Csh Personal Checks

I used to belong to Siam City Bank and when I deposited my own check they took many moons to clear it,although my bank processed it in a week.My question what Thai bank gets the job done quickly?If any?Tired of being ripped off. :o:D:D:D

Edited by cwilliam

What bank, in what country, in what currency do you plan to write the check against? Assuming for a moment it is a bank in the U.S.A., everything I've read here on the subject indicated that it takes ~ 30 calendar days for the funds to be available. I suspect that they are batched and sent to the correspondent bank in the U.S.A. via airmail, then through the normal clearinghouses? You could probably pay a higher fee for expedited service?

I used to belong to Siam City Bank and when I deposited my own check they took many moons to clear it,although my bank processed it in a week.My question what Thai bank gets the job done quickly?If any?Tired of being ripped off. :o:D:D:D

If you deposit a check that was made to you deposited into your account it will take one day for the check to "clear" with the bank that the check was written on. Most Thai banks require that you deposit the check into the bank before 1:30 PM inorder to have the fund deposited cashed the next business day. If you do it after this deadline then the fund will be available to you in two business days :D

I used to belong to Siam City Bank and when I deposited my own check they took many moons to clear it,although my bank processed it in a week.My question what Thai bank gets the job done quickly?If any?Tired of being ripped off. :D:D:D:D

My check from a checking account in the USA.I consider 2-3 weeks reasonable to clear.Any Thai bank that can get the job done?I will open an acct there tomorrow?Amx cashes immediately,I don't expect that from a local bank. :o:D:D

I have had Bangkok bank, Kasikorn (Thai Farmers), Krung Thai and now Siam Commercial. If you get funds from a foreign check within a month, consider yourself lucky. It was faster for me to send the check to my US bank to have it deposited there and use my US ATM card to get cash.

I have had Bangkok bank, Kasikorn (Thai Farmers), Krung Thai and now Siam Commercial. If you get funds from a foreign check within a month, consider yourself lucky. It was faster for me to send the check to my US bank to have it deposited there and use my US ATM card to get cash.

Thanks Gary I see nothing has changed. just rec'd a debit card from my credit union,will try that. :o:D:D

Just a quickie:

How much are the approx fees to deposit a foreign cheque at a Thai bank?

Recently, I was charged 400 baht or $10. I do not remember which, plus a small fee of 20 baht or so for something.

My experience is waiting approximately 6 weeks. Some people have been luckier and others less lucky.

Just a quickie:

How much are the approx fees to deposit a foreign cheque at a Thai bank?

Recently, I was charged 400 baht or $10. I do not remember which, plus a small fee of 20 baht or so for something.

My experience is waiting approximately 6 weeks. Some people have been luckier and others less lucky.

Let's face it the banks rip you off.Slow or incompetent,what is the difference?Money out of your pocket.I have found out ways to beat the system.Bye :o:D:D