance for any replies!

Many thanks for everybodys input, the Chao Phaya certainly looks like a good clean place that is centrally located. Does anyone know how far Pakchong is from Korat city, more particular the Mission Hills golf course there in that area. Once again Thanks in advance for any replies!

AAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't use the Chao Praya.

A story

I got booked into ther Chao Praya by a friend of mine. Nice clean hotel, right bang in the middle. Problem. Beds are like concrete. My wife went down to reception to complain.

" Can we move rooms please, to one with a softer matress?"

" Sorry. All the beds are the same. Is you husband a Falang?" they asked her.

"Yes" she replied.

" Oh! We get a lot of Falangs here"

" Doesn't anyone else complain?"

" Oh yes. They nearly all complain and say they're not coming back here"

T.I.T

The Royal Princess is a very nice hotel. Around 1,600/1,800 a night. Little bit off the center, but worth the journey.

Korat -Pak Chong about 90 km

On the road from Korat to Pakchong you take the direction to Kao Yai.(left)

After about 15 minutes the row will bend to the left.Just before that bend you can follow the small road on your right to Mission Hills.There is a sign and you can't miss.

After about 15 minutes the row will bend to the left.Just before that bend you can follow the small road on your right to Mission Hills.There is a sign and you can't miss.

Thanks dutch. As far as the hard mattreses at the Chaophaya hotel goes, it might actually be good for my bad back. Thanks again for everones input, I look forward to visiting Korat. By the way is this Pisanee restaraunt that I have seen mentioned on this thread the primary hang out for expats in the area?

Thanks dutch. As far as the hard mattreses at the Chaophaya hotel goes, it might actually be good for my bad back. Thanks again for everones input, I look forward to visiting Korat. By the way is this Pisanee restaraunt that I have seen mentioned on this thread the primary hang out for expats in the area?

The mattresses ain't that bad. They're about the same as a futon or a good orthopaedic bed so they shouldn't be any problem. Go for it, you can always move after 1 night, and at least you'lll have somewher to stay when you arrive. Also, there's a very good restaurant about 200 meters from the hotel. Come out, turn left its on the left.

The mattresses ain't that bad. They're about the same as a futon or a good orthopaedic bed so they shouldn't be any problem. Go for it, you can always move after 1 night, and at least you'lll have somewher to stay when you arrive. Also, there's a very good restaurant about 200 meters from the hotel. Come out, turn left its on the left.

sorry, turn right,it's on the right. LOg style, great staff, great food, good band, good prices.

Hi VegasVic

I have stayed at the Choaphya Inn on 3 occasions. The firm (some call it hard) mattress/bed is the reason I chose to stay there. Unless one wants an S-shaped back, stay away from soft beds.

The Chaophya Inn cannot be beat for convenience.

Btw, the restaurant metioned by another post (turn right from the hotel, with log furniture) is the Texas Pub/Grill. It is open-air, no airconditioning. January is perfect weather. Good C&W music.

Enjoy Korat! Chokdee!

Hi VegasVic

I have stayed at the Choaphya Inn on 3 occasions. The firm (some call it hard) mattress/bed is the reason I chose to stay there. Unless one wants an S-shaped back, stay away from soft beds.

The Chaophya Inn cannot be beat for convenience.

Btw, the restaurant metioned by another post (turn right from the hotel, with log furniture) is the Texas Pub/Grill. It is open-air, no airconditioning. January is perfect weather. Good C&W music.

Enjoy Korat! Chokdee!

Thanks Ya and Soi. I will go ahead and plan on staying at the Choaphya and I look forward to trying the Texas Grill. Is there one particular bar or hangout that I would be likely to meet some expats at? Once again thanks for everyones input!

If you decide the beds ARE too hard and want a break during your visit to Khao Yai. I suggest you could stay a couple of nights at the Khao Yai Garden Lodge.

It's owned by a German, but don't let that put you off!!!! (only joking).

Very comfortable and under 1000 baht a night easily. Food is very good and cheap.

Recommend the more expensive rooms, they're very large and well furnished in classic style.

Nice garden and pool. Very peaceful.

- I have stayed there several times.

If you decide the beds ARE too hard and want a break during your visit to Khao Yai. I suggest you could stay a couple of nights at the Khao Yai Garden Lodge.

Very comfortable and under 1000 baht a night easily. Food is very good and cheap.

Recommend the more expensive rooms, they're very large and well furnished in classic style.

That last post of mine didn't seem to go through so I will try again. Thanks for the suggestion Andy, we are actually planning on spending at least on day in Kao Yai national park and I'll have to check out the Kao Yai Garden Lodge. If anyone knows of any stomping grounds for english speaking expats in Korat I would be glad to trade a few beers for information and insight into life in the kingdom. Thanks again for everones input so far.

If anyone knows of any stomping grounds for english speaking expats in Korat I would be glad to trade a few beers for information and insight into life in the kingdom. Thanks again for everones input so far.

A lot of "expats" meet at the Pasinee Restaurant (Lebanese Restaurant/Mike's Place). English spoken there for sure. You can find more info about the place if you do a google search for "Pasinee Restaurant Korat". :o

If anyone knows of any stomping grounds for english speaking expats in Korat I would be glad to trade a few beers for information and insight into life in the kingdom. Thanks again for everones input so far.

A lot of "expats" meet at the Pasinee Restaurant (Lebanese Restaurant/Mike's Place). English spoken there for sure. You can find more info about the place if you do a google search for "Pasinee Restaurant Korat". :D

Maybe not that much English but a lot of American, Australian, Scottish, Welsh etc..... :o

A lot of "expats" meet at the Pasinee Restaurant (Lebanese Restaurant/Mike's Place). English spoken there for sure. You can find more info about the place if you do a google search for "Pasinee Restaurant Korat". :D

Maybe not that much English but a lot of American, Australian, Scottish, Welsh etc..... :D

:o 5555555555555555555

You got that right. Just the other day somebody (who you know) was speaking "English", and I had to have somebody from England translate what he was saying into "American". :D