Newly discovered limestone cave in Tak to become a new tourist site

webfact

Newly discovered limestone cave in Tak to become a new tourist site

TAK, 3 March 2016 (NNT)-A newly discovered cave in Tak province is set to receive an upgrade to become a new tourist attraction.

The cave, known locally as “Tham Pha Khao Morakot”, was discovered at Taksin Maharat National Park in Mae Sot district. The cave has beautiful formations of stalactites and stalagmites.

Tak Governor Somchai Hatayatanti said a limestone chamber inside the cave is large enough to accommodate several thousand people at a time. The cave was named Tham Pha Khao Morakot as these rock formations glow like the diamond in the presence of light.

Those wanting to visit the cave are able to contact a nearby village of Poupae at 082-882-3196. A tour guide will be provided by the village committee during weekdays.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-03 footer_n.gif

guaranteed to disappear in the rest of the "attractions" in this country, and probably only at a treble/quadruple charge for us guys... They can keep the place, will be F@#$d up in a couple of years anyways.

Sounds nice but will it come complete with dual pricing for foreigners?

No at the regular price for foreigners, Thais will get a discount.

That's called dual pricing dude.

if so, I'm not visiting. I do go to Mae Sot a lot though but with all this dual pricing crap, I'd rather go across to Hpa-an on the Myanmar side, where the caves are still free and are more worthwhile visiting than anything similar on the Thai side.

Sounds nice but will it come complete with dual pricing for foreigners?

No at the regular price for foreigners, Thais will get a discount.

That's called dual pricing dude.

if so, I'm not visiting. I do go to Mae Sot a lot though but with all this dual pricing crap, I'd rather go across to Hpa-an on the Myanmar side, where the caves are still free and are more worthwhile visiting than anything similar on the Thai side.

"complete with dual pricing for foreigners?"

any time two different things happen within one set, it is called dual, if more than two things happen it is called multiple

since there is only one price for foreigners, there is no dual price for foreigners

one price is charged for foreigners, ALL FOREIGNERS ARE CHARGED THE SAME PRICE and one price is charged for locals.

There might be dual pricing for locals and foreigners

Though I agree , from the looks of them some foreigners should be charged more than others.tongue.png

This Thread is about the caves and not about the Thai policy of charging those who do not pay taxes to support projects more than the locals who do.

So let's talk about the Caves Has anyone being there yet, if so, is it worth the trip, I for one is always looking for new destinations to visit.

im passing by in a day or 2 so ill soon find out if 'farang pay 10x more'. i getting bored with giving them the finger.

" i getting bored with giving them the finger."

So what will you give them now?laugh.png I hope not 10x you'll be out of fingers

im passing by in a day or 2 so ill soon find out if 'farang pay 10x more'. i getting bored with giving them the finger.

So what will you give them now?laugh.png I hope not 10x you'll be out of fingers

you may be deformed but i only have 8 fingers.

you may be deformed but i only have 8 fingers.

and you will still run out of fingers if you tried to give them 10x

This could be a pleasant day trip from CM. should see it before it's ruined

i would factor in a week to find it. i asked at the national park where its supposed to be.... they sent us back up the road. we asked all the musers, they sent us back down the road. we asked the bib in the checkpoint..... they sent us to the national park......we gave up. its been there for a billion years, ill try again later.

Archived